Search Unity

UFPS : Ultimate FPS [ RELEASED ]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VisionPunk, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phato777

phato777

When you go to import, just uncheck all the A*Pathfinding Project files and you should be good to go.

2. Rico21745

Rico21745

One feature that I would like to see:

Ability to parent camera set it's position based on a gameobject/bone on a character rather than the default behavior of specifying the height and such in the editor. For my game, I had to hack away at the old version of UFPS (still haven't updated to 1.4+ because I'd need to rip out a bunch of stuff and re-add it)

Ideally all camera behaviors should be relative to whatever transform you parent it to if this were implemented. That way shakes and other effects should still work.

My particular use case is attaching the vp_FPSCamera object to the head bone on my character.

3. deckard

deckard

I have spent a long time reviewing the code to figure out why this does not work. But I ended up doing the exact same hack as you and comment those lines to make it work.

It is really a shame that a few annoying bugs remain in such a well written Unity extension.

4. phato777

phato777

Sounds like the preset has the wrong component type at the top of the preset file, should be vp_FPWeapon, not vp_FPSWeapon.

5. deckard

deckard

That's of course the first thing I checked but that's not the case.

I really don't know where this "FPS" is coming from.

6. phato777

phato777

Another thing you could try is deleting the preset from the States foldout and then re-adding it. Something is being cached with each state that is created and not cleared I believe. We'll certainly look into fixing this as it's a frustrating issue for sure.

7. deckard

deckard

I have also purchased the shotgun add on and I have been unable to make the reloading fully functionnal.

There is a bug in the script which uses Animation.CrossFade instead of Animation.Play when switching to the reloadfadeout animation in the case the reloading is aborted.
    As a result the reloadfadeout animation is not played correctly. It is visible with the sample shotgun and animations when triggering slomo: you can see that the shotgun shell is being interpolated during the crossfade and goes through the left hand.

It is not really visible at normal speed though, at least with the supplied shotgun and animations.

Another potential problem is that the script reinits the 'firepump' animation at some point. But the name of the animation is hardscripted. So this can cause problems if an animation with a different name is used instead.

I have managed to get the shotgun to work with my proprietary assets. I still have one problem though: the reload sound is not always played properly. I thought that it had something to do with the PlayReloadSound() method recursively calling vp_Timer.In(). But that's not the case.

So I'm a bit stuck here and I dunno exactly how to fix the problem.

8. RetronamicGames

RetronamicGames

Has anyone made an arrow with this? :D

9. deckard

deckard

I have just downloaded the Beta of the AI extension and it works amazingly well.

I had started coding my own AI system. So far I have three working behaviors: patrol, take cover and chase player. I have created a very nice cover behavior where my NPCs can take cover and move from cover to cover depending on the player's location. I was planning to start working on the attack behavior.

But seeing how well your AI system performs, I think that I'd rather adapt my behaviors to your system. =)

I am using Mecanim though, which does not seem to be the case in your system :/

Since I am developing a game for mobile, do you think that it will be difficult to add object pooling to your enemy spawner?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  10. phato777

phato777

Adding plugins to add functionality to the AI is the way to go. You could add a Strategies plugin or something. You may have to dig into the Movement plugin as well, but maybe not.

Check out the Scripting Reference

11. Silly_Rollo

Silly_Rollo

Arrow physics are something I've been experimenting but I don't have much to show. I have a 2D hold for velocity test but implementing it in FP without looking and controlling awkwardly is a challenge.

On that note I would happily purchase weapon addons from UFPS that showed off different functionality like bows, thrown weapons, sniper rifles, more melee, etc. I hope some of those are in the works.

12. Sutton_2

Sutton_2

Bow and Arrow add-on sounds intriguing!:D

13. Z43D

Z43D

Update: Nevermind, turns out it was because I wasn't running the latest version of UFPS beforehand (although I thought for sure I was)

Nice work with the AI system :) It was a pleasant surprise to see it up for free for joining the beta. I'll be sure to let you know if I run across any bugs.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  14. delibowlen

delibowlen

+1, posted this issue already a couple of weeks, maybe 2 month, ago......................

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  15. Benji-John93

Benji-John93

Still no mobile addon yet? :/

16. Celtic-Indie

Celtic-Indie

First I really like the AI component
    The ufps component is also brilliant!!

My only worry is no mecanim support.

Are there plans to include mecanim support by the time of the final product please?

