Search Unity

UFPS : Ultimate FPS [ RELEASED ]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VisionPunk, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Hey devfo, check out this post for info on how to enable the earthquake effect.

2. Mister-D

Mister-D

how do i make the player shoot only only once instead of continuous when left mouse is pressed?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  3. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Do you mean when you press and hold the left mouse button or when it is clicked? The latter should only fire once.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  4. Mister-D

Mister-D

When im not in aim mode en click the left mouse once the player just keeps attacking and only stops if i press the right mouse or when the ammo is out. Also how could i spawn a blood particle when n enemy is hit?

5. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

I have never heard of this issue before. UFPS has tap-firing like any other FPS. Please provide more detail.

• Please provide version info on your OS, Unity and Ultimate FPS.
    • How have you installed the asset? Via the asset store or another source?
    • Have you modified it in any way?
    • Does the issue occur in the demo scenes or in a project of your own?
    • Have you set up a player from scratch or do you use any of the included player prefabs. If so, which one?

Thanks

6. im

im

just picked it up, thanks for the sale

any eta on multiplayer addon?

7. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Yeah, for the most accurate info we have on releases you can always check this post.

8. dat_leth

dat_leth

Hi,

I recently bought UFPS via your Website. Unfortunately I had lost the E-Mail with the link to the product. Now I can't update to the newest version. I got proof of purchase by PayPal as a Screenshot.
    Please contact me as soon as possible.

Thanks

9. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Hi, I'll be glad to help out! Please check the PDF file in the root folder of the asset for support options and contact info.

10. devfo

devfo

Thanks, VisionPunk!

Another question though. Ever since I disabled the weapon camera, my muzzle flashes don't show up any more. Why is this?

-DevFo

11. dat_leth

dat_leth

Hi,
    I've written you an E-Mail. Please answer as soon as possible.

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  12. im

im

hi, thanks! sounds great, cya :)

13. Mister-D

Mister-D

is it normal image effects dont work with ur camera system?

14. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Ultimate FPS works with (nearly) all the Unity Pro Image Effects. For more info on how to use them see our Image Effects manual chapter.

15. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

UFPS version v1.4.4 is now available in the Asset Store. This is a minor release with some bugfixes, tutorials and additions in preparation for a number of upcoming addons.

$version1.4.4.jpg

The main changes and additions are:
    • Event system update. Among other things, the Activity system has been improved, and UFPS 1.4.x can now be built to iOS.
    • Melee system update to make the system slightly easier to work with. 4 new melee attacks added + a new, big and very detailed Melee Attack tutorial added to the manual.
    • Updated Oculus Rift setup instructions and tips added to the manual.
    • A number of minor bugfixes and additions in preparation for our upcoming addons.
    For detailed release notes, see HERE.

If you haven't picked up Ultimate FPS yet, note that it's currently ON SALE.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  16. im

im

congrats!

can't wait for the addons!

best regards!

17. bubbalovesponge

bubbalovesponge

Not sure what you mean here as this new version is awesome, but still have to strip the code myself for iOS

18. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Hi bubbalovesponge. This just means that the UFPS project can be built to iOS without the compiler crashing. The event system added in v1.4.0 introduced a crash that has been fixed now. This release does nothing else regarding iOS. Built in touch controls and other mobile features are slated for the mobile addon. Please let me know if there is anything else that prevents you from building.

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  19. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

A bug was reported regarding broken melee attacks on the AdvancedPlayer prefab. I have submitted a hotfix to the Asset Store. It should be up there soon. Look for version 1.4.4b. Or, if you want to quick-fix it, see this post.

20. jSoftApps

jSoftApps

Hey VisionPunk! I tried the new version and absolutly loved it. I have some feature requests for the next version though.

1) An easy way to add player legs. It still kinda has that "floating camera" feel to it.
    2)When you push the move backward key on the ladder, your player climbs down the ladder.
    3)(This might not be possible now, but it would be super awesome) A parkour system (kinda like this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N1TJP1cxmo)

Anyway, keep up the good work man! Can't wait to see what comes in the future

21. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Awesome, thanks for sharing this code with the community! For now I think we're good but I'll definitely let you know if we need help.

EDIT: Linked to your tutorial from our new support forum, here.

Thanks

Cal

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  22. im

im

hi

please add more examples?

grenade
    rocket launcher
    sword
    knife
    melee punch

also add crouch and prone, its fps after all and where would any good fps be without them ;)

thanks in advance!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  23. OhiraKyou

OhiraKyou

Does UFPS support split screen multiplayer? Also, movement while crouched is really odd due to it being in steps. Is smooth movement available?

24. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Crouch is a .txt preset. Compare that to the Default (walking) preset and examine them side-by-side. You will still have to do a little work, to tweek it to your requirements, but that examination will show you the smooth movement that you seek.

OOPS, forgot to mention that I have no idea about the side-by-side multiplayer, but that sounds good and it's a great idea! Good Luck!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  25. superme2012

superme2012

Vision Punk is awesome, nice one guys will do quick post at the forum now, questions on new features that I’m sure everyone would want to know.

