Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UFPS : Ultimate FPS [ RELEASED ]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VisionPunk, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

@RandAIThor: Yeah they should be ignored. These are just import errors of the provided example animations. See the release notes for detailed info on this (there are a few other things you will want to know before updating).

In fact, this thread is not our official support forum :). It's good that you asked. We created a separate forum after feedback from users in this thread who found it hard to search and navigate. For more info on how to get support, please see this post.

By the way, several people have asked about docs for this release. Quick tutorials will be up tomorrow. Until then please study the Hero player hierarchy in the DemoScene3 and SkyCity maps. One thing is your player model needs to have one material for the head, one for the arms and one for the rest of the body. See the comments in the vp_BodyAnimator and vp_FPBodyAnimator scripts and the player setup in the scenes. Animations should be compatible as long as they work with mecanim and can be split into upper and lower body using a body mask. Documentation will be on the backburner for this release unfortunately since we are pushing to get multiplayer out asap. Not ideal, I know :/ and sorry for any confusion in the meantime.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Venged

Venged

I bought your asset ages ago. Thanks for adding the TPS support. I am most certain now that this is the asset that I want to build on for my TPS/FPS Action RPG project.
    Great job!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  3. paulojsam

paulojsam

what is the unity version the new UFPS requires

4. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

5. sowatnow

sowatnow

Great thank you, been waiting for this for a long time.

6. ZJP

ZJP

Nice release, but, always build with the Character Controller (i mean not with a capsule collider?)?
    If yes, does not works arround a planet :(

7. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

Hello friends how to resolve these errors

Assets/UFPS/AI/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Combat/vp_AIShooter.cs(91,86): error CS0103: The name `m_OperatorTransform' does not exist in the current contexto

Assets/UFPS/AI/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Combat/vp_AIShooter.cs(91,56): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate(UnityEngine.Object, UnityEngine.Vector3, UnityEngine.Quaternion)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/UFPS/AI/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Combat/vp_AIShooter.cs(91,56): error CS1503: Argument `#2' cannot convert `object' expression to type `UnityEngine.Vector3

!IsPlayingOrAllowExecuteInEditMode ()

and this on Mobile

Assets/UFPS/Mobile/Base/Scripts/Core/Editor/Menu/vp_MobileMenu.cs(26,24): error CS1061: Type `Camera' does not contain a definition for `cullingMask' and no extension method `cullingMask' of type `Camera' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

8. bocs

bocs

Clean Projects (tested 4.5.4.p3 and 4.6.0b20)
    *seems like a unity bug, but crashes Unity on import, something with TimeManager.asset
    *restart and it finishes importing so not a big deal

SkyCity demo has some issues
    *_GroupContainer?

9. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

@sowatnow: Np, me too ;).

@ZJP: Yeah, that's a tough nut to crack with the CharacterController. There has been lots of brainstorming for Super Mario Galaxy-like solutions for UFPS. Here is one post discussing possible solutions that you may find interesting.

@Pauloxande: Unfortunately, the AI-add on for UFPS was put on hold four months ago and is not supported in UFPS 1.4.8. If you want to keep using that add-on then do not update (!). Very sorry for any inconvenience. More info can be found here and here. But see the 1.4.8 release notes for detailed info about what may be causing errors and warnings in the AI Add-on.

For mobile, did you update mobile to the latest version? We made a mobile update yesterday to make it compatible with UFPS 1.4.8, however keep in mind that the body systems are not supported on mobile or VR platforms (too heavy and too shaky, respectively).

@bocs: Yeah, the "_GroupContainer" and "!IsPlayingOrAllowExecuteInEditMode" warnings are issues that we have actually requested help from the community with since we haven't been able to figure them out yet (see bottom of the 1.4.8 release notes post). Any help getting to the root of these would be hugely appreciated!

10. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

you guys are creating a new kind of AI?
    Mecanim can use because it is easier to use animations

11. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

We're still discussing what to do for AI but I'm hoping to share more info about it in the next month. UFPS will be using Mecanim for all characters moving forward.

