Search Unity

UFPS : Ultimate FPS [ RELEASED ]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VisionPunk, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy_

Andy_

Hi Owyoow3,
    I haven't heard of this before in UFPS, but it seems others has had this problem in Unity. Check out these links:
    http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/160923/objects-disappear-after-building.html
    http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/237331/gameobjects-missing-when-using-build-run.html

2. Darkling420

Darkling420

I had that problem with an android build. Make sure all weapons are on Weapon layer and player and children (minus weapons and weapon cam) are on LocalPlayer layer.
    FPSCamera renders all but Weapon and WeaponCamer only renders Weapon
    In Unity Editor is makes a laer like unnamedlayer12 and puts the weapons and player on one but when built there is no layer created so the weapon camera is only rendering a non existent layer.

3. GameTech

GameTech

In this update the reload works even with no extra ammo, how do I get it to click and not reload like the old version?

4. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

@GameTech Does your player object have a vp_FPInventory component on it? If not, it has unlimited ammo. UFPS has a new inventory system. See the release notes for more info.

5. TheWilsonatorYT

TheWilsonatorYT

Hey,

I'm just wondering, when the multiplayer integration comes along, do you have a 'planned feature list' or something that would give an indication of what the multiplayer part of the system will do? Of course I can imagine that it'll sync up shooting and what-no between clients, but I just wonder what extent it'll go to?

I ask this because I've done some experiments with a multiplayer FPS with this, and I've got character movement and aiming set up really nicely with animations for different states, etc, I haven't yet toyed around with getting shooting integrated but have some ideas on how to do it. Basically I'm wondering whether I should carry on using my own integration or await the full version.. and also will this be Photon based or Unity Networking? Or will it support both?

Thanks!
    -Ben

6. Pacjonek

Pacjonek

Hi
    UFPS supports footstep sound for each textures but what with the water? Is there any quick method to add footstep sound for water?

7. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

Speaking of footsteps, is there a way to have a "default" set of footsteps that get played if there is no match for the texture?

8. TheWilsonatorYT

TheWilsonatorYT

Yeah, I've just done this.

Basically, open your vp_FootstepManager class and in the Footstep() method, change it to this:

Code (csharp):
    2.         // return if there no texture or surface type is found
    3.         if (m_Player.GroundTexture.Get() == null  m_Player.SurfaceType.Get() == null)
    4.         {
    5.             PlaySound(SurfaceTypes.Single(e => e.SurfaceName == "Default"));    
    6.         }
    8.         if(m_Player.SurfaceType.Get() != null)
    9.         {
    10.             PlaySound( SurfaceTypes[ m_Player.SurfaceType.Get().SurfaceID ] );
    11.             return;
    12.         }
    13.         else
    14.         {
    15.             PlaySound(SurfaceTypes.Single(e => e.SurfaceName == "Default"));               
    16.         }
    You need to make sure that you have a surface type named 'Default' and add all your default sounds into that one.

-Ben

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  9. TonyLi

TonyLi

Dialogue System for Unity users:

If you've updated to UFPS v1.4.7, make sure to update the Dialogue System to v1.2.3, which was just released. The UFPS and UFPS AI-Addon integration packages have been updated to accommodate the changes introduced in UFPS v1.4.7, such as changing from vp_SimpleInventory to vp_Inventory. Happy dialogue writing!

10. Andy_

Andy_

Hi Ben,

Our multiplayer implementation is solely based on Photon cloud.
    Check out this post in our forum for more info on features:
    and check out our road map here
    I think it's best you wait for our implementation. The base UFPS is in no way adapted to multiplayer. Changing the architecture to work for multiplayer is a major task, that we are currently working on.

11. Andy_

Andy_

Hi Pacjonek,

You can either have a texture under the water that will play the sounds ( using the footstep manager ).
    Or you can use the surface identifer.
    Check out this chapter in the online manual: http://bit.ly/1mSHp7n

Basically you create a simple cube, disable the mesh collider.
    Add a vp_SurfaceIdentifier, and choose a surface type in the drop down list

12. fastbomb

fastbomb

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  13. Slicery

Slicery

Hi at first i want to Thank you for this Great Asset :D

But i have 2 Questions.

1: How i get it work that my Character is Running / Walking without any Key Pressed.

2: Is it possible to export the Arms so that i can change their look in a Moddeling Programm. When yes then how :D?

