Search Unity

UFPS : Ultimate FPS [ RELEASED ]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VisionPunk, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

A simple solution here, on the official forum: http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/4369/#Comment_4369

2. Vym

Vym

Hey. So I want to print somthing when The Player moves. This is a crosshair script so it will be on the gun object, and not the Player.This might be a problem because i dont know how long it will take for this script to go to the handler and ask it if we are moving.
    Here is the code Ive been using:

Code (CSharp):
    2.     public Vector3 m_LastPosition;
    3.     public Vector3 m_NewPosition;
    4.     public bool m_Moving = false;
    6.     private vp_FPPlayerEventHandler m_Player_Handler = null;
    9.         void Awake ()
    10.     {
    11.         m_Player_Handler =  transform.root.gameObject.GetComponentInChildren<vp_FPPlayerEventHandler>();
    12.     }
    14.     void Start ()
    15.     {
    16.         m_LastPosition = m_Player_Handler.transform.position;
    17.     }
    19.     void Update ()
    20.     {
    21.         m_NewPosition = m_Player_Handler.transform.position;
    22.         if (m_NewPosition != m_LastPosition) {
    23.             Debug.Log ("Player Moving, Increasing Spread");
    24.             m_Moving = true;
    25.             m_LastPosition = m_Player_Handler.transform.position;
    26.         } else {
    27.             m_Moving = false;
    28.             Debug.Log("Player Not Moving");
    29.                 }
    30.             }
    It works.. but when I stop moving, It prints for about 30-40 more frames. How can i get this to stop printing right after i stop moving??

3. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

It shouldn't print for just 30-40 fames, it should print forever (and it probably is ... clear the display window while the game is running ... after 999 messages, it all starts to look the same .. ha!)! Why mess with the event handler, and not just find the player game object ... but that's okay ... if you want to use it for other things in that same script.

4. Vym

Vym

What I mean is that it prints forever. But when I stop moving it takes 30-40 frames to switch m_Moving to false again. Why is that?

5. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Hi, and awesome work! ;) for unity free users out there, why not have this work with my IndieEffects pack too? :D or are all features in this pro-only? o_O

Anyway, keep it up! almost reminds me of Unreal Engine visuals... :)

6. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

You know, I do not know the answer to that, but I think it is just something that we may be seeing in the development environment ... there is certainly a lot of overhead and things being "computed" that may be slowing down the Debug.Log stuff ... I don't know what the priority of stuff is inside the environment.

Because your question was so interesting, I have taken the liberty of looking at it from another direction ... I hope that you don't mind and that perhaps it will lead you to a solution to your underlying problem. This DEFINATELY causes stuff to print continuously, but the switching delay does not seem so bad to me (but, again, that could just be a flaw in the observer. ha!) Good luck with your game!
    Code (CSharp):
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. using System.Collections;
    5. public class bsn_Am_I_Moving : MonoBehaviour {
    7.    public Vector3 m_LastPosition;
    8.    public Vector3 m_NewPosition;
    9.    public bool m_Moving = false;
    10.    private vp_FPPlayerEventHandler m_Player_Handler = null;
    12.     void Awake ()
    14.     {
    15.         m_Player_Handler =  transform.root.gameObject.GetComponentInChildren<vp_FPPlayerEventHandler>();
    16.     }
    18.     void Start ()
    19.     {
    20.         m_LastPosition = m_Player_Handler.transform.position;
    21.     }
    24.     protected virtual void OnEnable()
    25.     {
    26.         if (m_Player_Handler != null)
    27.             m_Player_Handler.Register(this);
    28.     }
    31.     protected virtual void OnDisable()
    32.     {
    33.         if (m_Player_Handler != null)
    34.             m_Player_Handler.Unregister(this);
    35.     }
    40.    void Update ()
    41.     {
    43.         m_NewPosition = m_Player_Handler.transform.position;
    45.         if (m_NewPosition != m_LastPosition)
    46.         {
    47.           m_Moving = true;
    48.           m_LastPosition = m_Player_Handler.transform.position;
    50.         }
    51.         else
    52.         {
    53.          m_Moving = false;
    55.          }
    56.     }
    58.     protected virtual void OnMessage_Move(Vector3 direction)
    59.     {
    60.         if (!m_Moving)
    61.         {
    62.             Debug.Log("Player Not Moving");
    63.         }
    64.         if (m_Moving)
    65.         {
    66.             Debug.Log ("Player Moving, Increasing Spread");
    67.         }
    68.     }
    70. }

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    Vym likes this.
  7. OP3NGL

OP3NGL

say.... how to incorporate this with jumppads (as in unreal tournament) with the built in moving platforms?

