Search Unity

[uGUI] Rich Text markup and anchor tags

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by JimArtificer, Sep 2, 2014.

1. JimArtificer

JimArtificer

The most impressive feature of DaikonForge was its ability to process a wide variety of "html" markup in text fields, including anchor tags. This allowed for easily building an in-game codex or combat log where the user could click on highlighted text to get additional information. World of Warcraft also has this feature in its chat logs, allowing players to link item information to each other.

Looking at the Rich Text documentation, it appears that only <b>, <i>, <size> and <color> are supported. I'd like to see an <a> tag that fires an event with a string parameter.

I'd also like to see a <code> tag or similar to indicate that the html rules for collapsing white space should be ignored and a monospaced font should be used.

Are there plans for adding these features? If not, have any open-source efforts been started to improve the rich text markup tags?

2. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

We are going to be redoing text in unity 'soon'. We'll take your comments as things you'd like to see.

lliviu and Breyer like this.
  3. Breyer

Breyer

In the meanwhile u could look at useful script collection thread. I made ext which support <a> tag and released for free there

4. yudixiaok

yudixiaok

when do you support <a> tag @Tim C! Our team need the these features ! please improve the rich text markup tags

5. Sailendu

Sailendu

6. Nikola-B

Nikola-B

Looks like Link support is coming to Text Mesh Pro as per this video.

In terms of rich text markup, there are a lot more available in TMP as well. Like lots more ... See this post / thread.

Last edited: May 29, 2015