Search Unity

UFPS : Ultimate FPS [ RELEASED ]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VisionPunk, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guideborn

Guideborn

Does this asset have a single handheld camera effect script I can attach to my Main Camera? The demo only seemed to show things like earthquakes, stomps, etc. I needed something slow and easy

2. Alabatross

Alabatross

Hi Andy_,

I pm'd you a little bit ago about my issue. Which I've just experienced without using UFPS.

For those curious: after importing UFPS and hooking it up to our existing multiplayer in a day or so (using a very raw form of the plugin, not all of its features so it was fairly quick, simply the movement/camera and weapons) the character controller would completely stop colliding with everything in the game out of no where for no reason.

So to compare I loaded one of my backups that 50 people played for 1 hour (and has been tested 4-5 times in the past by the same group of people over the course of 6 months) and no one reported this as an issue ever, the projects were identical other than UFPS and a set of hitboxes.

We removed UFPS from the project and attempted to fix it, which did not work. We then copied the scripts from the working backup over to the current project, still no luck. The only difference was UFPS had touched the project. We're most likely going to either A. Do a full backup to that day or B. switch to using a rigidbody character controller as other rigidbodies in the scene still act correctly.

So my questions is, does just the act of importing UFPS edit any of Unity's default features? Is it able to edit the default character controller? It has acted weird ever since. Using a rigidbody controller seemingly fixes the problem, and the player no longer has a charactercontroller component so if my code was touching it I would be getting errors. The layers also never changed.

Update The entire project is still going crazy now, all raycasts stop working, collisions stop working. My entire project has been ruined since importing UFPS :( guess ill have to revert

Update: Solved! This was the issue: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/552181/physicsraycast-intermittently-stops-working.html

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  3. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

Epictickle - check out this Unity Video. They talk about saving without using player prefs or the serializer. Might work for you for now.

http://youtu.be/J6FfcJpbPXE
    http://youtu.be/J6FfcJpbPXE

4. Andy_

Andy_

Hello Upstage
    If you mean like a realistic bullet arch it's something we will implement in the future, probably in a realism add-on.

If you are interested in projectiles that are using physics , check out this arrow tutorial for UFPS,
    http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/826/arrow-projectile-tutorial#latest

It could be used to create grenades and such however it won't work for fast realistic bullets.

5. Andy_

Andy_

Hi MorrisGriffinJr,

Yes, if you mean a shaky cam / hand camera like in blair witch , its very easy,
    just tweak the values in the vp_FPCamera shake foldout in the inspector.

6. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

friend how do I integrate with Lockpicking Safe-cracking Toolkit

$Sem título.png

7. Lumos

Lumos

Could anyone shed some light on this good sir's problem? Thanks.

8. yung

yung

Hijacking the thread a little bit.

I've been developing a parkour system add on for UFPS for some time now.
    While there's still lots of bugs and features to implement, the parkour system has reach a stage where I am happy enough to share with you guys, and hopefully get some feedback on it. Will be targetting to put up a webplayer demo around this week, Friday or so.

Stay tuned!

9. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

hello friends know why this happens: $Sem título.jpg
    the soldier AI does not respond right is running without attacking
    And if not does anyone really know how to use Lockpicking Safe-cracking Toolkit with UFPS Mobile

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  10. GameTech

GameTech

Hi everyone,

I have two questions.
    1. How do I change clips into extra ammo using simpleinventory? Basically when I get additional clips or ammo I don't want it to refill ammo to max because I want ammunition to be limited. I am a making a horror survival game.I am looking into the scripts, but do not understand how the ammo reload is being implemented.

2. Is there a way to turn the vp controls on and off such that my own custom controls can take over if a player hits the 'f' button for example and vice versa? Also putting the gun away? I want the health and guns and ammo data to be maintained, but I want to be able to use my own mouselook and custom character controllers and be able to use cursor.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  11. Guideborn

Guideborn

I have the vP_FPSCamera script attached to my camera, but I'm getting a "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    vp_FPSCamera.Awake () (at Assets/UltimateFPSCamera/vp_FPSCamera.cs:155)
    "

The component seems to uncheck itself when I press Play, then checks again when I Stop.

