Search Unity

uGUI Strange input field issue, cant type inside it?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Gibbonuk, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Gibbonuk

Gibbonuk

Im using unitys new 4.6 GUI and so far been really impressed, but for some reason Ive come accross an odd issue.

I have added an "inputField" to my GUI but for some reason I cannot type inside at runtime? The caret appears when i click inside it, but it just sits there blinking and receives no input from my keboard?

My older style GUI using the old routines work fine though, so do i need to do something else to get them to recive input from the keyboard?

Thanks

2. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Try using 4.6.1p4 - as this has InputField fix, let us know if it works.

3. Gibbonuk

Gibbonuk

Just bring this back up as I still cant type in the inputField, even with a new scene, add a UI inputfield, press play and I can type inside it?

Same after latest update.

In the editor i can put some text in and select that with the mouse, but just cant delete it, type inside it, nothing.

Thanks
    Andy

4. phil-Unity

phil-Unity

Unity UI Lead Developer

if you click inside the inputfield does a caret blink? are you able to click on other things (buttons,ect) in the scene?

5. Gibbonuk

Gibbonuk

Caret blinks, yes all other things work fine, buttons, sliders ETC.

Legacy GUI Inputfield also works just fine.

Thanks
    Andy

6. Gibbonuk

Gibbonuk

Fixed, wooha! Ok so this was because I had "touch input module" active with "allow activation on standalone", and "stand alone input module" inactive. BUT even when i activated the stand alone and diactivate the touch input, it still wouldnt work. This was becaause I have changed the axis input names so it was causing an error and not allowing me to input into the text field.

Once I had the correct axis names in it works fine.

Andy