Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug UI bug with build starting from 2020.3.35f1 and up

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MiroMarionette, Jun 10, 2022.

1. MiroMarionette

MiroMarionette

Hello,
    We experience a weird UI bug with builds, the issue being that the right side of the screen is not registered properly. I was able to even reproduce the issue in a new project, here is how.

• Create a new 3D project with 2020.3.35f1
    • In the sample scene, create a new canvas and attach an image component to it
    • I modified the code from daveMennenoh in the post below so that instead of printing it writes it on a text component on the canvas
      https://forum.unity.com/threads/how-to-detect-if-mouse-is-over-ui.1025533/
    • Next in Edit>Project Settings>Player>Resolution and Presentation
      - Fullscreen Mode: Windowed
      - Resizable Window: true
    In the editor, it is all good.
    Once you make a build the issue is present - rescale the window a little bit, make the width wider for example. Hovering over the right side of the screen, using the mouse, results in "Not over UI".
    The bug was also there in the current 2021 LTS version.

If anyone can help solve this that would be appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    codingoat likes this.
  2. codingoat

codingoat

Hi! I'm facing the same issue with 2022.1.1f1 (and 2022.2.0a16). Have you found a solution?
    It seems to me that the affected area is everything to the right of an imaginary 16:9 rectangle filling the middle of the screen.

3. MiroMarionette

MiroMarionette

No sorry. Currently back to 2020.3.33f1 where the bug is not present. I also tested a 2021.3.4f1 version and the bug was there as well.

codingoat likes this.
  4. Last8Exile

Last8Exile

Same here. Resizing window to more than 16/9 make ui interactions on right size slightly off or completly unclickable.

5. Last8Exile

Last8Exile

2021.3.2f1 does not have this bug.

6. azukiidx

azukiidx

same happen this problem on my project....
    do you have a solution anyware?

7. MiroMarionette

MiroMarionette

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  8. Unity-Student0

Unity-Student0

@MiroMarionette, if you send the bug report to the QA team, despite it being a known issue, they will ask you to update to the latest LTS version. If you are doing this on a personal computer rather than office, then you seriously should consider the LTS version. It's stable and you don't have to waste time puzzling out if any problems exist. Problems should still be in the LTS version, but this is rare, not as bad as the non-LTS ones.