Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UFPS : Ultimate FPS [ RELEASED ]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VisionPunk, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john-essy

john-essy

Ignore everything said!

2. topofsteel

topofsteel

Has anyone tried publishing to WebGL while using UFPS. I found that it wouldn't publish, there were a variety of errors. Did I not have it set up correctly or will it be supported at some point? Thanks.

3. topofsteel

topofsteel

I would like to animate the UFPS controler walking from one location to another, is this possible? I do ArchVis and I've found that many people would rather just watch someone else walk through the design. My thought is to have a number of destinations 'recorded'. The user would select a destination and watch from the first person perspective with footsteps and stopping to look around or whatever. But I want to use UFPS so transition to controlling the camera would be seamless Yes? No? Another third party asset to help with this? Thanks.

4. topofsteel

topofsteel

Are footsteps using substances outputs supported in Unity5? I've set it up the same way I did in 4 but it's not working. So many things aren't working perfectly in Unity5 so I'm not sure where the problem is. Thanks.

5. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Quick headsup that UFPS is currently in the Madness Sale 55% OFF (at $42.75).
    If you haven't already, this is a great opportunity to get it from the VisionPunk store or AssetStore.

6. Taorcb

Taorcb

I'm having a strange problem. If I open my scene via button (From the main menu), the player spawns without any weapons and can't pick them up (though they disappear off the ground and the audio plays). I think this is because the WeaponCamera is not being turned on, but I'm not entirely sure. Can someone please tell me how to fix this? It's kind of game-breaking.

Thanks

EDIT: WeaponCamera is be completely black, except for the reticle and the HUD. The player still spawns without weapons.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  7. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

you might check your player prefab have the item ID allowed into inventory, if its not that you might try their forum, but the support is almost inexistant, my questions never received answer this last months

8. Muralidaran

Muralidaran

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me out with the projectile spawn position. I am trying to use UFPS for a game with magic. Everything is setup just like a gun except the projectile is a particle system. When I shoot the magic is coming from the camera. I need to make it so the shot originates from between the hands but I can't find any way to adjust the spawn point.
    Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

9. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

In FPWeapon Shooter you have this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. protected override void Awake()
    2.     {
    4.         base.Awake();
    6.         m_FPCamera = transform.root.GetComponentInChildren<vp_FPCamera>();
    8.         if (m_ProjectileSpawnPoint == null)
    9.             m_ProjectileSpawnPoint = m_FPCamera.gameObject;
    11.         m_ProjectileDefaultSpawnpoint = m_ProjectileSpawnPoint;
    so you could create a new class for the weaponShooter and override Awake with something like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (m_ProjectileSpawnPoint == null)
    2.             m_ProjectileSpawnPoint = SpawnPointPosition; //public variable you set in inspector

10. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

there is a better option: in FPWeaponShooter line 165 add this:

m_Component.m_ProjectileSpawnPoint = (GameObject)EditorGUILayout.ObjectField("spawn", m_Component.m_ProjectileSpawnPoint, typeof(GameObject), true);

11. Muralidaran

Muralidaran

Hi Damien. I tried adding that to line 165 and it threw up some errors. Was there anything else I needed to add or is the line wrong?

12. Muralidaran

Muralidaran

These are the errors:
    Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Player/Local/vp_FPWeaponShooter.cs(167,74): error CS0103: The name `EditorGUILayout' does not exist in the current context

Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Player/Local/vp_FPWeaponShooter.cs(167,25): error CS0103: The name `m_Component' does not exist in the current context

13. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

sorry it was in vp_FPWeaponShooterEditor, I am actually doing same on a project and there is many hickups when we try to modify things around spawnpos it still reset to the camera after we start the scene, i will post when i find a clean way to do it that do not break other weapons.

14. Muralidaran

Muralidaran

Awesome, thanks for the help. I will also post if I figure it out first

15. Viva-La-Baz

Viva-La-Baz

I'm sure this has been asked in this thread before, but theirs too many pages to read through.
    How would one go about doing Duel Welding? 2 arms, 2 guns?

RealSoftGames likes this.
  16. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

hi, i dont know if this has been asked before or not, but i was following a tutorial about changing the character model for Ufps, i had some practice with that and manged to do it with a few models off the asset store, but one issue i'm running into is the 3rd person view holding weapons. i know to position the weapons appropriately to the right hand. but the left hand just dangles next to it as it was positioned for another weapon, how do we modify the left hand per weapon?

Question 2

what is required to make the 3rd person character work. i want to remove the weapon system and only use the animations system of Ufps.

essentially i like how the character moves around the world, i was able to replace the model with my own very easily, you have managed to achieve this quite nice with only a few steps, but i want to take out the Weapon system and use my own.

17. Hedonsoft

Hedonsoft

I need to assign the Head and Spine in the vp_FPBodyAnimator at runtime, after my character is generated. Where in the script do I do this?

18. GameNative

GameNative

Has anyone successfully got UMA dynamic avatar working with this system?