12. derkoi

derkoi

Hey guys, I sent you an email regarding UFPS and the PS4. Not sure if you received it.

13. magique

magique

I've recently purchased this and I love how it works on my PC development station. However, it completely bombs when it tries to run on the Wii U dev system. Is there anyone on your team that has Wii U developer access that can hop on the NIntendo dev forums and help with this issue?

14. OP3NGL

OP3NGL

will there be a 1.4.8 demo?

15. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

is there any where we can find Documentation for this ?? i would liek to add my own weapons to the new player as well as change it to my own player's

16. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

here is a script i found (Java script)

#pragma strict

var texScope: Texture; // drag the scope image here
    var scopeCam: Camera; // drag the scope camera here
    var rCamera = Rect(0, 0, 196, 196);
    var rScope = Rect(0, 0, 800, 800);
    var enableAim: boolean = false; // set enableAim to true to aim

function OnGUI(){
    if (enableAim){
    rCamera.x = (Screen.width - rCamera.width)/2; // center rCamera
    rCamera.y = (Screen.height - rCamera.height)/2;
    rScope.x = (Screen.width - rScope.width)/2; // center rScope
    rScope.y = (Screen.height - rScope.height)/2;
    scopeCam.pixelRect = rCamera;
    scopeCam.enabled = true;
    GUI.DrawTexture(rScope, texScope, ScaleMode.ScaleToFit, true, 0);
    }
    else {
    scopeCam.enabled = false;
    }
    }

function Update(){
    enableAim = Input.GetMouseButton(1); // aim while the right mouse button is pressed
    }

17. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

UPFS148_import_error.JPG

In the UFPS 1.48 I am getting this import error.

test setup:
    Win 8.1 PRO
    Unity 4.5.4 PRO
    UFPS 1.4.8

Steps to reproduce:
    (1) Start Unity 4.5.4
    (2) Create a New Project and select only UFPS 1.4.8 for importing.

This is the error I am getting:

ImportFBX Errors:
    Unsupported wedge mapping mode type. Please report this bug.

18. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

@derkoi, @magique: At this time UFPS only supports the Windows and OS X target platforms. The mobile add-on supports iOS and Android without player bodies (though it does not support Windows 8 Phone). If UFPS works on any other platform it's a "happy accident", I'm afraid. That said, people have managed to port / build it to all sorts of platforms. Search the UFPS forum for your platform and you may find clues. For more details about compatibility, please see the release notes and this FAQ post.

@OP3NGL: Although we are thinking about dropping webplayers very soon, at time of writing there is still a webplayer up for 1.4.8, here.

@aquilinajake: A very extensive (100+ pages) manual is available here. Also, the UFPS forum contains a wealth of information about different topics (especially see the posts marked "Info" for complementary documentation). Please note that documentation for the new features in v1.4.8 is not yet ready but there is some info about the body system in this post. Last but not least, as always there is a lot of nitty gritty details about all the new features in the release notes.

@DGordon: I may have answered you before, can't remember =) but we created a separate searchable full UFPS forum by request from users in this thread who felt the same thing as you (63 pages of this thread being hard to search). You can find it here.

@longroadhwy: Thanks for reporting. This is an import warning from one of the animations provided for prototype reasons. For more information about all these animation-related warnings, see the bottom, of the 1.4.8 release notes post. But to sum it up: they are harmless and can all be disregarded for now.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  19. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Quick headsup that UFPS is currently on a 24 HOUR SALE (50% OFF) (at $47.5).
    If you haven't already, this is a great opportunity to get it from the VisionPunk store or Asset Store.

NOTE: Since the price was so recently increased, if you bought UFPS just before the sale for $95, please get in touch and we will sort it out.

20. magique

magique

I sent an e-mail to support a couple of days ago and have not heard back. I bought UFPS one version ago and it won't work on Wii U. I need to see if it's possible to get an earlier version, which others have said works with Wii U. Did you get my e-mail?

21. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

@magique: Yeah, sorry. It's been the busiest week for me in recorded history :). Getting a backversion is no problem, let me get back to you tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!

22. magique

magique

23. eliteslayer

eliteslayer

I love the new update so far, Ive been working with UFPS for a long time and finally there was a body added to the player and the new weapons look amazing, great work on the map and all the new features for this major update. However i wish there would have been a grenade system included, g for grenade throwing and 4 for flash bangs and and a melee system for "e" for a knife and not have a melee as a weapon alone. I hope to see these features in a future update (Real time physics and destructible map like in BF4 if possible) but other than that Great Amazing update and cant wait to get started.

VisionPunk likes this.
  24. Smartline-Games

Smartline-Games

@ VisionPunk

Just wow!! I thought to search on the asset store for fps-assets, but suddenly this update was unpredictable.
    I never thought there was going to be a huge update.

Conclusion: You made a good impression.

P.S. Is the Sky City demo included when buying? (Just curious) :cool:

VisionPunk likes this.
  25. davbar9

davbar9

Hi!! I see your webplayer. How to do this? I have UFPS and cInput purchased. How i can do it?

26. topofsteel

topofsteel

How can I free the cursor on pause?

27. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

@topofsteel: Try getting a reference to the player's vp_FPInput component and set its MouseCursorForced property to true. This will enabled the mouse cursor all over the screen and disable firing.

28. BHS

BHS

I used the UFPS Input Manager to change the controls to Joystick (I do have a controller working with Unity) and now every time I start the scene, or click the Input Manager, it causes Unity to crash. I seem to be stuck and cannot switch it back to the Keyboard setting. Do you know how I can fix this? I really hope there is a fix, or a workaround, for this.

I am using UFPS version 1.4.6 with Unity version 4.3.3.

29. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

@BHS: Sorry for the trouble :/. Since 1.4.6 is a bit old I suspect this issue might need a little back-and-forth with error logs and so on. Please email us at support so we can get a support ticket going and investigate this closer. Here is more info.

30. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Yeah, it is included :). Scroll down in the Asset Store description for a list + screenshots of most features.

31. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

I know the cInput2 guys are preparing a free UFPS bridge as we speak. Not sure how far along they are but it should be ready soon, I think.

davbar9 likes this.
  32. BHS

BHS

Thanks, but I found the problem and a solution for it.

Somehow the error I encountered caused the vp_Input prefab gameObject to loose its vp_Input script. I tried to add it to the original vp_Input prefab gameObject, but it wouldn't work. So, I deleted the original vp_Input prefab gameObject, created a new one with the same name, and was able to add the vp_Input script allowing the vp_InputWindow script to access it.

33. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

@BHS: Thanks for the info! Glad you sorted it out.

34. hamyshank

hamyshank

@VisionPunk Thanks for the update, the Third Person stuff is looking good so far. Good luck in future development.

I too would like to see a root motion type controller over the Unity controller, just my personal preference.

I've tried other assets using the Unity controller and my biggest complaint was it felt like you were sliding around all the time. But your asset feels more reactive giving you the friction needed for more precise movement while still retaining a natural spring / bounce.

Games like Arma, GTA:SA are great 3rd person shooters

I like the Sky City scene, out of curiousity how many lights does it have?

35. jeremypagden

jeremypagden

I bought UFPS ages ago - but owing to work commitments have not had a chance to check it out - until now. It's truly awesome - thanks and well done.
    I have one small problem at the moment - I don't know how to get my weapon to 'look down the sight' or to 'zoom' when I click the right mouse button. It works in the demo scenes, but in my test scene the right mouse button does nothing. I've looked high and low through the manual, faqs and the example scenes but simply cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong.
    Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

36. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

37. magique

magique

I'm using 1.4.6 and when I boosted the quality settings on my builds I noticed I can see the shadow of the first person model and weapon. That obviously looks pretty bad with the shadow of a floating disembodied arm so I'm trying to figure out where to turn off shadow casting. I can't seem to find where to switch that off. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

38. HolBol

HolBol

Switch it off on the weapon's mesh renderer.