8. Vym

Vym

No. It can't be the debug having a delay because I also tried drawing something on the screen and the same effect happens.

9. Andy_

Andy_

Hi SeanPollman,
    We really hope that there won't be any major issues. Maybe a few medium issues may occur and some minor ones...this is wild guess, but we will be doing our best to make it stable.

10. BHS

BHS

11. Vym

Vym

@BrandSpankingNew, Your code had the same effect as before. (where when u stopped the variable isMoving would be true for a couple of seconds. Here is a web demo to see what i mean. The GUI is very finicky(its like a bad bulb) because the isMoving variable is also finicky. The code I am using is:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. public class bsn_Am_I_Moving : MonoBehaviour {
    6.     public Vector3 m_LastPosition;
    7.     public Vector3 m_NewPosition;
    8.     public bool m_Moving = false;
    9.     public GUIText m_GUIMoving;
    10.     private vp_FPPlayerEventHandler m_Player_Handler = null;
    12.     void Awake ()
    14.     {
    15.         m_Player_Handler =  transform.root.gameObject.GetComponentInChildren<vp_FPPlayerEventHandler>();
    16.     }
    18.     void Start ()
    19.     {
    20.         m_LastPosition = m_Player_Handler.transform.position;
    21.     }
    24.     protected virtual void OnEnable()
    25.     {
    26.         if (m_Player_Handler != null)
    27.             m_Player_Handler.Register(this);
    28.     }
    31.     protected virtual void OnDisable()
    32.     {
    33.         if (m_Player_Handler != null)
    34.             m_Player_Handler.Unregister(this);
    35.     }
    40.     void Update ()
    41.     {
    42.         m_NewPosition = m_Player_Handler.transform.position;
    44.         if (m_NewPosition != m_LastPosition)
    45.         {
    46.             m_Moving = true;
    47.             m_LastPosition = m_Player_Handler.transform.position;
    49.         }
    50.         else
    51.         {
    52.             m_Moving = false;
    54.         }
    55.     }
    57.     protected virtual void OnMessage_Move(Vector3 direction)
    58.     {
    59.         if (!m_Moving)
    60.         {
    61.             m_GUIMoving.enabled = false;
    62.         }
    63.         if (m_Moving)
    64.         {
    65.             m_GUIMoving.enabled = true;
    66.         }
    67.     }
    69. }
    How can I fix this? Also once someone reply's, I will take the demo down.

12. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

@Vym I simplified things again. I think that you will like the performance.

Code (CSharp):
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. using System.Collections;
    5. public class bsn_AmImoving : MonoBehaviour {
    7.    public bool m_Moving = false;
    8.     public Vector2 a_LastPosition;
    9.     public Vector2 a_NewPosition;
    11.    private vp_FPPlayerEventHandler m_Player_Handler = null;
    13.     void Awake ()
    14.     {
    16.     }
    18.     void Start ()
    19.     {
    20.         a_LastPosition = m_Player_Handler.InputMoveVector.Get();
    21.     }
    23.     protected virtual void OnEnable()
    24.     {
    25.         if (m_Player_Handler != null)
    26.             m_Player_Handler.Register(this);
    27.     }
    29.     protected virtual void OnDisable()
    30.     {
    31.         if (m_Player_Handler != null)
    32.             m_Player_Handler.Unregister(this);
    33.     }
    35.    void Update ()
    36.     {
    37.         a_NewPosition = m_Player_Handler.InputMoveVector.Get();
    38.         if (a_NewPosition != a_LastPosition)
    39.         {
    40.             m_Moving = true;
    41.             Debug.Log ("Player Moving, Increasing Spread");
    42.         }
    43.         else
    44.         {
    45.             m_Moving = false;
    46.             Debug.Log("Player Not Moving");
    47.         }
    48.     }
    49. }