12. topofsteel

topofsteel

I cannot get my character to pass through smaller openings. The character controller radius and skin width are both set to .01. The opening is .75 wide. Is there another factor involved here? Thanks.

Attached Files:

13. Andy_

Andy_

14. Mauri

Mauri

@topofsteel Try recreating this entry with normal Unity cubes. If you can pass through without problems, something might be wrong with your model (wrong collider maybe)?!

15. amarillosebas

amarillosebas

Hi guys. I'm somewhat new to Unity and 3D game programming, but experienced with 2D game programming. I was wondering if you have any advice on how to make the mesh of the weapon (the floating arm) be rendered only for the player camera but not by other cameras. What other cameras should see is a different model for the player, let's say, a capsule. For now, I'm just using the SimplePlayer prefab.

What I am currently seeing for both cameras is this:

$Screenshot (131).png

The upper camera is the player. The lower is just another camera that I will use for a second player.

So,

-for the player's camera, the arm and gun has to be rendered
    -for any other cameras, a simple capsule should be rendered

I have already tried to create a capsule game object and make it a child of the player or any of its children with some weird results.

16. GameTech

GameTech

@Clisto Add a layer to your arm with gun gameobject. For example let's call it FPS. For the player's camera's culling mask, make sure FPS is checked. For the second player's camera, make sure it is unchecked. Then add a layer to your capsule gameobject. Let's call it UFPS. For the player's camera's culling mask, make sure UFPS is unchecked. For the second player's camera, make sure it is checked.

17. Andy_

Andy_

Hi GameTech,
    1. If you can wait for the next version of UFPS , then it will have a much better inventory system. It's due sometime this spring.
    2. you may want to take a look at this post in our official forum:
    http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/296/how-the-action-hero-mode-works

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  18. topofsteel

topofsteel

19. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

20. Aldo

Aldo

Hi guys, I lost dev mail for support so I will ask here XD

How can I rotate the camera via code?

I want to make a perfect 90 degree rotation but eulerangles rotate and transform.rotate wont do the job

Any ideas?

21. Aldo

Aldo

Ok I believe that you didnt actually change the skin and radious

vp_FPController
    Line 98 protected float m_SkinWidth = 0.08f;

line 150 CharacterController.radius = m_NormalHeight * 0.25f; // NOTE: don't change radius in-game (it may cause missed wall collisions)

Not sure if I would play with raius :p

22. topofsteel

topofsteel

@99thmonkey @Also

line 150 in vp_FPControler fixed it. Thank you!

23. [RV]CWolf

[RV]CWolf

Hi all.

I've posted on the support forum (http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/880/ufps-1-4-6-jumping-camera-problem) but figured I'd ask here too.

I'm using UFPS 1.4.6 and when I jump the camera sometimes moves to the wrong position for a fraction of a second. Other times it moves and stays in the wrong position. I've removed all my custom scripts from the FPS controller and only have the following components on the FPS player.

Root Player GameObject
    - Character Controller
    - Vp_FPController
    - Vp_FPInput
    - Vp_FPPlayer Event Handler

FPSCamera
    - Audio Listener
    - Camera
    - Vp_FPCamera

I have recorded a video of the problem in action. It's pretty clear that every now and then you see the camera jump further back than it should be. It should be at an offset of 0.3 Z (so it's in front of the collider a little). You can see the problem happening in the video at the start and a lot near the end (it starts to get bad at 0:58 timestamp).

Video: http://youtu.be/3NAObS8AX1M

Any idea if this is a UFPS bug? Any fixes / ideas? =)

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not on about the bouncing of the camera - only the sudden sharp movements.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  24. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

@topofsteel. Check out vp_FPCharacterController.Awake. It changes the radius at runtime to 25% of character height, so changing it in the editor will have no effect. This is a bit heavy-handed and will change in some future release. Hope this helps.

25. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

@[RV]CWolf: This is a tough one. A long shot: for weird bugs like this, it sometimes helps to see what happens if you change the execution order of the scripts. That is: move them to either end of the default execution time, one at a time (under Editor -> Project Settings -> Script Execution Order).

26. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

A headsup that UFPS is currently on a spring sale of 50% (at $10) and will be until April 30.
    If you haven't already, this is a great opportunity to get it from the VisionPunk store or AssetStore.

$icon3_sale.png

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  27. ADoby

ADoby

Hello,

Do you have any information/documentation about adding Unity Pro Image Effects to Ultimate FPS Camera ?

I tried to add them to the first Camera (FPSCamera). Does not work (are deactivated when Weapon Camera is activated)

The Weapon Camera can't use them, because there is no depth information.

Nice Plugin anyway :p

28. Mauri

Mauri

Having Image Effects on the WeaponCamera should work. Atleast it works for me.

29. ADoby

ADoby

Effects like DOF do not work.

New Problem:

I try to add my own inventory system to UFPS.
    I update the "vp_FPWeapon Meele Attack" Script by using presets from code.
    And I update the variables from code.

But whenever I attack all the variables reset to something.
    When you first add the AdvancedPlayer the "Range" attribute from the meele weapon (mace) is 2.0.
    Even when I change the range to 0.5 before i start the game, it keeps resetting to 2.0 when i attack.
    Thats annoying.

Your docu doesn't tell me anything about how to use presets...

Found the problem, its the "states".
    Changing the variables in the inspector does not change anything (thats bad logic)
    You have to change every single state if you want to change the range of one weapon.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  30. Andy_

Andy_

Hello, ADoby
    Check out this link to our online manual:
    https://docs.google.com/a/visionpun...m3KzMfsPUGBI/pub?embedded=true#h.irtfok1ral0c

31. dreasgrech

dreasgrech

I have been experimenting with UFPS for the past couple of months because I am planning to use it for an online multiplayer game that supports ~64 players.

On the server, I only use vp_FPController.cs (for locomotion) and vp_FPPlayerEventHandler.cs for state handling.

But I've stumbled upon a problem where I cannot have more than ~15 CharacterControllers walking on the server at the same time. Unity's CharacterController.Move (which FPController uses) eats way too much CPU.

This makes it very impractical borderline impossible to use Unity's CharacterController when you want support that number of players.

So my question is, has anyone had any luck in completely making FPController work without Unity's CharacterController i.e using a combination of Rigidbody+Capsule collider instead?

Given all the work that FPController is doing to maintain control of locomotion, I'm guessing it shouldn't be too hard to switch to a Rigidbody based solution, but I've been having some problems in this migration.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  32. BHS

BHS

Has anyone gotten this to work with Photon Multiplayer?

They don't have an fps example and I'm wondering how the player's movement and shooting can be local to each player. As of right now all of the movement is synchronized between all players when online.

Any help or info would be appreciated.

33. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

I attempted to do this, and it ended up being much harder than I thought it would be and I gave up. Unity's CharacterController is very slow and quite buggy once you try and do anything weird with it, and I have a suspicion that Unity themselves are probably going to abandon it. Their new Sample Assets have the 1st person and 3rd person controllers both use RigidBody + CapsuleCollider, and in all of the more recent tutorials, they recommend using RigidBody + CapsuleCollider instead of CharacterController. I'm hoping that when the new Unity sample assets are fully released, or maybe when Unity 5 ships, there will be a new Unity 1st person controller that will be easier to splice into UFPS, but for now it seems pretty difficult.

34. GameTech

GameTech

Was the inventory system updated with the last update? I don't want to delete the old folder yet as I have changed the scripts to work with my controls.

35. Andy_

Andy_

Nope, the new improved inventory system will be part of the next UFPS update. Check out the roadmap for future releases here:
    www.visionpunk.com/hub/assets/ufps/roadmap

36. Andy_

Andy_

Hi BHS,
    We are working on exactly this functionality, and the release target is Q2 2014.
    www.visionpunk.com/hub/assets/ufps/roadmap

The current version of UFPS relies heavily on the vp_FPEventHandler which is a single player script. Our recommendation is to wait for the multiplayer add-on. http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/3358/#Comment_3358

37. amarillosebas

amarillosebas

Thanks GameTech for your answer.

