Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UFPS : Ultimate FPS [ RELEASED ]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VisionPunk, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muralidaran

Muralidaran

Hello,

I was wondering if you could help me with something. I want to make different difficulty levels for the game I am working on. I want to increase the life that the enemies have for higher difficulties. I have set up a game controller object and what I need to know is how to apply the health increases to the vp_DamageHandler script so that the max health is increased.
    So if, in my game controller I have a variable enemyHealthMax += 10; how do I apply that to the damage handler.

Thanks

2. Smartline-Games

Smartline-Games

Thanks for responding. As always I'm looking forward for your upcoming progress. ^_^

3. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

I suppose that you would want to loop through all of the appropriate damage handlers in the scene and bump up the values, if I am understanding your question. Here's a simple example that you might try in demo scene #3. Please ignore if I'm not on the same page of the music.
    Code (csharp):
    2. // this would go in Update in a script
    4.     if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.U))
    5.         {
    6.             int n = 25;  // layer # of SimpleAITurret ... the Enemy layer
    7.         vp_DamageHandler[] damages = FindObjectsOfType(typeof(vp_DamageHandler)) as vp_DamageHandler[];
    8.         foreach (vp_DamageHandler damage in damages)
    9.         {
    10.                 Debug.Log(damage.transform.name);
    11.                 Debug.Log(damage.transform.gameObject.layer);
    12.                 if (damage.transform.gameObject.layer == n)
    13.                     damage.MaxHealth = damage.MaxHealth + 10f;
    14.         }
    16.         }

4. eridani

eridani

Will UFPS have an option to use the new 4.6 UI or only its own custom UI? Thank you

5. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

what are the different methods that can be used to avoid friendly fire ? ( enemies firing between them, and player shooting on its own allies)

using physics ignore matrix does no work, i have ended used special functions on bullet like PlayerDamage & enemyDamage.

6. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

The UFPS SimpleHUD is just a place-holder for your own custom interface. Many people use NGUI, for example, and so you will have no difficulty in using the new functionality of the 4.6 Canvas in your game.

7. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Typically this is accomplished by using Layers. See Physics.Raycast in vp_HitscanBullet for an example, and also in the Unity Docs. http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Physics.Raycast.html I personally prefer to allow friendly-fire and rather cause the unit affected to "change sides" after a certain amount of friendly damage is received (by flipping it's Layer). It feels more realistic to me that way.

8. JWdell

JWdell

Well I solved my issue for the most part of having destroyed objects using the vp_DamageHandler script to trigger other objects on death.

I just edited that script and added a simple activateOnDeath.SetActive(true); with a var public GameObject activateOnDeath; to choose the gameobject I want to activate and added it to the protected virtual void OnDisable function. Works like a charm.

Even though it works, I still get a console warning about activateOnDeath not being assigned even though it is working. Any way to get rid of that console warning?

Another question I had too is why can I only add one of these to the protected virtual void OnDisable function? I wanted to add one for both activateOnDeath and a deactivateOnDeath but it always only wants to check or call one of those and won't read the next. I wanted to include them both so I have the option to activate or deactivate an object on death.

9. GenOli

GenOli

For some reason get/set isn't working properly on remote players.

I can set the position, but if I do a get to check the value, it's 0,0,0, but on the local player it works.

10. Muralidaran

Muralidaran

Hey New,

Thanks for that. I got the damage figured out. The last thing I am having trouble with is: how do I add sound effects for when an enemy or the player takes damage?

11. OneShotGG

OneShotGG

What would be the best way to represent laser bolts(star wars style lasers that give off light, not solid lines)?

Would a projectile with a light attached to it be the best way to accomplish this? Or is they some way to use a tracer with hitscan that only does damage when the tracer hits an object?

12. Andy_

Andy_

Hi Muralidaran,
    Check this link in our official forum for a similar solution.