26. bubbalovesponge

bubbalovesponge

Took about 2 hours but was able to fully add my custom mobile scripting using your 1.44 version.
    Great job on making 1.44 so easy to incorprate additional custom code script to your asset.
    $Screenshot_2013-08-26-13-45-33.png $Screenshot_2013-08-26-13-45-58.png

27. Trollvahkiin

Trollvahkiin

Would it be possible to add a sprint bar? If yes how simple could it be done by someone whos knowledge on c# isn't great.

28. Benji-John93

Benji-John93

aggghhhh any news on when this mobile addon is coming? i need it sooo bad! :/

29. bubbalovesponge

bubbalovesponge

Hopefully my quick short mobile tutorial above will help. I got it to fully work as a mobile and also included the newest versions features as well.

30. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Hi Benji, You can always find the most up to date and detailed release info here.

31. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Hi jSoftapps, All these things are on our list. We just take our time implementing everything so it becomes real high quality ;)

32. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Hi, Crouch is already implemented. For instructions on how to do Prone (which is very easy) see here. A rocket launcher can be easily implemented by putting a gameobject with a simple forward motion script in the Projectile slot of the vp_FPWeaponShooter component. But yeah, we'll do a sample at some point =). For melee, there is a brand new scripting guide here. Also, the latest version has 4 new melee attacks for the mace.

33. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Yes it's possible. Since UFPS comes with full source, all the scripts can also be user modified. With some scripting knowledge everything is possible. Unfortunately I don't have time to write up an example now =/ but ask this question in our support forum and perhaps someone else has an idea.

34. im

im

35. OhiraKyou

OhiraKyou

Still waiting on a conclusive answer as to whether or not split-screen multiplayer is possible. If the system doesn't require explicit access to any one camera, I would assume it's possible. But, I've encountered too many single-camera systems to be sure at this point.

36. TheStone

TheStone

Hi Vision Punk, when will be available the mobile version of the UFPS control....

Thanks!
    TheStone :confused:

37. TheStone

TheStone

Can you tell us when the addon will be out?

38. TheStone

TheStone

When I build the simpler player control fro IOS, it crashes, but when I use the Advance Player control and run it on the IOS, does not crash..

Any hints...

Thank,
    TheStone.

39. Benji-John93

Benji-John93

Must have skipped past that sorry, looks good! :) Ill defiantly give it a try soon! If i have any troubles ill be sure to let you know! :) thanks in advance for the tutorial, looks as though itd work great!

uhhhh...... has the tutorial you put up been removed..? cause i no longer can see it?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  40. TheStone

TheStone

Hi bubbalovesponge,

Can seem to find the tutorial, I will love to look at it, can you post the link, as I clicked and does not take me anywhere...

Thanks,
    TheStone.

41. TheStone

TheStone

agggghhhhrrrr

Where is the tutorial!!! is the second time someone places a ios tutorial and the links are deleted....

42. bubbalovesponge

bubbalovesponge

OK why do my tutorials keep getting deleted? Did someone flag it or something?

43. TheStone

TheStone

I know, it is not fair to do something like that!!!! can you post it again, it is not about the money, if these people had their addon, ready I will buy in a snap and I am sure may people will do too!!! but there are many people that need your tutorial, can you post it again!!!

or post it where they cant delete... hehe and send a private message with the link ;)

Thanks!!!
    The Stone.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  44. BHS

BHS

Is it possible to adjust the animation fire speed? Our animation for firing is 1.2 seconds, which is way too slow. We tried adjusting the fire rate but that only applies to the actual bullets spawning not the animation itself. If you could answer this or provide a solution that'd be great.

45. yung

yung

BHS, I believe you will have to tweak the animation itself in an animation package, unless you use Mecanim, which I believe
    allows tweaking of some sort.

46. jSoftApps

jSoftApps

Well, found a little bug. When your player is crouching or aiming down sights, there is no foot step sounds. Don't know if you did that on purpose but I just noticed that.

47. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Here's something that we've been working on secretly behind the scenes for a long time: a new range of deluxe weapon packs for UFPS! These packages contain true next-gen quality first person weapons with custom reload and fire animations. Also, they include specialized gameplay scripts and elaborate new motion presets tailored to utilize UFPS to the fullest. The first pack has already been submitted to the Asset Store and should go live any day. Here's a teaser trailer:

[video=youtube_share;2s2TXdTMUMs]http://youtu.be/2s2TXdTMUMs

I'll update this post with an asset store link as soon as it's available. I should also add that our weapon pack releases are done in parallel with our big releases (by separate guys) and are not delaying the AI, Mobile or Multiplayer releases in any way :).

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  48. jSoftApps

jSoftApps

Oh. My. Gosh. I am speechless right now. THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!! How much will the extra packs cost? Or will they be added into the main UFPS package for free?

49. Eqric

Eqric

No doubt, i am gonna buy that! :)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  50. TheStone

TheStone

Sooo very Cool!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
unityunity