Sorry for my horrible English....

14. fastbomb

fastbomb

The Basic Arms models can be found under the path - UFPS\Base\Content\Art\Weapons\Source\BasicArms

There is also a handy BasicArmsReadMe.txt document located under the same path. It is worth reading.

Good Luck!

15. Stardog

Stardog

How can we stop the player being affected by Time.timeScale changes?

I tried to replace every mention of time/scale in vp_FPController, vp_FPCamera, and vp_TimeUtility with a custom one, but movement still slows when changing timeScale.

I just did find and replace like so:

Time.timeScale to TimeScript.playerTimeScale
    Time.deltaTime to TimeScript.customDeltaTime
    Time.fixedDeltaTime to TimeScript.customFixedDeltaTime

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  16. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

There is a small hotfix for the Mobile Add-on addressing some user-reported UI bugs.Release notes here.

17. Andy_

Andy_

Hello, no problem
    for question 1, Check out this post in our official forum
    http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/296/how-the-action-hero-mode-works

18. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

There is another small hotfix for the Mobile Add-on addressing some newly reported and previously known bugs. Release notes here.

19. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi,

I tried to drag'n'drop the sample Demoplayer Prefab into a scene and is working fine, anyway, since it's not in the FAQ:

Could someone please explain what's the easiest way to change the base walking speed? (and optionally the others?)

20. GameTech

GameTech

@NeatWolf change the acceleration under Vp_FPController. For the others just change their preset accelerations.

21. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Oh, that's why I couldn't find any velocity/speed. I should have searched for acceleration! :D

Thanks, I'll try it right now.

Just... isn't it a bit confusing to call a speed "acceleration", or it is actually an acceleration, and it's indirectly changing the velocity (eg: it is opposing to the static drag, so it's actually a force)?

22. Andy_

Andy_

Hi Stardog,
    Much of our movement is happing in the FixedUpdate() method. UFPS don't use delta time here and the physics code executes at 60 fps. Changing this in the UFPS engine code would be a major task. You would need to do something like this:
    In vp_FPCamera and the vp_FPController scripts
    Move everything in FixedUpdate() to Update()
    Then figure out which variables to multiply with delta.time, which is no easy task (a lot of trial and error needed)

23. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

MotorThrottle. Use the player event handler to get its current value and then multiply by a factor and set it.
    If you read through vp_FPController you'll notice all of the good things that MotorThrottle does for you.
    See vp_Grab for an example of usage.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  24. SeanPollman

SeanPollman

What would be an efficient way to unlock the mouse and go into a cursor mode, but also make it so that moving the cursor does not change the rotation of the player while in that mode?

25. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Here is a quick and dirty sample that you might adapt to your purposes. MouseCursorZones might work well also.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  26. Nat Twelvegames

Nat Twelvegames

I see 360 of these errors:
    "Serialization depth limit exceeded at '::vp_State'. There may be an object composition cycle in one or more of your serialized classes."
    this happen using Unity 4.5.0, the same project under Unity 4.3.4 has zero errors.

27. VenomUnity

VenomUnity

Does this work in deferred lighting because I'm having some problems where camera works for a few moments but if you try to rotate it, it freezes. I can't make full camera rotations just some limited angles.

28. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

This is not an "official" fix, but I can verify that it works. There is a good explanation here also.
    http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1056/error-after-unity-install#latest

29. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Perhaps you will find something in these posts that will help you.
    http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/search?Search=deferred+lighting+

30. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

UFPS version 1.4.7c is now available on the Asset Store and on visionpunk.com. This is a small bugfix update aimed at providing Unity 4.5.x support (fixes the "serialization depth limit exceeded" bug), along with some other minor bugfixes.
    Full releasenotes HERE.

31. tobischw

tobischw

Do you have a release date for multiplayer? Or how far is it to being completed, since you mentioned Q2 of 2014.

32. GameTech

GameTech

When the game starts the advancedplayer position shifts to the floor and the FPSCamera bounces to the top. How do I get them to just start in these positions? I don't want to the camera to move in the beginning.

33. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

There is some code in vp_SpawnPoint that might be of use ... something about SnapToGround comes to mind.

34. Andy_

Andy_

Hi epic2011,
    Check out our roadmap for all of our releases here

35. Shigidy

Shigidy

What happened to the ai add-on. It's not on the asset store anymore???

36. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

37. djweinbaum

djweinbaum

Does anyone know where my input manager settings are? How can I protect them from getting wiped on updates?

38. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

39. Andy_

Andy_

Hello djweinbaum,
    If you recently made changes to the Input settings then first save the project.
    Locate the vp input prefab in the project view.
    Make a backup of the prefab and its hidden meta file.
    Which you copy back after the update is done.

If that doesn't work you can try export the prefab as a unity package and then reimport once the update is done.

40. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

I am sure this was already asked but how do I use the FPS camera for the weapon instead of the weapon camera? Also would it be possible to use a full body character with this system? Thanks

41. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

I don't know how much help this section of the manual will be, concerning whether to use a weapon camera or not, but it does lay out the issues involved I think.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...m3KzMfsPUGBI/pub?embedded=true#h.ejn224519cme

And this post from Cal on June 9th does address the full body part of your question. This is a long thread, so go by dates to quickly find the info you are interested in seeing.

http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/4637/#Comment_4637

42. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

43. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

But it is all laid out there pretty much. If you disable the Weapon Camera, you will see your weapons, but they will appear with the distortion mentioned in the documents in #2 of that section. You will have to go through the labor of manipulating that Z and follow the link there to the Retraction section of the document and see if any of that helps you along. I did a quick search for Retraction on the Official forum and there are some results, but I guess you would need to read those to see if they suit your situation in any way. http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/search?Search=retraction
    I also ran this search on the Unity Forums and there are several UFPS results ... again, you would have to read them to see if they relate.
    http://forum.unity3d.com/search/29178/?q=retraction&t=post&o=date&c[node]=32

44. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

When I disable the weapon camera I can not see the weapon at all. It is not urgent right now. Just wondering how when I need to.

45. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Yes, well you have to disable the Weapon Camera before you run the game. If you disable it after you start the game, then no, you can't see the weapons! ha!!

46. dpanov76mail-ru

dpanov76mail-ru

Hi all,
    I know there was already raised this question but all methods I tried wasn't work for me.
    I have got a problem to add underwater sound to my game. So, basically, I have created a water plane, as a trigger and made a simple script for water triggering (If my FPS camera is under water turn on isUnderwater), and put under water Blur fog effect script to the camera in FPS. Everything is working fine visually. But when I started to apply the sound I meet very strange issue. The sound is very soft I almost can't hear it, I can hear steps (from foot step manager) underwater cause it is still rock texture, but I want to mix my underwater swimming sound with other sounds in the game like steps, shot and etc.

The structure of my game:

Water plane has:

- a trigger script
    - audio script (in trigger script)
    - audio source

FPS - a standard "Advanced UFPS player"

- Has foot steps
    - Has Audio Listener

I have checked, there is only one audio listener in my stage

My question Is:

When I swim I am not on the ground so I can't use standard foot step manager.

I tried this approach as well, this is not what I need http://bit.ly/1mSHp7n
    Cause If I disable collider from cube foot step manager stopped working.
    It is only works if I am on top on object. but I have to be inside object. (Water)

I want my water plane work as audio emitter for FPS audio listener.
    And MIX 2 sounds like underwater bulbs + FPS foot steps.

Now I see my trigger is working but sound is still not working properly.

What am I doing wrong?
    Any Ideas how to implement sound?
    Thank you all.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  47. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

For the soft sounds, I would re-check my import settings (and compare those to other sounds that I had imported to make sure everything is set just right.) I would check my sounds in the project view and test them in the inspector just to make sure that they are loud enough without any other things occurring.

I would also check if Audio.IsPlaying inside of your isUnderwater loop and if it is not playing then make it play again. The footstep manager will take care of itself if you have surfaces, and it would seem to be appropriate to use different weapon sounds while isUnderwater is true. (I think that word should be "blubs", not "bulbs"! ha!! ... blub, blub, blub! ha!)

48. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

I disabled the camera before playing the game. It is fine. Prefer using the weapon camera it is just nice to have the shadows.

49. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

50. derkoi

derkoi

Hi, I'm trying to modify the code so that mouse look only works when the right mouse button is held down.

I've tried adding:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (Input.GetMouseButtonDown(1))
    2.             {
    4.             }
    around various lines in UpdateMouseLook() in vp_FPCamera.cs with no success.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.