Basically create a new script that you put on your AI and/or player character
    In that script have a public method called Damage that takes a float as in parameter. Play the sound in that method

13. JWdell

JWdell

Hey guys, I have another question about UFPS, specifically about Vp_Moving Platform. Basically what I am doing is, I have a crane in a level that is supposed to be constantly looping in a square kinda like it is carrying something, going through some opening in the wall, going around then coming out another opening on another wall. Just a basic square movement. The problem I'm having is, there is an option for Loop but in the explanation it says it is for moving an object that isn't changing directions. Is is possible to have this object change directions so it will constantly Loop as what Loop would actually mean? It always wants to just stop on the second waypoint. I don't understand the use of Loop option if the object cannot change directions and must move in one direction. I don't see that being a Loop.

I'm not looking to rotate the object either before someone suggests that.

14. GenOli

GenOli

Why is it so hard to sign up for support on the Visionpunk website? I never get a notification email.

15. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

I want to make sure that I understand. Do you want 1,2,3,4,3,2,1,2,3,4,... or do you want 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4, ... ? The first is PingPong, the second is Loop.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  16. JWdell

JWdell

I want Loop but when I choose Loop it doesn't continuously Loop through the waypoints like the description says but also the description says that Loop loops through all the waypoints but only in 1 direction. Since my waypoints are in a square the object stops when it hits the second waypoint since it cannot move in another direction.

I'm probably just going to brush up on the Animation system and skip trying to do these things with UFPS.

17. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Don't be discouraged! When they say "direction" they mean Forward, Backward or Direct. What you want is Forward. You might also want to set the Rotation - Interpolation Mode to Sync to Movement. Reexamine your waypoint set also, just to make sure that you haven't overlooked anything simple there. Another option for your scenario is to use your 4 waypoints in Target mode with a Direction of Direct and Auto Start set to 1. Test this option for yourself by adding a couple of additional waypoints to the door in demo scene #3 and making the other settings that I mentioned. Turn Cooldown off and make the Return Delay a reasonable value to suit your tastes. Don't quit on it. I promise you that your scenario is not at all unusual.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  18. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

What's new on 1.4.9 version? Can't find info

19. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

I quote from the link below.. "This version will include throwing weapon support, exemplified by a new HD grenade weapon, a rewritten explosion system along with several new minor features and multiplayer facilitating tweaks."

http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/7606/#Comment_7606
    ... other than that, we're going to have to just wait and see I think.
    I'm pretty excited about those grenades! But, I sure hope that they put the box of shotgun shells back into the prefabs.

20. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

UFPS 1.4.9 [RELEASED]

Ultimate FPS 1.4.9 is the final version of UFPS before the beta of our multiplayer add-on begins. It has a large number of minor changes and bugfixes, especially to the damage model. It also features a reworked explosion system and a new weapon animation type: throwing weapons. A new HD weapon - the hand grenade - demonstrates the new features combined.

For more info about all the new features and fixes, please see this post in the UFPS forum.

Note that UFPS is currently on sale (50% off -> regular price: $95), so this is a great opportunity to get it if you haven't done so already.

In other news, there is new info about the fate of the discontinued AI Add-on for UFPS.

Cheers

Cal

21. Smartline-Games

Smartline-Games

@VisionPunk

I'm expecting that the multiplayer-addon will be also available on the Asset-Store, right?
    ( After the people's feedback ofcourse ;) )

22. f1chris

f1chris

can someone list me what are the main objects to modify if I want to include my own arms animations ?

I don't mind for now to keep same animations but would like to replace those skin texture arms with something else.

thx very much

23. Andy_

Andy_

Correct! There will be a closed beta first though

24. Andy_

Andy_

25. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

hi, how long will the 50% sale run for? thanks

26. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

27. Vilhelmus

Vilhelmus

How could I edit the projectile to fire from the weapon instead of the center of the camera? I've changed the crosshair to move with the weapon springs, but don't see where to find the raycast or whatever for moving the projectile spawn point.

