Search Unity

UFPS : Ultimate FPS [ RELEASED ]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VisionPunk, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpectralRook

SpectralRook

I believe I was able to accomplish what you are asking for by adding "PositionPivotSpringStiffness 0.2" to WeaponMachinegunZoom.txt

2. lod3

lod3

@SpectralRook

That was it. PM me your email. And thank you, sir.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  3. ChipNinja

ChipNinja

@VisionPunk
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask - but I've been working on adding in specific features (realistic, proportion brass, physics-based projectiles) and various tweaks to UFPS to suit my game's requirements. I have noticed other people asking about similar features - but as mentioned in prior posts such features are usually not generic enough to include in UFPS. That being the case, would it be alright with you guys if I released the extension on the store? A decent chunk of time has gone into it (10 calibers, another 10 to remodel, with PBR, script based batching system to optimize the brass, etc), so while I don't mind sharing bits and pieces for whomever needs it, I don't want to hand everything out either.

4. TheWilsonatorYT

TheWilsonatorYT

Really really loving this, 100% the best FPS system for Unity. Just wondering if there will be any official controller support in the future? I've tried adding my own support but the character movement with the analog sticks isn't analog movement (if you move the left stick a little bit, character walks at full speed). I think having official controller support would work really well with the Oculus Rift

5. Andy_

Andy_

Hi ChipNinja,
    This is a business related question, please send a private message to me so that we can discuss it directly

Andy
    VisionPunk

6. ChipNinja

ChipNinja

Sorry, I thought I'd seen something in the thread previously - but I suppose it was a different thread I was remembering. I'll shoot you that PM as soon as you've got it enabled ;)

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  7. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

First let say I love UFPS and it's flexability but I really in need of a tutorial on how would you kill a zombie and of how a zombie can kill the player. I know it uses send message "Damage" but I do not know how to code in c#. Before you say try the addon AI i do have the addon but it DO NOT WORK. I've tried many times to get it working. First i tried to do a zombie from scratch it didn't work then i replaced the soldier character with my zombie and GUESS WHAT IT DID NOT WORK. Oh and my zombie is a legacy character. Now if any one has done a Zombie with the AI addon, a tutorial would be much appreciated. The only system that has worked with a mecanim character tho is the mecanim AI system. Now with this system i can kill the zombie and that is with using send message but the zombie still DO NOT kill the player. I have tried other systems but the same problem arises. Another thing how would you do if you shoot or melee zombie, blood splurts out. Help would be much appreciated thank you.

8. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Wendy, does the demo scene ... the AI demo scene ... does that work for you? Do those soldiers kill your player and are you able to kill them?

What happens when you step into the Boss spawner area. Do you see the Boss AI player there?

Are you able to replace the demo soldier with your zombie and make it work in those scenes? That is, pretty much, the very easiest way to proceed.

Where did you get your zombies? Are you able to make any of the Unity sample models work within your scene?

Wendy, there are no tutorials, other than the coded ones that come with the product. What would you like to learn from a video tutorial? Be specific, if possible, and maybe ... as has been mentioned elsewhere ... maybe, someone will prepare one for you.

Coding is easy, Wendy. It is the learning to code that is just a little bit difficult. No more difficult than learning to skate well or ski well or speak a different language (certainly less difficult than that!) with moderate fluency ... there is no reason, given the immense resources available in this age, that anyone wishing to produce a game should be intimidated by coding a few simple things.

Let's work the early stages first and then we'll get the blood splurting out for you. My sincere suggestion would be that you ask for one thing at a time.... and also that you be willing to do the climb that will be required to make your vision hit the screen. that's it for me. see ya'.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  9. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

10. Andy_

Andy_

Hi Apex Games,
    The mobile add-on has analog movement, perhaps you could study that implementation...

Our ambition is to support this in the future in the base UFPS product.

Andy
    VisionPunk

11. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

The tutorial is great thank you, it is working for me now but 1 question, i know how to do a ragdoll, but how did you do your ragdoll with that robot because the chest and arms just stay in one place but the rest works.

12. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

I had to totally change the mesh. That character is probably not that great for ragdoll. Even mine, the arms don't really fall apart. But, it makes a ragdoll that is less than perfect but works. Most characters are not create the way that one was. In the end I dragged each piece under each bone. I took the "Geometry" pieces and dragged them under the corresponding "DeformationSystem" pieces. Example - robo_rugg_2014:Main\...DeformationSystem\...Root_M\...Hip_L\ now has a child of robo_rigg_2014:leg_1_L which was from the "Geometry" section. It would have been too confusing to show all that.

13. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

14. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

Oh ok no worry's i decided to use my zombie pack instead and the tutorial actually works for me with ragdoll aswell.

15. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

Is there gonna be any support for mecanim in AI addon in the future.

16. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

You can always get hacky with it. I played around and I have an AI Skeleton using Mecanim and the AI Add-on. Of course, I had to write a C# script that grabs the current states and then turns around and tells Mecanim to play that animation. *shrugs* it works. I checked all the states I wanted for myAI.StateManager.IsEnabled("idle"); and then if true, I myAnim.Play("idle"); ... so, where there's a will, theres a way. I wanted to get it working with Playmaker, but no go.

