Search Unity

UFPS : Ultimate FPS [ RELEASED ]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VisionPunk, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbalovesponge

bubbalovesponge

Have to say Love this package. True had to modify it a bit for mobile, but in all has been a great asset to learning Unity and what it can do.
    I still belive a seperate asset package for mobile only should be created and sold.

2. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

EDIT: Latest info available HERE.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  3. carl010010

carl010010

very awesome is their a chance of 1.4.4.1 or 1.4.5 with some swimming action?

4. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Swimming will not be forgotten. Can't tell you quite yet when it will be added though.

5. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

That is fantastic news about a very valuable feature! Can't wait! (This is bigger than Sharknado!)

6. carl010010

carl010010

oh what about a dynamic grenade system, I.E. you could easily make a rocket launcher and easily change it to a grenade launcher. All with variables for distance, drop off, angle of where the projectile comes spawns from(A rocket launcher fires strait but throwing a grenade or firing a grenade launcher would fire in arch) I hope that all made sense, I am a modeler not a coder, so I hope you got all that garbage.

7. radiantboy

radiantboy

AWESOME.. AI is one of the hardest things to do for me, Ive spent months on it, and pathfinding, way points etc :) Im really looking forward to using stuff made by you guys instead of my own hahaha!!!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

8. bubbalovesponge

bubbalovesponge

AWESOME NEWS!!!
    My custom AI works with your tool, but excited to see a better version and very excited.
    Cannot wait to see what and how you guys handle the Mobile version.
    I'll be you Beta tester for sure!!!

P.S. I emailed you My Mobile, AI, ETC. code but never heard from you. Guess they just suck?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  9. J-F

J-F

Wow! Am looking forward for this.

When is this release expected to be out?
    And is the pathfinding dynamic and can it change with the environment?

10. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

One of the example scenes in the A* Pathfinding Project free version demonstrates handling dynamic scene behavior. The graphs for a scene can be updated upon demand. It's going to be a little bit of a learning curve, like what isn't in Unity, but the documentation (http://arongranberg.com/astar/docs/) seems complete and the code (all C#) seems nicely commented. I imagine that Cal and Phato777 are going to make it all even easier for us to use via the event and state system, I mean I don't think they would integrate without making advances. There are just a ton of settings that one can make though, so that is where we will probably need some hand-holding.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  11. fastbomb

fastbomb

I cannot wait for a mobile version of this! I almost purchased the Mobile Starter Pack #1: FPS by Azert2k but maybe I will wait a while.

All the best and thanks for the update!

12. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

Hi there, I'm working on a vehicle based game and wanted to know how best to attach the FPS camera to the vehicle (like a tank turret). I want to mix my vehicle controls (WASD to move the vehicles) and FPS camera to operate the turret (mouse control to pan). I would like to just remove the character controller from the the FPS player and then make the entire FPS player prefab a child of my car, but it seems that most of the FPS scripts depend on having a character controller and on that controller being on the root object.

Any suggestions on how to do this without making changes to the FPS scripts?

13. Toad

Toad

Looking forward to the release of the AI system (and good to hear the mobile version is getting closer to release!). Will it be possible to integrate with Unity's built-in pathfinding instead of Aron Granberg's system?

14. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Maybe something along the lines of how the moving platform / player relationship works might be worth a look. I tried a couple of quick tests that gave unacceptable results, and that surprised me. This might be an easy one that seems tough, or a tough one that seems like it should be easy, I'm not sure which yet.

15. TheStone

TheStone

I cant get the animations to switch... can someone help me? thanks!!!!

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    //

//
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

using UnityEngine;
    //using UnityThreadingHelper;

public class vp_DamageHandler : MonoBehaviour
    {

.... suppress code...

public AnimationClip m_WalkAnimation = null;
    public AnimationClip m_DeathAnimation = null;
    public AnimationClip m_hitAnimation = null;

private AnimationState hit;
    private AnimationState die;

/// <summary>
    ///
    /// </summary>
    protected virtual void Awake()
    {
    animation.wrapMode = WrapMode.Loop;

hit = animation[m_hitAnimation.name];
    hit.layer = 1;
    hit.blendMode = AnimationBlendMode.Additive;

die = animation[m_DeathAnimation.name];
    die.layer = 1;
    die.blendMode = AnimationBlendMode.Additive;