19. quarzwar

quarzwar

Hello,
    First of all, I love the asset. Awesome work.
    Is it possible to easily make the controller walk around planets? I know we can't turn the character controller upside down. But can I make a "Fake" controller that I can turn upside down, and trick uFPS-scripts into treating it as the Character controller?
    Thanks,
    CoBon

20. Zaxs_Reaper

Zaxs_Reaper

Hi, I just want to ask why is there no footstep sounds on LOD surfaces?
    Thanks ^^

21. AIBotSystem_com

AIBotSystem_com

UFPS is an awesome tool!

We had a blast hooking it up with PlayMaker! (with full A.I.). 2 powerful systems working together seamlessly.

Play our integration demo here: [CLICK FOR WEBPLAYER DEMO]

If you want to find out how we did it, with source files, we have a detailed tutorial available for our users. You'll need a copy of our A.I. kit here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/31067

22. Shadex

Shadex

I'm using it for magic as well. Let me help you out here...

Projectile Spells (Fireball, Ice bolt, Aqua Sphere, etc)
    Make a copy of the grenade weapon, and rename it to your spell, unit banks and all. Copy GrenadeLive and rename it to your spellnameProjectile. Add particle effect directly to spellnameProjectile (formily known as GrenadeLive). Note: for a fireball the particle effect should be a ball of fire without trails. The trails should only appear when you physically move the particle effect on the editor. Don't forget to add the "ondeath" particle effect, for explosions or icy grounds, etc

For Flame thrower type spells (Skyrims Ice and Fire spells)
    Add the particle effect as muzzle flash, and match the hitscan range with the particle effects range

For Ground Targeted AoE spells
    Use the explosion from the grenade and replace it with any particle effect you want.

Hope it helps.

23. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

I am using this for VR and would like to add 45 degree rotations on my buttons. In vr its called "comfort mode"...press RB trigger and the player rotates 45 degrees. i have been able to get this to work on my camera using rotate but not the UFPS player. Any ideas how i can rotate the pkayer in degrees, in code or in playmaker? Thanks!

24. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Hi,

Ive had UFPS for a little while now but still have some open questions that really need help with:

1) is it possible to have target areas on character bodies, such as head, arms, legs so that damage is localised and/or does more damage when hit?

2) is there any news on when dual weapons are supported, such as 2 pistols, 1 pistol + melee, 2 melee, etc.

3) Does anyone have any help to get UMA model working with uFPS?

Thanks,

25. XRA

XRA

I've been encountering some cases where the UFPS player controller gets stuck when walking/sliding against walls. Has anyone else noticed this?

It seems to happen most often when walking up/along a surface that isn't perfectly flat (or a ramp) while also sliding against any nearby wall.

I think if the nearby wall is also segmented or has some slight variations in how planar it is, that might also cause it to happen, hard to figure out though.

26. drewradley

drewradley

Have you tested a build? Physics don't always work very well in the Game Window of Unity and need to test on an actual build to really see how the physics will behave. Might not be your problem, but still worth checking.

27. XRA

XRA

good idea, just tried a build but it behaves the same. It's always the same parts of the geometry in both editor/build that the controller sticks on.

The other behavior I noticed is once stuck, when I let go of any WASD keys, after about 1 second the FPS camera "pops" downward slightly, with a small amount of spring.

It looks as if it just resettled/dropped onto the ground a very small amount (*edit just measured, and the change in Y was 0.06909m, x was 0.00133m, z was 0)

Currently I'm seeing if I can debug the UFPS controller and find where it decides to stop movement.

***EDIT****

It looks like it is to do with the CharacterController's skinWidth or other properties, I disabled the UFPS UpdateForces() Sliding() and Collision() functions, and then while testing, increased the skin width which reduced getting stuck on walls.

Increasing the slope limit also solves the stickyness but isn't really ideal

So I don't think this is a UFPS issue now.. but just one of Unity's outdated character controller ;)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  28. XRA

XRA

found an acceptable solution to the stickiness I was seeing,

set CharacterController slope limit to 90 (keep skin width at 0.08 default)

on the UFPS VP_FPController, use SlopeSlideLimit and Slope Slidiness to prevent player from climbing slopes,
    slide limit set to 50 (what my Character Controller used to be)
    slidiness I set to 2 (modified the editor)

Side effect is there's some bounce/jitter when trying to walk along ramps combined with pushing against organic-shaped/sloped walls, but at least the player won't just get stuck which is more jarring.

The alternate would be to do a collision pass and add perfect 90 degree vertical walls bordering all walkable space but that would be too heavy handed and mess up other things.

29. kloogens

kloogens

My hierarchy window keeps accumulating Timers when I start and stop the game.
    This is exactly what is in the Hierarchy window.

Timers(3/27)

I have about 30 of them in the window.

When I click on any of them i get a window saying. "vp_Timer can't be added in the inspector." blah blah blah with an Ok button.

I don't have any error in the console.

Anyone know what this is and how to prevent it.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  30. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Hi

does anyone have a support email for VisionPunk?