17. ruseman

ruseman

Hi. Thank you for an excellent product. Can you give us any word on what we can expect from the Multiplayer component? Will there be teams, game modes, score system, chat etc? Thank you.

18. Sutton_2

Sutton_2

I saw the mobile add-on weapon pack on YouTube, looks good, can't wait for mobile control add-on and multiplayer!

19. 3DIM

3DIM

Vision Punk, I just check your AI for UFPS beta, I found few stuff need to fix.

I thought I might help you out.

1 - When you try get solider to climb ladder, it just flying and loop there forever. it seem that this AI know there are path but unable to climb ( I don't mind about animation because there are Animation States in it, so I can add animation myself with "climb" trigger )

2 - When you are out of AI reach ( example big boss ) you just shoot at them at very far, they don't action... they just stand still like fool. heh.
    I would like to see something add to AI behave like metal gear solid. when you hurt them but out of their range, they just "search the area" instead of just stood stand still. Their level of behave - Natural, Idle, Anonymous, Reaction, Searching, Alert, and Surrender ( I know there are Retreat and it is useful )

3 - Ally AI, an ally AI that follow player around with order follow/stop and reaction to attack or return fire at enemy AI or hold their fire. useful for lead the captured personnel that flee from terrorist ( Counter Strike anyone? :D )

I will try find any more bug just in case.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  20. radiantboy

radiantboy

Very cool, how did you do that radar thing? Ive been trying to get one like that, like gta basically so you can see the walls etc, but also see icons outside of the radar when theyre too far away, is that an asset? couldnt find it, if not you should make it one ;)

21. justinl

justinl

I've made a crossbow and it works quite well. Instantiates the projectile prefab at the muzzle point and then the projectile has it's own code to launch it forward with an arc. Took about half a day to implement. I really like how Vision Punk has organized the files. Really easy to create your own weapons.

22. bubbalovesponge

bubbalovesponge

My AI Zombie Test 001: Not the best but working on it.
    http://www.microcyb.com/ufps

Normal keyboard commands like 1=gun, etc.
    Remember zombies. Head shot or they run after you. LOL
    $Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  23. justinl

justinl

Figured it out. You need to modify the Crouch.MinDuration to something small like 0 or 0.05F. Currently it's hard coded in the FPPlayerEventHandler.cs file near the bottom.

Cheers.

24. rumorgames

rumorgames

Picked up this asset to use in the 7DFPS jam, and although I ended up being too busy to participate, I'm really impressed with what's included. My only question is whether you have any plans to consolidate the input logic so things like weapons and ladders don't have separate references to the mouse axes and such? I'd like to do some work that involves nonstandard controllers, and it would help me a lot of everything I had to touch was in one place.

Oh, and thanks again for creating this amazing asset!

25. Goofy420

Goofy420

The map system is on the asset store; NJG Minimap

26. RetronamicGames

RetronamicGames

Few questions:

- Are Android and iOS supported?
    - Through the AI feature, is locational damage supported?
    - Is there any documentation on how to switch weapon models?
    - Are melee projectiles supported? (rocks, arrows, etc.)
    - Is secondary fire supported?

27. cj31387

cj31387

Can someone please tell me how to change the weapon damage. I cant figure out how to make a weapon do more or less damage. Please PM me as I wont be able to watch this thread I'll probably miss what you say.

28. Goofy420

Goofy420

Good luck getting the mobile weapons set up.
    It doesn't include the presets like the video shows so you'll waste half a day aligning all the springs. This is not a UFPS module, just your every day universal weapon pack. The sniper has no scope and the grenade has no thrown script. There's no documentation or support on the forums for it either. I'm pretty sure it wasn't tested since two of the weapons animations are a run loop while the character is idle.

29. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

I p.m.'d you, but the beauty of the forum system is that others might have a need for info (but unlike the official forum, this dog won't allow one to search except in the most frustrating and time consuming manner ... anyhow).... The bullet does the damage. The script vp_Hitscanbullet which is found upon all of the various bullet prefabs (machinegunbullet, pistolbullet, etc.) is where the adjustments can be made.

30. deckard

deckard

I have noticed a major hiccup when switching weapon on my android device.

I have ran the profiler and here are the results:

- in average the test level runs at 60fps with the frame lasting:
    - CPU: ~12ms
    - GPU: ~12ms

- when the weapon switching occurs, two frames, separated by a quarter of second are respectively lasting:
    1st frame:
    - CPU: 71.75ms
    - GPU: 6.42ms

2nd frame:
    - CPU: 284.54ms (!)
    - GPU: 8.78ms

During those two frames, vp_Timer.update represents respectively 85% and 95% of the frame.
    Inside vp_Timer.update, the garbage collection itself represents 10%-15% of the frame.