}

/// <summary>
    /// reduces current health by 'damage' points and kills the
    /// object if health runs out
    /// </summary>
    public virtual void Damage(float damage)
    {

if (!enabled)
    return;

if (!vp_Utility.IsActive(gameObject))
    return;

if (m_CurrentHealth <= 0.0f)
    return;

if(m_hitAnimation != null)
    {
    animation.CrossFade(m_hitAnimation.name, 0.1f);
    }

m_CurrentHealth = Mathf.Min(m_CurrentHealth - damage, MaxHealth);

if (m_CurrentHealth <= 0.0f)
    {

if (m_Audio != null)
    {
    m_Audio.pitch = Time.timeScale;
    m_Audio.PlayOneShot(DeathSound);
    }

vp_Timer.In(Random.Range(MinDeathDelay, MaxDeathDelay), Die);
    return;
    }

// TIP: if you want to do things like play a special impact
    // sound upon every hit (but only if the object survives)
    // this is the place

}

// Update is called once per frame
    void Update ()
    {
    animation.CrossFade(m_WalkAnimation.name);
    }

/// <summary>
    /// removes the object, plays the death effect and schedules
    /// a respawn if enabled, otherwise destroys the object
    /// </summary>
    public virtual void Die()
    {

if (!enabled || !vp_Utility.IsActive(gameObject))
    return;

RemoveBulletHoles();

if (m_DeathAnimation != null)
    {
    animation.CrossFade(m_DeathAnimation.name, 0.5f );
    }

vp_Utility.Activate(gameObject, false);

if (DeathEffect != null)
    Object.Instantiate(DeathEffect, transform.position, transform.rotation);

foreach (GameObject o in DeathSpawnObjects)
    {
    if(o != null)
    Object.Instantiate(o, transform.position, transform.rotation);
    }

if (Respawns)
    vp_Timer.In(Random.Range(MinRespawnTime, MaxRespawnTime), Respawn);
    else
    Object.Destroy(gameObject);

}

/// <summary>
    /// respawns the object if no other object is occupying the
    /// respawn area. otherwise reschedules respawning
    /// </summary>
    protected virtual void Respawn()
    {

// return if the object has been destroyed (for example
    // as a result of loading a new level while it was gone)
    if (this == null)
    return;

// don't respawn if checkradius contains the local player or props
    // TIP: this can be expanded upon to check for alternative object layers
    if (Physics.CheckSphere(m_StartPosition, RespawnCheckRadius, vp_Layer.Mask.PhysicsBlockers))
    {
    // attempt to respawn again until the checkradius is clear
    vp_Timer.In(Random.Range(MinRespawnTime, MaxRespawnTime), Respawn);
    return;
    }

Reset();

Reactivate();

}

/// <summary>
    /// resets health, position, angle and motion
    /// </summary>
    protected virtual void Reset()
    {

m_CurrentHealth = MaxHealth;
    transform.position = m_StartPosition;
    transform.rotation = m_StartRotation;
    if (rigidbody != null !rigidbody.isKinematic)
    {
    rigidbody.angularVelocity = Vector3.zero;
    rigidbody.velocity = Vector3.zero;
    }

}

/// <summary>
    /// reactivates object and plays spawn sound
    /// </summary>
    protected virtual void Reactivate()
    {

vp_Utility.Activate(gameObject);

if (m_Audio != null)
    {
    m_Audio.pitch = Time.timeScale;
    m_Audio.PlayOneShot(RespawnSound);
    }

}

/// <summary>
    /// removes any bullet decals currently childed to this object
    /// </summary>
    protected virtual void RemoveBulletHoles()
    {

foreach (Transform t in transform)
    {
    Component[] c;
    c = t.GetComponents<vp_HitscanBullet>();
    if (c.Length != 0)
    Object.Destroy(t.gameObject);
    }

}

/// <summary>
    ///
    /// </summary>
    void OnCollisionEnter(Collision collision)
    {

float force = collision.impactForceSum.sqrMagnitude * 0.1f;

float damage = (force > ImpactDamageThreshold) ? (force * ImpactDamageMultiplier) : 0.0f;

if (damage > 0.0f)
    {
    if (m_CurrentHealth - damage <= 0.0f)
    MaxDeathDelay = MinDeathDelay = 0.0f;

Damage(damage);
    }

}

/// <summary>
    /// [DEPRECATED] Please use the 'DeathSpawnObjects' array instead.
    /// </summary>
    public GameObject DeathEffect = null;

// UnityThreading.ActionThread myThread;

/// <summary>
    /// Thread Functions
    /// </summary>//
    // void Start()
    // {
    // myThread = UnityThreadHelper.CreateThread(DoThreadWork);
    // }
    //
    // void DoThreadWork()
    // {
    // check if we should stop
    //if (thread.ShouldStop)
    //return; // finish