39. magique

magique

Thanks. I didn't realize I needed to go down to the prefab level and access it there. For some reason I was thinking it would be visible in an editor setting. I'm still learning all things Unity.

40. Janith

Janith

Hey guys My Pain is not working any ideas ?

41. Andy_

Andy_

Hi Jeremy,
    Do you have a zoom state on your gun? Have you tried turning on the zoom state through the inspector while running the game in the editor? How does you setup look like? You may need to look through the chapter in the manual about states and presets again: Presets

42. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

It's been some time when is the eta for the multiplayer?

43. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

Hello Vision Punk been waiting patiantly for those tutorials and doc's any eta on them?

44. XRA

XRA

*EDIT* I fixed it, don't think it was UFPS related but definitely strange, something I was doing with splitting/combining meshes was causing it since the same mesh I was modifying for the MeshFilter was being used as the MeshCollider. I made sure to keep the originals on the MeshCollider and that fixed it.

Got a weird bug I'm trying to resolve, on a certain piece of geometry (mesh collider) my UFPS player looks like it thinks it is falling and hitting the ground repeatedly anytime I walk.
    The camera keeps doing the elastic. drop down and then back up thing with a bit of Roll like you'd see when falling from a large height.
    It only happens in the built project, not in editor. I'm guessing it is to do with the mesh collider the player is moving on, but not really sure what to look for, especially since it works fine in-editor.

Any ideas? I know it's not much to go off of.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  45. magique

magique

I'm getting ready to try adding a custom weapon, but I'm not quite sure what the procedure is. In the FAQ it says

"Just drag the model into the FPSCamera hierarchy in a couple of easy steps"

But in the included weapon prefabs, the weapons are not just weapons, but the arms and hands as well. Or am I mistaken here? I mean, is it possible to just take say a different gun model and have it work with the existing arms/hands? If I drag a gun model into the camera hierarchy is it going to suddenly have arms and hands as well? I not a 3D modeler and I have no experience in making first person weapons, etc. But I do have some 3D gun models that I'd like to use without having to become a modeling/animation expert.

46. Hrothvitnir

Hrothvitnir

I'm working on the same thing at the moment. My understanding is that you need to model, rig and animate a set of arms with each weapon you intend to use (The arms should be parented to the weapon if I understand correctly). Then drag it under the camera. You don't need first person "aiming" animations, just things like reloading, etc. Aiming is taken care of just by aligning the gun to the camera in first person and parenting it to the camera (the gun will then rotate with the camera).
    --------
    I'd like to make note this method is a serious PitA when you have multiple player characters with ~10 outfits/armors that each require different arms, and ~100 weapon combos.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  47. magique

magique

That's what I think as well, but the docs are misleading then when it says to just drag a weapon to the camera hierarchy. A weapon to me is not arms and hands. I do have some limited modeling capability. I suppose I could try loading up the pistol model into Lightwave and replace the pistol with my flintlock. I might be able to get it to work.

48. topofsteel

topofsteel

vp_Grab - grabstate?

Is there a grabstate bool I can use to check if the player is carrying anything? Looks like I could add one in StartGrab(), but I thought i'd check and see if I missed anything. Also, where would I change the release to onMouseUp instead of down. Lastly, the interact type set to Collision Trigger does not seen to work the same way it does with ladders. I still need to hit the interact button to grab something. I would like it to work so the player picks up the object by walking into it. Can I change this? Thank you.

49. Andy_

Andy_

Hi aquilinajake,
    The manual is updated now for 1.4.8, check it out here:
    http://visionpunk.com/hub/assets/ufps/manual

50. Andy_

Andy_

Hi topofsteel,
    if you want to pickup something by just walking into it, you could try use UFPS pickup system instead

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.