Why does the vp_Timer.update take so long during those two frames?
    Is there a way to fix this and remove those hiccups?

Thanks a lot.

31. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Hey, here's a trailer for the second AAA weapon addon for UFPS. This will be available in the Asset Store within a week. For the thread regarding these weapons check out the official UFPS forum.

[video=youtube_share;SVSJYrf6CjU]http://youtu.be/SVSJYrf6CjU

32. phato777

phato777

You could try reducing the MaxEventsPerFrame value at the top of the vp_Timer class

33. justinl

justinl

Has anyone ever experienced a rendering problem like this? I'm using the 2 camera set up (this is the stock SimplePlayer prefab from UFPS). This only seems to happen when I'm using a shader with some sort of screen effect. It doesn't always look like that. Sometimes the camera is working fine but then it will sporadically stop rendering the world camera and then render the weapon over top for a few seconds causing this "trail" effect, and then the normal world camera will kick back in and things will look fine. However, it's basically impossible to play because it looks like this every few seconds. (This is the SUIMONO water add-on but it also happens using the Detonator Framework and showing an explosion that has a "Heatwave" on it).

$render_problem.jpg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  34. deckard

deckard

Thanks phato777. I'll try this.

Do you happen to know why so many events are sent upon wielding/unwielding of a weapon?
    Is there any way to monitor the events sent to this class?

35. NessimOnair

NessimOnair

$705180hhhh.png
    I have this problem with the add on AI I is not how to help

EDIT

I install the most recent version of Unity makes me its:

$872167bug.png

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  36. radiantboy

radiantboy

Very cool, how much will it be? if it had double weilding then you would sell a hell of a lot more :) considering how good your existing pistol already is. Thanks though I will buy this.

37. justinl

justinl

When in FreeFly mode (with gravity set to 0) if you fly close to the terrain and the terrain has a steep slope on it (like a cliff), you get sucked down along the terrain. Once you get your body off of the terrain though then you can fly again. Does anyone know how to stop this getting sucked down along the terrain if in FreeFly mode? I set all of the slope settings in the controller to 0 but that doesn't seem to fix it.

38. Kitti_Kat

Kitti_Kat

i love this asset but i still cant figure out how to transition aiming down a sniper scope

39. tibers

tibers

I look the majority asks to make management under mobile devices.
    Here my game Slender: The Road. If it is necessary to someone I can send management.
    I write through the translator.

40. justinl

justinl

I found it. It's caused by the anti-bump offset in the FixedMove in the vp_FPController.cs

Code (csharp):
    2.         // --- apply anti-bump offset ---
    3.         // this pushes the controller towards the ground to prevent the character
    4.         // from "bumpety-bumping" when walking down slopes or stairs. the strength
    5.         // of this effect is determined by the character controller's 'Step Offset'
    6.         m_CurrentAntiBumpOffset = 0.0f;
    7.         if (m_Grounded  m_MotorThrottle.y <= 0.001f)
    8.         {
    9.             m_CurrentAntiBumpOffset = Mathf.Max(m_CharacterController.stepOffset, Vector3.Scale(m_MoveDirection, (Vector3.one - Vector3.up)).magnitude);
    10.             m_MoveDirection += m_CurrentAntiBumpOffset * Vector3.down;
    11.         }
    Simply include the !MotorFreeFly in the if statement so that it doesn't do this bump offset when in fly mode. (proper way of course is to extend the vp_FPController.cs class and then override the FixedMove method with your own).

Code (csharp):
    2.         m_CurrentAntiBumpOffset = 0.0f;
    3.         if (!MotorFreeFly  m_Grounded  m_MotorThrottle.y <= 0.001f)
    4.         {
    5.             m_CurrentAntiBumpOffset = Mathf.Max(m_CharacterController.stepOffset, Vector3.Scale(m_MoveDirection, (Vector3.one - Vector3.up)).magnitude);
    6.             m_MoveDirection += m_CurrentAntiBumpOffset * Vector3.down;
    7.         }

41. deckard

deckard

I have just noticed a very very annoying bug in the handling of component presets:

1) set the default values of a component (for example vp_Weapon)
    for example set the weapon camera's field of view to 30
    2) save these values as a preset txt file (named for example WeaponPistolDefaultPreset.txt)
    3) modify the default values again
    for example set the weapon camera's field of view to 40
    4) assign the previously saved preset txt file (in the example WeaponPistolDefaultPreset.txt)
    5) the default values are now reset to the values in the preset file
    for example the weapon camera's field of view is set to 30
    (But these values are hidden and cannot be edited
    If you wish to edit them you need to clic on "Unlock")
    6) clic on Unlock to edit the default values again
    And then, contrary to the expected behavior, the values are reset to the previous default values instead of the values in the default preset file

This means that for example instead of 30, the value in the WeaponPistolDefaultPreset.txt file, the field of view is now set back to 40, the default value that had been manually set before adding the preset file.