28. Andy_

Andy_

Hi Vilhelmus,
    Check out this thread in our official forum:
    http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/7956/#Comment_7956

29. SimStm

SimStm

Hey Cal. I have a question.

Can I make the hands move separately from the camera?

I mean, for a flashlight (for example), if I keep pressed "Key X" and move my mouse, only the flashlight with hand will move for where my mouse will be, working like a "Look to" system, and maybe reset to the center if I leave the key.

(or PS Vita for example, using the back touchpad to move the hand separately from the camera)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  30. Vilhelmus

Vilhelmus

Thanks Andy, works perfectly.
    @Sim S I can confirm Dialogue System from PixelCrushers does work perfectly with UFPS.

31. JWdell

JWdell

Is it possible to have the weapons show up behind GUI's? Whenever I use a GUI Texture to display something on the screen, the weapons are always in front of it block their view.

How can I make the weapons appear behind the GUI's instead of in front blocking their view?

32. rob535

rob535

Hi everyone, I have been away from the pc for a while, anyway I just upgraded to latest UFPS and latest Exploder...

Could someone please tell me what scripts I have to alter to make the object tagged Exploder to work?

Thank's

33. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Hi. I still can't find, when does the sale on this end? Thanks

34. Andy_

Andy_

Sorry no, but we should do a check at some point, but can't say when. Off the top of my head, these are the assets that have managed to get to their systems to work with UFPS:

playmaker
    photon
    unistorm
    shooter ai
    rewired
    cinput

There are probably many more...

35. Andy_

Andy_

Hello JWdell,
    I found this post in our official forum , that may be of some help:
    GUI Texture on UFPS

36. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Thanks.

37. TonyLi

TonyLi

Just confirming what @longroadhwy wrote earlier - The Dialogue System for Unity does have extensive support for UFPS and UFPS Mobile. Several developers use it for saving and loading games, managing quests, and of course adding barks and branching conversations.

(Adventure Creator works with UFPS, too, if you're starting a list.)

38. JWdell

JWdell

I checked that out, not what I'm looking for. I know how to make GUITexture's work with UFPS, had to add GUILayer to the camera.

That's not my issue, my issue is the weapons always draw on top of any GUITexture I show. I'm looking for how to have GUITexture appear over top of the weapons. I tried adding GUILayer to the weapon camera too and still the same effect.

This is a sorting issue. I need to draw the GUITexture's on top of the weapons.

39. Andy_

Andy_

Have you tried changing the depth parameter on Unity's camera component on the weapon camera in UFPS?

40. Ninja Teleporter

Ninja Teleporter

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. public class Health : MonoBehaviour {
    6.     public UISprite bar;
    7.     public UILabel label;
    8.     public GameObject FPS_Player;//UFPS Player
    9.     private vp_FPPlayerEventHandler m_Player = null;//UFPS Event Handler for Player
    10.     private float m_MaxHealth = 0;
    12.     void Start()
    13.     {
    14.         if (this.bar == null)
    15.             this.bar = this.GetComponent<UISprite>();
    17.         if (this.label == null)
    18.             this.label = this.GetComponentInChildren<UILabel>();
    19.     }
    21.     void OnEnable()
    22.     {
    23.         if (this.bar != null)
    24.             this.StartCoroutine("Progress");
    26.         if (m_Player != null)
    27.             m_Player.Register(this);
    28.     }
    30.     protected virtual void OnDisable()
    31.     {
    33.         if (m_Player != null)
    34.             m_Player.Unregister(this);
    36.     }
    38.     void Awake()
    39.     {
    40.         m_Player = FPS_Player.transform.GetComponent<vp_FPPlayerEventHandler>();
    41.     }
    43.     private IEnumerator Progress()
    44.     {
    45.         m_MaxHealth = m_Player.Health.Get();
    46.         Debug.Log (m_MaxHealth);
    47.         float startTime = Time.time;
    49.         this.bar.fillAmount = startTime;
    51.         if (this.label != null)
    52.             this.label.text = (this.bar.fillAmount * 100).ToString("0") + "%";
    54.         yield return 0;
    55.         this.StartCoroutine("Progress");
    56.     }
    57. }
    Here is my code on Debug I recieve:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Health+<Progress>c__Iterator7.MoveNext () (at Assets/Health.cs:45)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(String)
    Health:OnEnable() (at Assets/Health.cs:24)