Their site has some hosting issues and not getting any response on the Unity forums.

Thanks.

31. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

32. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

33. HR0THVITNIR

HR0THVITNIR

I started getting these too, don't know why. I deleted them, it didn't seem to have any bad effects. I only updated to unity 5.1 from 5.0 yesterday, so maybe it has something to do with that? Otherwise I have no idea, I haven't done anything with timers recently.

34. kloogens

kloogens

Interesting I'm using 5.1 as well.

35. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Quick update:

And very sorry for being a bit absent here lately. We have a lot of support and must prioritize support tickets + the official forum. Hope to get back here soon =).

36. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Hi Cal,

I am not getting the same issues on the site today. All good.

Just looking at the update for multiplayer, I think I love you.

I have been thinking what I should buy myself for a birthday present!

37. vp_Tommy

vp_Tommy

Apologies for the lack of updates here. As Cal mentioned, we focus more on VisionPunk's forum as well as the support tickets.

@HR0THVITNIR @kloogens this should be resolved in the latest update for the vp_Timer.

@siblingrivalry you can send us a support ticket by sending it through the email in the Docs (this' to avoid spam), regarding your earlier questions

1. it is possible to create body location damage system. You will have to turn off the controller used for damage for this to work.
    2. As far as I know, there's no immediate plans to implement dual weapons though someone in the official forums has done it and share how he did it
    3. It is best to consult UMA in terms of integrating it.

siblingrivalry likes this.
  38. tredpro

tredpro

love the asset but i have some issues. the main one is whenever i try to shoot unless i am running. i shoot myself. and if im running once i stop and momentum catches back up. i shoot myself again.

39. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

thanks for reply.

40. VisionGames

VisionGames

HI.
    Please I have this problem with new version of UFPS 1.5
    I put in my project UFPS AI add on and I get error and I dunno how to fix it.
    If u could help me I will be really glad
    This is the error:
    Assets/UltimateFPS/Scripts/Gameplay/AI/Combat/vp_AIShooter.cs(60,29): error CS0508: `vp_AIShooter.TryFire()': return type must be `bool' to match overridden member `vp_Shooter.TryFire()'

krypton123 likes this.
  41. vp_Tommy

vp_Tommy

@tredpro does this happen on the examples we provided? This could be due to the collider size being big enough that the camera is inside it, since the bullet spawns from the middle of the camera.

@VisionGames the UFPS AI add-on is sadly outdated as there was some changes in UFPS. You could try changing the script from a void to a bool and make sure to return a true. If you have any further issues, please do not hesitate to contact support.

42. tredpro

tredpro

43. vp_Tommy

vp_Tommy

That is indeed weird. May I know what version of Unity and UFPS are you using?

44. HR0THVITNIR

HR0THVITNIR

-EDIT-
    So I had thousands of error messages dragging me through a bunch of core ufps scripts I had never touched, ending with vp_Timer. I also had lots of vp_Timers accruing and never ending, with the result that if I hit the reload button the gun would fail to reload, freeze up, would no longer fire even if there was still ammo, and I could not cycle to the next or previous weapon (ie, game broken).

I figured it out and thought I'd post it in case anyone else runs into it, since it was a pain.

The source of the problem appears to be that I had (like months ago) deleted the weapon camera. I can't remember everything I've done since then, but the final serendipitous little edit that fixed everything for me was to

comment out all of if(Rendering) { } at line 999 in vp_FPWeapon

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  45. quarzwar

quarzwar

Hello,
    First of all, I absolutely love your asset.
    Second, Is it possible to modify the UFPS controller in such a way, that I can make it walk around on a sphere?
    I want to be able to land a spaceship and run around on a planet with no intersections/loading screens in the style of this kit: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/13418
    How would I go about doing that?

Thank you,
    quarzwar

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  46. BigB

BigB

Hi everyone,

I/m having a problem with UFPS.
    Sometimes at random places, my ufps camera just falls trough the ground, as if there's no colision.
    This happens at random places and at random times, so it's kind of hard to track what could the problem be.
    The level offcourse has colision, and I can go trough the same place 100 times without a problem, and then on the 101 time, the ufps player just falls trough the ground.
    Anyone had this problem ?
    Anything I can change somewhere to avoid this ?

Thanks,
    Bruno

47. Tinjaw

Tinjaw

I have created a simple scene with the Hero from UFPS and a Soldier prefab from Shooter AI. After I run the scene, there are timer objects left in the hierarchy. I asked on the Shooter AI thread and somebody mentioned they are from UFPS and there is a known fix. I searched the forums and can't find anything. Can somebody help me out?

48. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

Best place for anything Forum related is at their forums, not here.
    Below is the Timer post.
    http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/2535/vp-timer-bug-and-patch#latest

49. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

Anyone have any ideas? I would be willing to pay for it if its a big feature.
    Please help me rotate my player!
    Thanks

50. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

@HeadTrip if I owned VR I would help. You should post on the visionpunk.vanillaforums.com as I believe some people use VR and can help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.