Search Unity

UI Animations broken after upgrading to 2019.1

Discussion in 'Animation' started by unnanego, Apr 26, 2019.

1. unnanego

unnanego

I have several simple UI animations made with mecanim. After upgrading to 2019.1 all works fine in preview, but in Play mode all elements just go crazy with random attributes.

2. IvyKun

IvyKun

This happened to me but with humanoid animations.

All animations are crazy broken with the upgrade to unity 2019. So I just went back to 2018... don't have time to investigate why everything is broken.

unnanego likes this.
  3. simonbz

simonbz

Unity Technologies

unnanego likes this.
  4. MatL

MatL

I think we are having the same issue.
    When changing the texture of an UI image with an animation some other parameters on the animation brake
    For example the size of the rect transform get's intertwine with the position, when I change the height, Pos Y changes, and when I change Pos Y is reverted to the height.

Should I open a bug or assume is the same issue?

Also do you have an estimation on how soon 2019.1.1f1 is going to be released, is helpful for us to know because we need to decide if reverting our project to a previous version or wait for the fix.

Thanks.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  5. MatL

MatL

2019.1.1f1 was just released, checked and the issue is fixed.

simonbz likes this.
  6. Xhitman

Xhitman

Is it really fixed? I still have the problem.
    First of all, there is no problem in version 2018.

My case is:
    A robot character (with animator)
    A Forearm gameobject attached on robot forearm bone as a child
    The forearm have its own animator.

Result:
    The Forearm gameobject transform mess up (its local value should be (0,0,0) all the time) after animation.

I test the case with another forearm gameobject that do not have animator. No any problem. the forearm local transform do not change after animation.

It is well repeatable, the unexpected position and rotation change happen on any child(shoulder, leg, foot etc) that have their own animation.

PS. Not UI animation, but 3D animation

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    unnanego likes this.
  7. Aleshinho

Aleshinho

Any news related to this problem? Im having same issues with 2019.3.9f1 and had it with some of previous versions.

8. Xhitman

Xhitman

At the end, I modify the child such that the "animation root is on the child in the FBX file"

Be careful, there are two cases involved:

1. Child's animation is on the child
    2. Child's animation is on child's child.

9. Serge144

Serge144

Im having this issue... i developed my entire game in version 2019.2.0f1, where I directly imported blender files into the project without any problem and used them. Now if I update to newer versions of Unity 2020+ the animations of my character are completely broken... For example in The Main Menu the character is supposed to perform one of the clips in the blender file, now its making a completely different one... any help on this?

10. Serge144

Serge144

In more detail: When I go inspect the animation clips in Unity Editor, all of the clips play the same one clip, even though they are all supposed to play different movements.