13. LeftyTwoGuns

LeftyTwoGuns

I'm wondering how modular this asset is exactly

Would I be able to apply much of it to a fully rigged character model that's using IK? Not floating arms holding a gun, but a full character

Or, if I do go the floaty arms route, am I able to use all my own arm models and animations?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  14. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

Error: (Private Hart (vp_AIEventHandler)) does not support the type of 'm_StateTargets' in 'vp_AIStateEventHandler'.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object) why this error happens friends

15. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi Pauloxande, if this is the 'Private Hart' prefab from the Dialogue System example scene, it doesn't have any UFPS components. It's just a model with a legacy Animation component and some Dialogue System components to trigger a conversation.

The 'Private Hart' GameObject in the UFPS Support example scene has an FP Interactable Dialogue script, which is a subclass of UFPS's vp_Interactable script that allows UFPS interaction to trigger conversations. Other than that, it doesn't have any other UFPS components.

The 'Private Hart' GameObject in the UFPS AI-Addon Support example scene has an FP AI Interactable Dialogue script instead of FP Interactable Dialogue. This script communicates with vp_AIEventHandler to do the following:
    • Check the value of (Attacking.Active || Alerted.Active || Attack.Active || Dead.Active).
    • Set Roaming.Active, and set all other states to Stop().
    • Send an OnDisable message when starting a conversation and OnEnable when ending a conversation.
    I also see that cameronFinn on the VisionPunk forum reported the same error without the Dialogue System, so this is probably a setup issue with your character or spawner. Make sure you've set it up exactly like the AI Soldier prefab. Once you've confirmed that this is working in UFPS, then add the FP AI Interactable Dialogue script.

The FPAIInteractable script in the Dialogue System is based on the version of the AI-Addon Beta that I downloaded from the Asset Store before it was removed. I don't know if it's the latest version or not, and I don't know how to check the version. There isn't any version information in the Readme or anywhere else in the package. If there's a later version of the AI-Addon Beta that introduced changes, it's possible that the Dialogue System script needs to be updated.

I'm providing this information to help narrow down the issue for anyone who might be providing help to Pauloxande. It might help to rule out (or not) the Dialogue System script.

16. LNMRae

LNMRae

Hi, there. I bought the system a while back and have just now started to use it. This might be a matter of not understanding the settings yet, but I notice that when I walk up stairs using the system it seems very 'jerky.' I noticed one of the updates had a slope anti-bump, but for the life of me I can't find it. I'm wondering if this has been renamed to something else or was it removed or is there another setting that can smooth it out? Been going over the manual and messing with things, but haven't had any luck.

Thanks!

17. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Perhaps adjusting the step offset on the character controller will help. Stairs are kind of "jerky" though and what most folks do, I think, is to place an invisible ramp wherever there are stairs. It's just easier and then you can make the depth of the steps suit the environment without worrying about whether the player will actually be able to "step" up.

18. Andy_

Andy_

Hi LeftyTwoGuns,
    We are working on a new character system that will be included in the next version of UFPS. It's not using IK though. The next version 1.4.8 will probably be out in a month or so.

Here is a link to our roadmap: http://bit.ly/1qX7myO

19. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

Hello Tony the UFPS works with the "APEX Path"
    because I have the apex and was wondering if the AI UFPS work together. Has some demo
    Thanks

20. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi Pauloxande, the Dialogue System won't get in the way, but I don't know if the AI-Addon and Apex Path play well together.

21. FisherM

FisherM

Hey, I'm working on a full body system for UFPS, I have the FPSCamera separate to the model and the model is simply animated and then I use final IK to make the character hold onto the weapon, I also delete the weapon camera and make sure the mesh is on the same layer so that other players can reliably see each others weapon across (photon) multiplayer.

However I have an issue!