Not being able to view the various default settings in the inspector as soon as a default preset file is used is also very very annoying.

Could you please:
    1) fix the default preset problem and make sure that upon clicking on "Unlock", the parameters keep the values of the default preset file instead of being reset to their previous value?
    2) keep the parameters and their values visible when a default preset file has been assigned?

Thanks a lot.

42. thedreamer

thedreamer

I was interesting in ACTION HERO(of DEMOScene2)

Action hero mode Gives a Game idea

like Action hero mode

Player walk(and Run) to Planned position(This is an Position I have set) automatically, Without any input

This is probably forced mode can be called

In summary, (I want) Player walk (or run) from point A to point B automatically . Without any input

What should I do?

If you make forced mode easy.. It is clear to many people will help

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  43. NessimOnair

NessimOnair

44. deckard

deckard

I have noticed a series of bugs regarding the various states of vp_Weapon:

A/ the vp_Weapon does not always switch to the Reload state when the reloading is triggered:
    1/ launch the game
    2/ select a weapon
    3/ shoot a few rounds and start reloading
    4/ switch weapon while the first weapon is being reloaded
    5/ shoot a few rounds with the new weapon
    6/ launch reloading of the new weapon
    7/ notice that vp_Weapon does not switch to Reload state and remains in Default state instead

B/ Although some states can supposedly be set to block other states, it does not work as required:
    1/ in vp_Weapon, set the Reload state to block the Zoom state
    2/ launch the game
    3/ select the weapon and shoot a few rounds
    4/ start reloading
    5/ Hold down the zoom button, notice that vp_Weapon switches to Zoom state

C/ vp_Weapon does not switch correctly to Reload state when in Zoom state
    1/ launch the game
    2/ select a weapon and shoot a few rounds
    3/ hold down the zoom button, notice that vp_Weapon switches to Zoom state
    4/ start reloading
    5/ notice that although the reloading animation is launched:
    * vp_Weapon remains in Zoom state and does not switch to Reload state
    * the camera keeps the field of view setting of the Zoom state

D/ the weapon wielding is not a state and thus the other states cannot be blocked during the wielding animation
    1/ launch the game
    2/ select a weapon
    3/ start shooting while the wielding animation is still being played
    4/ notice that vp_Weapon switches immediately to Attack state with:
    * muzzle flash
    * shell ejection
    * projectiles being fired
    while the wielding animation is still being played

45. topofsteel

topofsteel

I used to be able to move the player with...

Code (csharp):
    1. transform.position = new Vector3(1.5,-2.5,15.5);
    That isn't working anymore. Also, I was unable to rotate the player at the time, I was getting the NaN, NaN, NaN error. I remember that had been fixed. How do you move and rotate the player now. Thanks.

46. reaperkan

reaperkan

Sorry for asking this question don't know whether it has been answered before or not but how can i use my own animations for recoil like i don't want to use the spring system? any help will be greatly appreciated

47. thedreamer

thedreamer

I want to know too

But not a simple move

I hope Walking Mode and Running Mode should be maintained

48. deckard

deckard

I have tried reducing the MaxEventsPerFrame. I even tried to set it to 1 (instead of the default value of 500).

This did not change the frame rate problem in anyway actually...

49. Mark-Paul

Mark-Paul

Im having some problems with UFPS and the Oculus Rift and wonder if anyone can help?

At the moment with UFPS the only way to move the rotation of your character controller is by the using the mouse. If i move my head it simply moves the rotation of the camera and not the character. This makes for a confusing VR world where you can be facing forward physically, but then pushing forward on the joystick makes you go left.

I really need the character controller to be rotating with the direction of the oculus.

I have followed the setup guide but not having much luck.
    Any help would be really appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  50. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Hi, for anyone interested in this, the question was posted in numerous channels and I wrote up a couple of brain dumps here:
    http://bit.ly/15TGIlQ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.