17. Grespon

Grespon

Andy,
    Unity is releasing a new Character Controller, which can be tested already. Is it going to change something, since UFPS is based on Character Controller?

18. Andy_

Andy_

Hi!
    Yes there will be UFPS-wide support for mecanim soon, (sometime this year).

19. topofsteel

topofsteel

It appears the UFPS input manager effects the project globally, not just the the UFPS controls? That was frustrating for me to debug and discover. That particular feature has made your asset less flexible, between that and the inability to include alternate controls.

20. topofsteel

topofsteel

(forgive me if someone did respond to a previous post about this,I believe I have kept up with the forum. but I could have missed it)

How can I change the height of the character permanently? Overriding the camera spring height in the inspector is inadequate. When not activated the camera returns to 2 meters. Where in the code can I fix this? Thanks.

21. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

It shouldn't, unless you mean that it uses certain keys for movement and changing weapons. You can change the key bindings in UFPS -> Input Manager from the menu. But anything using builtin Unity input should still work fine; it works for me.

22. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Hi everyone. Version 0.1.1 of the UFPS AI Add-on Beta is now available. This is a small bugfix update with the main purpose of improving stability. Full releasenotes here.

23. em3plum

em3plum

where is the docamera collision script located

24. topofsteel

topofsteel

How would I disable just the X/vertical axis? I'm using UFPS with the Oculus Rift, and there is a forward and backward swaying generated by the X axis. Thanks.

25. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

friends how do I put a button calling the save game and missions screen in mobile

get a error here: $Sem títuloi.png

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  26. masterz4099

masterz4099

Why can't I find the shotgun for UFPS? Please help me :)

27. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

28. Andy_

Andy_

Hi Grespon,
    Sorry we didn't know this. We can't verify this at the moment. Anyways our goal is to always have UFPS support Unity.

29. Andy_

Andy_

Check out this info post about scaling: http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/2021/#Comment_2021
    When you say not activated, do you mean the disabled vp_FPCamera object or only the component?

30. Andy_

Andy_

Hi, There is such a method in vpFPCamera

31. Andy_

Andy_

Do you mean input axis?

Tweak the values in vpFPCamera in the inspector, ( position and rotation foldout )
    Possibly also bob

If you want to disable the vertical axis, then in vp_FPCamera

protected virtual void UpdateMouseLook()
    Disable this line:
    //m_MouseMove.y = vp_Input.GetAxisRaw("Mouse Y") * Time.timeScale;

32. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

It seems we have gremlins in the machinery, and the latest version of the AI Add-on has incorrect files. An updated version should go live on Asset Store any moment. Please make sure to look for and update to version 0.1.1b. We have updated our build routines to prevent similar mishaps from occuring again. Sorry =/

33. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

I don't think they're updating Character Controller. I would guess Grespon means the new Sample Assets which contains a new First Person Controller script that is based on RigidBody + Capsule Collider, which I mentioned a bit earlier too. I get the sneaking suspicion that Unity might be thinking of scratching Character Controller as the "official" right way to do things and instead start steering people towards moving RigidBody... but Unity's new sample FP Controller is still pretty buggy, so who knows.

34. daven8989

daven8989

Hi guys, i'm making a fps zombie for oculus, but i have a problem with the OVRCamera (i think the problem is in OVRCamera), sometimes when a zombie hit my player, the (left) camera begin shaking and it doesn't stop. any idea?

35. Nomad5oul

Nomad5oul

Hi

I'm using UFPS v1.4.6 and would like to attach a point light to the muzzleflash so I get a realtime lighting effect when shooting.

Am guessing this needs to be done in Vp_FPWeaponShooter.cs or Vp_MuzzleFlash.cs and may require a new muzzleflash prefab but am not sure what code needs to be added or how to set this effect up.

Can anyone confirm how to do this please?

36. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

It is probably easy, but I can't find a way to do it: for the UFPS mobile-addon, demo scene, how can I add support for the normal Desktop control as well? My idea was to have "PC Controls" along side with "Dynamic Joystick" and .e.t.c in menu dropdown, so that when I test on PC, I could easy switch between mobile/PC control rig.

37. primus88

primus88

Hi guys from Visionpunk,

I sent you a private message and a mail in the last week as I had some issues/questions regarding the platforming part of the tool.
    I will also post here, hopefully you can answer them:

1. How I make it so that the vp_MovingPlatform: EaseInOut accelerates / brakes faster. Because it is playing the moving sound for way too long without even noticing the elevator moving (it is very noticeble when stopping the elevator).
    (SOLVED) 2. For platforms like train, sometimes the system does not attach me to the platform, meaning that when the platform starts to move I remain behind. I have to jump on the spot in order to get attached. Any ideas what could be the problem?
    3. I have some platforms that I control through switches. If I die, some platforms are out of reach for me as the switch is installed on the platform which previously moved to another waypoint. Is there a way to reset platform position when I respawn?

Thank you

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  38. Andy_

Andy_

Hi daven,
    Are you using UFPS? If so go to the FPCamera component and increase the dampening on the position and or rotation springs, see if that changes anything.