I could use final IK to make the character's head attach to the camera but that presents an issue, I want to run animations on that character's head and have the camera move, I also want to have the character rotate at the hip joint to make the character look up and down. So I want to attach the camera to the head joint of the character, but the camera moves it's self into a very odd position. Also I need to adjust the mouse look in ufps so that it rotates the hip object when moving the mouse in the Y axis but I'm not sure where to start looking.

Where in the ufps does it apply the mouselook in the Y axis?
    Why is it causing this issue when I attach the camera object to the head object? (I've tried adjusting the position and rotation spring on the FPSCamera, but I still can't quite get it working neatly the head of the character is always tilted to 90`

22. bac9-flcl

bac9-flcl

First of all, here are some illustrations of a scene I'm encountering an issue with.

http://gfycat.com/PastFantasticIslandwhistler
    http://gfycat.com/DangerousDentalKrill

It's an infinite looping tunnel that works using reattachment of segments from top to bottom, using shifting of all segments with the player parented to them to prevent world space drift and loss of precision, and using rotation reset around the central segment to give illusion of gravity vector following the path of the infinite tunnel no matter the actual turn geometry.

There is a huge problem I'm encountering when I try to navigate this environment using a UFPS character controller, though. The animations above were recorded using a camera with an attached rigidbody. A GameObject like that perfectly abides all parent-mandated rotations keeping it's relative local orientation completely static, thus making all transitions seamless and unnoticeable from inside of the tunnel.

UFPS seems to enforce use of world-space rotations which makes the player parented to a certain tunnel section fail to keep proper local rotation an empty GameObject would. This leads to the player camera getting wrong Y rotation if the tunnel assembly was turned around that axis as it was moved back into upright orientation. I have managed to work around that issue by inheriting Y rotation from the previous orientation of the tunnel, but one very jarring issue still remains: UFPS character instantly aligns it's rotation with the gravity vector, thus revealing every single point of tunnel reassembly that otherwise would've been unnoticeable. Here is the animation illustrating the effect:

http://gfycat.com/HonestForcefulAmericancrow

This is caused by GameObject hosting the character components instantly aligning itself with the Y-up (gravity) vector. To be honest I'm not sure how to fix that, as I see no place in FPCamera and FPController code that has an effect on this particular rotation.

How can I make this alignment non-instant? Maybe it's possible to decouple the character into several objects, with the cameras being attached to gravity affected body with a spring delaying this particular rotation? Or maybe I'm missing some obvious place in the code where I can rewrite this transition directly? Or maybe there is some good workaround like overriding camera transform to cancel out the unwanted rotation?

Any help appreciated.

23. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Quick update: UFPS Multiplayer is getting demoed at the Photon Booth at Unite 2014. Gabriel of ProCore3D has posted a screenshot.

Sparrow96 and 99thmonkey like this.
  24. Sparrow96

Sparrow96

Ooooo can't wait :)

25. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

If you are at Unite, drop by the Photon booth at Noon to 2pm to try the multiplayer FPS demo, live.

26. LeftyTwoGuns

LeftyTwoGuns

Went a head at got it, great asset. Really like it

One question: I see it has its own object pool. Are the various projectile effects (I.E bullet shells, bullet holes, etc.) on the SimplePlayer and AdvancedPlayer prefabs already using this object pool?

27. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

Oculus Rift question,sorry if this has been covered...
    I set up my DK2 rift as instructed, works well except for one aspect. When I rotate my chair or turn my body, my UFPS player doesn't rotate. So now whn I push to go forward I slide sideways. Is there a way to connect the UFPS Advanced player to the Oculus camera rotation? I know I can also reset the camera, but thats not ideal.
    Thanks!

28. MLow

MLow

Sorry if this has been asked before. However I'm trying myself and having nothing but problems.

I am trying to make a couple throwable weapons. For instance, one type which is small like a throwing star, and one type which is large, such as a spear. The small one is doable, I can make the hands and star appear in the hands and play an animation and spawn the star projectile. However I would like to "un-equip" the "star weapon" when you are out of stars. The large one however seems more difficult. You can only carry one at a time and using the same method as above does not produce a good effect. Same problem about "running out of ammo". Since the weapon *is* the ammo in this case I think it's prudent to make a new weapon system/type that can handle this behavior.