Line 45: m_MaxHealth = m_Player.Health.Get();

41. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

@Ninja Teleporter

I think that piece moved to the damage handler in the newest version. vp_FPPlayerDamageHandler. and it would be something like m_MaxHealth = m_Player.MaxHealth;
    I think there's a m_Player.CurrentHealth too

Also, you should really use the UFPS forums instead of here.
    http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/

42. Chutchai

Chutchai

how i can change body of model?

43. Ninja Teleporter

Ninja Teleporter

Thanks you very much :)

99thmonkey likes this.
  44. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

hi im getting an issue when i shoot my enemy tagged as Enemy and layer set to Enemy usually this works with most kits, the blood effect does not work, but it leaves a bullet hole in my capsule collider instead of a blood splatter effect.

45. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

@aquilinajake: The vp_HitscanBullet component has a setting "NoDecalOnTheseLayers" that will allow you to disable the decal on your enemy. As for the blood effect, hard to tell. Depends how you are spawning it. You will probably be able to find discussions about this in the official UFPS forum.

46. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Into parkour / wallrunning? The excellent UFPS add-on acParkour is currently on a 24-hour sale in the Asset Store.

Get it while you can! :)

47. paulojsam

paulojsam

when i hit with the mace i see a trail of balls that remain on the screen, what is going on

48. MangeyD

MangeyD

Hi I have a question about Oculus Rift support.

I read the post from July 2013 (page 40)... but it seems to be outdated as there is now a Camera Rig and no Camera Controller and it doesn't have a follow orientation option so whilst I am almost there it is still not quite right. Is there an updated post that you can point me towards or can you outline the steps again for using the latest OVR SDK with UFPS.

Thanks

49. MangeyD

MangeyD

After playing with the location of the Camera rig I have something that works pretty passably but it still has some issues. Just using it with the demo scenes at the moment but it has loads of promise. Best go and make some custome scenes to try it in

50. AGaming

AGaming

UFPS Mobile iOS IL2CPP error!

After assembling applications for 64-bit, the game provides just such an error.
    (Filename: currently not available on il2cpp Line: 4294967295)

NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
    at vp_FPCamera.Update3rdPerson () [0x00000] in :0
    at Replacements.Attribute.CheckParameters (System.Object element, System.Type attributeType) [0x00000] in :0
    How to fix it? After all, without the support of 64 bit in the App Store will not miss the game. In this case, if you collect a Mono (2.x), everything works fine.

NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
    at vp_FPController.UpdateJumpForceFree () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at vp_FPController.UpdateJump () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at vp_FPController.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Replacements.Attribute.CheckParameters (System.Object element, System.Type attributeType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at vp_NGUISimpleHUDMobile.OnMessage_HUDText (System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Replacements.Attribute.CheckParameters (System.Object element, System.Type attributeType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at vp_FPPlayerDamageHandler.Damage (Single damage) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at vp_FPController.UpdateCollisions () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at vp_FPInput.InputInteract () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at vp_UIContextualControls.TweenColor (.vp_UIContextualControl button, Boolean active) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at vp_UISway.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at vp_UICrosshair.EnemyCheck () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at vp_UITouchController.<TouchesBegan>m__65 (RaycastHit hit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at vp_FPInteractManager.CanStart_Interact () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at vp_FPController.UpdateJumpForceFree () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at vp_FPController.UpdateJump () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at vp_FPController.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.