39. Andy_

Andy_

Hi, here's a quick hack for you,
    First add a light to a muzzle flash prefab

Add this in the vp_MuzzleFlash.cs
    public Light m_light = null;

in start()
    m_light = (Light)GetComponent(typeof(Light));
    if ( m_light != null) m_light.enabled = false;

in Shoot() m_light.enabled = true;
    in the else in Update() if ( m_Color.a < 0.1f) m_light.enabled = false;

40. yahodahan

yahodahan

Hi there! Figured this was better than email, in case it benefits others-

How can I make a platform "auto-swap" to the opposite direction of travel, after reaching the end of it's waypoints? For example:

1) I step onto lift
    2) Lift travels upward, from waypoint 1 (of 2) to waypoint 2 (of 2)
    3) I get off the lift
    4) I step back onto the lift
    5) Lift recognizes it is at the end of it's "line" (2 of 2), and therefore travels backward, from waypoint 2 (of 2) to waypoint 1 (of 2)

Of course, if you have 3 or more waypoints, it gets a bit trickier- there needs to be a selection for whether it should go 3 to 0, or 3 to 2. I suppose that's Ping Pong vs Loop :)

I began messing about in the script, but it feels like I'm simply missing something obvious- does this behavior already exist, and I'm simply missing it?

Thanks!

41. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

@yahodahan,

I think that you will have to use a vp_PlatformSwitch, or the logic contained therein, to accomplish your goal.

You can use DemoScene3 to test this. Disable the Demo Component.

Set the door, which is a moving platform, so that the vp_MovingPlatform -> Path has AutoStart, ReturnDelay and CoolDown all set at zero, the PathType should be Target and the Direction should be Direct.

Setup in that manner, the first button press will open the door and the second button press will close the door. That seems like the functionality that you are seeking.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  42. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Look into vp_PlatformSwitch and you will notice how to send a GoTo message. That should work well at spawn time to get your lifts back into position.

43. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

I'm trying to make runtime changes to vp_AICombat by changing the values present in vp_AI (the values accumulated there for the various plugin's) via a separate script.

At runtime I see the changes occur on the foldout of the plugin for a given AI, but the changes that I make do not persist. They toggle momentarily and then revert to the design-time settings.

Could you give me an example of accessing a vp_AIPlugin at runtime (the syntax for accessing an instance), please. Or perhaps tell me how to cause my changes to persist ... the correct Send or Update or Reset; or whatever?

Thanks.

REPHRASED QUESTION:

I want to turn off AI Melee attacks at runtime and / or also set the Override Ranged Distance for melee combat to zero.

How can I do that?

SOLVED
    Thanks to anyone that bothered to think about this. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  44. Stan-B

Stan-B

$20 is funny money for this kit. You need to review the price!
    The missing part for sure is multiplayer. In any case good job and good luck!

45. Upstage

Upstage

Is the multiplayer add on still going to be released in Q1 of 2014?

46. Andy_

Andy_

47. Epictickle

Epictickle

Andy, Visionpunk... SOMEONE!

I can't, for the life of me, get Unity Serializer to work in UFPS... The package doesn't come with a pre-packaged solution for saving your game, and I absolutely hate using PlayerPrefs when it could all be serialized. I realize that I could make a serializer myself, but I have no experience with serialization programming.... I know Unity Serializer can work with UFPS somehow, as I've seen posts from people that got it to work a year or two back, but I can't get in touch with said people, and I literally have NO CLUE where to start... I even saw that Cal had plans at one time to check out Unity Serializer, but looks like he never did... Could someone from the ufps team PLEASE look into this and maybe help me out a bit? I'll send you my package if needed. I need this in my game as it is going to be open-world. You guys should (maybe) consider pre-packaging UFPS with Unity Serializer already set up in a demo scene (since Unity Serializer is open-source, I wouldn't see a problem with that), or if you can't for whatever reason, you should consider pre-packaging a save game solution that will store all variables that need to be stored from the player and serialize them.

Link to original (more detailed) post:
    http://visionpunk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/823/easy-saving-loading-solution#latest

PLEASE help me! ^_^

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  48. ProtoZero

ProtoZero

I'm not a pro, but I've been knees deep for a while now. For anyone wondering, when it comes to objects that need position updates, you need a photonview on it if you want the updates to be synced across the network. Also, you need to push updates for what gun is in hand and such in script, it isn't automatic. I would recommend creating a new script for this and adding it to your player. Extend PhotonNetwork.MonoBehavior, and add a method called OnPhotonSerialedView(). Search the structure of this method, its actually really simple. But here you need to send out and receive what gun is in hand, for instance, and the clients will automagically update from here. This applies to transformations, velocities and other variables used in animations, interpolations, etc. You can sync ANY data this way.

49. Andy_

Andy_

Hi Epictickle,

We definitely want to support this in the future,
    but sadly we don't have time to do it right now

50. Upstage

Upstage

Will bullet drop be implemented in a later version of UFPS? I know it uses a hitscan system now but will that be changed (especially for multiplayer)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.