Unfortunately I am unsure of how to do this.

29. Andy_

Andy_

Hi LefttTwoGuns,

As long as you have a pool manager in the scene, then it should handle everything that is spawned and destroyed using vp_utility .destroy vp_utility. instantiate

Here is a link to the chapter about the pool manager in the mobile manual: Pool Manager
    (We will add this to our main UFPS manual also)
    Thanks!

30. LeftyTwoGuns

LeftyTwoGuns

That's really great. I wish I knew UFPS had that before I spent a week trying to make my own pool manager lol

31. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

I will take a shot at the "inventory" part of your question ...
    It seems to me that you would handle the small stars just as though they are ammo. I would think of an invisible weapon that is shooting the stars as ammo. That way, one could set up the weapon properly under the Camera, place it into the inventory, and store it's "ammo" there also. That would be hassle free and the stars would take care of depleting themselves, or you could do it manually using the player event handler and by calling DepleteAmmo.Try() after each toss...but that's counterproductive in that scenario.

If you don't like that, then just treat each star as a stand-alone weapon, like a Mace or a Pistol and simply allow the ItemCaps to be a number of stars that you choose to be allowed to carry at any time. After each toss, remove the ItemRecord for that star and simply re-equip another star if it exists in inventory.
    Removing weapons from inventory is easy. I'll give you a link to some simple steps below.
    For the Spear, or any single use weapon like that, it is a simple matter of removing it from the ItemRecords after you throw it.
    Here is a link at the Official forum that covers what you need, I think. Read the top part.
    http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com...disable-weapons-unitbanks-through-a-script/p1

32. Andy_

Andy_

Hello HeadTrip,
    Check out these links in the official forum:
    Rotate player to match Oculus Rift
    Oculus Rift: Move in look direction

Hope this helps

33. DGordon

DGordon

Hey, I'm sorry if this has been asked before (and I'm sure it has), but I'm not sure how to properly search through 62 pages of this thread (feel free to let me know if theres a good way to do it). How do you set the zoom level of a weapon through script? I'm creating a system similar to Borderlands (weapons can have different damage, projects, etc), but I can't figure out what to call to change the zoom. Again, sorry if this should be obvious to me ... but I'm not looking in the right places apparently.

Thanks!,
    Dale

[Edit -- Hmm, nevermind. I found a youtube tutorial at
    showing how. Very easy ... got it set up within minutes after that :). Sorry!]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  34. derkoi

derkoi

Hi, I'm having trouble starting my character with a weapon put away.

Code (CSharp):
    1. weaponScript.Wield(false);
    Doesn't seem to do anything and my character is wielding the weapon when the game starts no matter what I try.

Thanks

35. Sparrow96

Sparrow96

In vp_FPWeaponHandler on your player, set starting weapon to 0 (nothing wielded)

36. L-Train

L-Train

Question on integrating UFPS with 3rd party arms and animations.
    Hi all - I wish there was an efficient means of searching this thread - but 60+ pages is a bit much. So apologies if this has been stated. I want to task an engineer to integrate 3rd party weapons, hands and animations to UFPS.
    (looking at this package - http://3drt.com/store/characters/modern-firearms-hd-vol.3.html)

We found the tutorials for custom weapons - but I'd like to know if it's possible to replace the entire chain. I haven't been able to find a good tutorial/example. Does anyone have any experience here - or should I look for other solutions.

-thx. Again story if this has been covered.

37. Andy_

Andy_

Hi L Train,
    Yes true this thread is really long and not very easy to navigate,
    We have created a searchable forum for UFPS related questions here: http://forum.visionpunk.com
    Usually you will get an answer quicker there.

We recommend you to wait for the next version of UFPS. 1.4.8 It will implement full body / third person animation.
    The new version will hopefully be out within two weeks

also check this out
    http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com...stock-weapon-model-with-animated-hands#latest

Hope this helps!