I managed to do it, and I will share the details. I'm sure for most this won't be of much interest, but there's always a newbie (as I'm bound to know very well) googling and finding help in this kind of posts.

• I created a new layer called "Arms"
    • Modified the spectator camera's Culling Mask to not draw "Arms"
    • Modified SimplePlayer/FPSCamera's Culling Mask to *not* draw "Arms"
    • Edited vp_FPCamera.cs line 199 to: weaponCam.cullingMask = (1 << vp_Layer.Weapon) | (1 << vp_Layer.Arms);
    • Edited vp_FPWeapon.cs line 248 to: vp_Layer.Set(gameObject, vp_Layer.Arms, true);
    It works perfectly now.

38. XRA

XRA

hey in the latest UFPS (1.4.6) I get this error duplicated upon starting. This is a blank scene and no code modifications made.

"Serialization depth limit exceeded at '::vp_State'. There may be an object composition cycle in one or more of your serialized classes."

It happens 36 times for the Camera&Controller prefab, 108 times for SimplePlayer and 252 times for the AdvancedPlayer prefab.

Just wondering what it is about?

39. GameTech

GameTech

When the character walks backwards the footsteps are not heard, only when moving sideways or walking forward. Anyone else has this problem or know a fix?

40. dreasgrech

dreasgrech

Will the online version of UFPS still use CharacterController or will you switch to a Rigidbody + Capsule Collider setup?

The reason I ask is because of the performance issues related to the CharacterController.

41. saad_khan1875

saad_khan1875

Assets/UFPS/AI/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Combat/vp_AIShooter.cs(20,29): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `vp_Shooter' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/UFPS/AI/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Core/vp_AIStateEventHandler.cs(18,48): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `vp_EventHandler' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/UFPS/AI/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Extras/vp_AIAudioSource.cs(18,33): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `vp_Component' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

42. Andy_

Andy_

Hello XRA,
    What version of Unity are you running?
    Does you project work otherwise? Do you have any other warnings and errors in the console?

43. Andy_

Andy_

44. Andy_

Andy_

Hello dreasgrech,
    The first version of the multiplayer add-on will use the unity character controller.
    Our ambition in the long term is to support other types of controllers.

45. sylvestermeister

sylvestermeister

Yup.

Same here.

46. Codescapade

Codescapade

I'm using the Ultimate FPS in our game and it works fine in unity but when I create a standalone build the weapon is not visible. I build for mac. When I run it I can see the light that I have on the weapon is working so it seems that only the mesh is invisible. Any idea what can cause this?

47. Andy_

Andy_

Hi! Could any of you check what versions you are running? Check which Unity version, UFPS version and AI version.
    Then contact our support so we can help you further there.

( You can find the support email in the read me file in the root of the UFPS package folder. Or in the asset store when viewing any UFPS product there is a email link under the big picture. )
    Thanks!

48. TheWilsonatorYT

TheWilsonatorYT

Hey, just wondering if there's a way to shorten or remove the 'sticky' crouch? I have my crouch camera position springs set so that it's a quick transition (kind of like Source Engine crouching), however when you release the crouch key there is a half second delay before it goes back up.. anyone know where I can modify or remove this?

Thanks.

49. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Sure, see comment near the bottom of the player event handler script (vp_PlayerEventHandler in 1.4.7 and vp_FPPlayerEventHandler in version 1.4.6).

50. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

$UFPS1.4.7.jpg

Version 1.4.7 of Ultimate FPS is available in the Asset Store and on visionpunk.com.

UFPS 1.4.7 is the first of two big refactoring updates aimed at facilitating multiplayer in UFPS. It introduces brand new inventory, pickup and spawnpoint systems, along with further revisions to the directory and class structure. Most changes and additions are aimed at providing cleaner separation between multiplayer and singleplayer concepts, but there's also miscellaneous bugfixes and minor features.

Full release notes here.

EDIT: There is now a hotfix for the AI Add-on. This should install on top of a clean UFPS 1.4.7 without problems. Release notes here.

EDIT: There is now also a Mobile Add-on hotfix. Release notes here.

For more info, see this post in the UFPS forum.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.