38. electroflame

electroflame

I'm curious if anyone has successfully inherited vp_FPController neatly. I just got it running, but it was way more work than I thought it would be, largely because:

1. You actually end up needing to create two custom classes just to get a custom inherited Controller (you need a custom Controller and Camera).
    2. You need to create a custom editor class for each inspector to render correctly (you can just directly inherit from the vp editor classes, though).
    3. It seems like you can't actually inherit the Camera properly. The camera assumes that you're using the vp_FPController, so if you're using a custom one, you pretty much have to copy the entire vp_FPCamera class into a new class. After a couple hours of head-to-desk, it seems that it's possible to override the Awake method and set the FPController to your derived type, which is much better than having to copy and maintain the whole Camera class between updates.
    4. All of your states have to be copied and changed, as the class name is built into the states.

Did I do something wrong, or is this the expected behavior?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  39. tripknotix

tripknotix

Heya VisionPunk, it would be great if we could get weekly updates to know a little closer to when the net update will be released, i will be starting a new project on the 1st of next month, I'd like to start with the new system using photon cloud, im just not sure if your going to have the networking addon at the same time as the UFPS Update.

You guys have been great about providing information lately, as i get closer to October, it would help out to know where you guys are at to pre plan my next steps.

40. Andy_

Andy_

Hi electroflame,
    Your process looks about right. We haven't had time to polish the modding aspect of those core classes for a while. It's something we should look into in the coming months.

41. Andy_

Andy_

Hi tripknotix,
    We are aiming to release UFPS 1.4.8 in September. The multiplayer add-on will follow after that, hopefully in October. Can't promise anything though.
    www.visionpunk.com/hub/assets/ufps/roadmap

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  42. kevdotbadger

kevdotbadger

Is there a reason why you picked Photon as the multiplayer solution? Seems that Bolt is becoming a vastly popular and far better solution. How hard will it be to port your code from Photon to Bolt?

43. tripknotix

tripknotix

Vision Punk,
    I am very much looking forward to the photon cloud add-on, Will version 1.4.8 atleast make it easier to manually add photon cloud support somewhat easier?

And will the mobile add-on be updated to work with 1.4.8 upon release? or will there be a wait for a compatible version?

44. Jenovah

Jenovah

Anybody ever run into an issue where the pistol will start firing like an automatic rifle, meaning if i click once to fire a single bullet, it ends up firing the entire clip automatically? If so any setting or fixes I should look into?

45. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

Sounds like you might be using Playmaker as well. Check the forum for Playmaker and UFPS.

46. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

UFPS 1.4.8 is now live in the Asset Store.

Five months in the making, UFPS 1.4.8 is a massive feature update pursuing animated player bodies in 1st and 3rd person. There is now "Full Body Awareness" when looking down, and a fun and very action-packed 3rd person view. 1.4.8 is also a big refactoring push with lots of house cleaning and brutal restructuring. There has been a big input overhaul where gameplay scripts no longer deal with input directly, making it easier to support different input schemes. But perhaps most importantly - there is now much cleaner separation between a local player vs. generic combat logic. At long last, UFPS can be extended to support multiplayer without massive changes ...

It should be mentioned that the "UFPS & Photon Cloud Multiplayer Starter Kit" which was demoed at Unite 2014 is not part of this release since it is a separate product (and our upcoming release).

IMPORTANT: This is a huge and breaking release, so please make sure to read the list of disclaimers and known issues before updating! Full release notes can be found HERE.

New features at a glance:

Body animator & full body awareness
    UFPS now has a Mecanim-based animator script, 'vp_FPBodyAnimator', for human characters that need to move around and use guns a lot! It is designed for use with the provided 'UFPSExampleAnimator' and can be used in 1st and 3rd person. The script assumes an upright player, logically divided into upper and lower body. There is special logic for head and arm materials (see the script comments). The upper body is manipulated using a quite elaborate headlook logic adapted to the UFPS event system and a new script that does hand-aiming and recoil. Lower body (legs and feet) rotates independently of the upper body (spine, arms and head). For example: the player can stand and look around quite widely without moving its feet.

3rd person view
    A new, basic third person view, initially designed for testing the body systems at runtime. While this works really well with camera-to-level collision and certainly opens the door to your own Tomb Raiders, Resident Evils and MMOs, it is far from glitch-free. Provided as-is, for animation testing purposes and as an example for those who may be interested in developing it further. Try it out by hitting the "V" key in DemoScene3!

Ragdoll handler
    The new script 'vp_RagdollHandler' handles initialization and death / respawn behavior of ragdoll physics on a player body hierarchy. Everything is automated and there is only one public property: 'VelocityMultiplier', which has the momentum of the player controller carry over into velocity on the ragdoll upon death. This can be quite fun and entertaining indeed.

New HD content
    • A beautiful demo level - 'Sky City' - designed for UFPS by the absolutely brilliant SixBySevenStudio (makers of ProCore3D / ProBuilder). Textures have been generously provided by GameTextures.com.
    • 3 animated high definition weapons: Pistol, Shotgun and Assault Rifle. (NOTE: These are not the same weapon packages previously sold separately, but re-worked or completely re-built models with lower polycounts and no special scripts).
    Sweeter HUD
    • vp_PainHUD: A new, quite cool directional damage indicator with fullscreen damage flash, blood spatter effect and support for unlimited damage arrows.
    • The vp_SimpleHUD, as rewritten for a multiplayer demo at Unite2014, sporting much nicer health and ammo display with sliding motions.
    Muzzleflash and shell eject spawnpoints
    There's now child spawnpoints for muzzleflash and shell eject position/direction, placed as children to the weapons in the editor for much better workflow (see the demo player hierarchy for an example. Muzzleflashes will show up at the "muzzle" node and pointing in the firing direction. Shells will spawn at the "Shell" nodes and get velocity in the forward vector of the node.

Input overhaul
    The whole mouselook implementation has been moved to the 'vp_FPInput' class. Input is now generally handled using the UFPS event model. This makes the system way more "input-method-agnostic" which we hope is a Good Thing.

Remote player wizard
    There is a new wizard, 'Generate 3rd Person Weapon Handler', that strips a first person player of all scripts that assume camera & input, and in any cases converts the "vp_FP" scripts to their "vp_" equivalents. The resulting gameobject can then be spawned in multiplayer to represent a player of the same type as the local player. This is intended as a starting point for adding AI or multiplayer features (in our own upcoming multiplayer adaptation we actually use this raw wizard output exactly as-is and apply any additional components needed for multiplayer at runtime).

Full release notes can be found HERE.

BigDaz, chelnok, John-G and 1 other person like this.
  47. Karearea

Karearea

Everyone loves proprioception!!

Cheers, excited to implement this.

VisionPunk likes this.
  48. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Also, the Mobile add-on has been updated for compatibility with UFPS 1.4.8 + some minor bugfixes.
    Releasenotes HERE.

49. RoTru

RoTru

Thank you! Freakin' exciting!

Can't wait to see the multiplayer asset

50. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

This is a great news :)

I just want to ask where you would give support now. Here or in your own forum or on both.
    Also i want to suggest at least for this forum a new threat (maybe with a link to this one) so we do not have to read thrue all this old posts.

My problem now with this new version is that i get 59 yellow errors and one red one in a fresh project on unity 4.6 beta 20.

This is the red one:
    ImportFBX Errors:
    Unsupported wedge mapping mode type. Please report this bug.

The yellow ones are mostly about the MuscleClip and i post only one here as a sample:
    MuscleClip 'IdleJump' conversion warning: 'Pelvis/Spine1' is between humanoid transforms and has rotation animation. This might lower retargeting quality.
    MuscleClip 'IdleJump' conversion warning: 'Pelvis/Spine1/Spine2/Spine3/RArmCollarbone/RArmUpper1/RArmUpper2/RArmForearm1/RArmForearm2' is between humanoid transforms and has rotation animation. This might lower retargeting quality.
    MuscleClip 'IdleJump' conversion warning: 'Pelvis/Spine1/Spine2/Spine3/LArmCollarbone/LArmUpper1/LArmUpper2/LArmForearm1/LArmForearm2' is between humanoid transforms and has rotation animation. This might lower retargeting quality.

So should i ignore them or .. ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.