// more processing when we should not stop yet

// // processing
    // }

// UnityThreading.ActionThread myThread;
    //
    // void Start()
    //
    // {
    //
    // myThread = UnityThreadHelper.CreateThread(() =>
    //
    // {
    //
    // // processing
    //
    // });
    //
    // }

}

16. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Is it the DeathAnimation that isn't working? Is it not "switching" because the object is already destroyed? Toss in some Debug.Log lines to save your sanity. :)

17. TheStone

TheStone

Thanks a lot, BrandSpankingNew! I was able to get to work something... I have commented couple lines of code, but I am still having some problems... I made a small screen shot so you can see better what is happening. Hope you can help me, I know it has to be something simple...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG7gZ-aIukw

public virtual void Die()
    {

if (!enabled || !vp_Utility.IsActive(gameObject))
    return;

RemoveBulletHoles();

if (m_DeathAnimation != null)
    {
    animation.CrossFade(m_DeathAnimation.name, 0.5f );
    }

// vp_Utility.Activate(gameObject, false);

if (DeathEffect != null)
    Object.Instantiate(DeathEffect, transform.position, transform.rotation);

foreach (GameObject o in DeathSpawnObjects)
    {
    if(o != null)
    Object.Instantiate(o, transform.position, transform.rotation);
    }
    // yield return new WaitForSeconds(10);

// if (Respawns)
    // vp_Timer.In(Random.Range(MinRespawnTime, MaxRespawnTime), Respawn);
    // else
    // Object.Destroy(gameObject);

}

18. Firgof

Firgof

Can't get UFPS to play footsteps in my scene. I did get them working *just* at the start with the default values of the Advanced Player, but only in one section of the map and only while sprinting. I've tried playing with Step Offset as I figured that might be what's controlling the distance between each footstep but apparently not.

Can someone inform me how UFPS' footstep manager decides to play a footstep sound and how to tweak it to fit my much slower walking?

19. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

One thing I was able to do to hack it without changing any of the FPS scripts was to just add a new script to the FPS player that just updated it's position to the position of my vehicle in the update function, then disabled the character controller on start, disabled the FPS camera and attached a new camera as a child that was offset from the weapon camera. That looks okay, it's not perfect, and seems a bit hacky. Wish there was just a way to not rely on the character controller and just add the whole thing as a child of a vehicle.

20. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

I would suggest that you simplify things by disabling the Demo component in that scene. The next friendly advice that I would give you is that you should probably be running your hit and death animations from a separate script by using the event handler. For now, just try running your hit animation at the end of the Damage routine where you see the "//TIP: ...". Also, I would run the death animation based upon Damage, and not from within Die. Your scripts, if you keep on like this, will not be updateable without a lot of painful redoing. If you have not read the manual about how to use the event system, then you are causing yourself a lot of extra work. It is one of the best features of the system and can make your work much easier and less confusing.

21. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Sounds good. What I did was put a simple GetAxis steering script onto a flattened cube (the tank!), with "gameObject.layer = vp_Layer.MovableObject;" in the Start. I set up a Horizontal2 and a Vertical2 in the Input Preferences, using keys other than WSAD to drive the tank. The vp_FPController treats my tank just as if it is a legitimate vp_MovingPlatform, without using that script. It keeps the player nailed, as long as I steer using the tank keys, and I am able to "exit" the tank using our normal wsad keys. The "tank" does jitter a little, but only when the player is riding. But, I was just testing. Good luck!

22. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

All that I have had to do is the standard stuff of associating textures with a surface name and the sounds to play for that texture, from within the footstep manager inspector. I have not had to touch any of the player physics. I think DemoScene3 uses several textures, Rock, Grass, etc., maybe glance at how that is set up, or at least see if you make some noise there.

23. Cube Boy

Cube Boy

Hi, recently purchased this asset and I must say it's awesome! I have a few queries though, they probably have been asked and answered already but I sorta don't want to look through all 102 pages of this thread.
    The first one is how to get activities working, the manual wasn't very in depth on that topic and whenever i drag vp_Activity onto either my player, camera or weapon it says "Can't add script behaviour vp_Activity. The script needs to derive from MonoBehaviour!".
    Also it seems that the recoil doesn't get affected by the weapon look sway, or bobbing, so when i fire and move the mouse around a lot and walk around it stays the same, without rotating normally. For me this makes it look really unrealistic.
    Lastly I have a sound that plays when I fire, assigned by the sound section of vp_FPWeapon Shooter. I want it to play the whole sound (which contains the gun firing once and the echo of it in an open mountainous area) when I fire once, and it does that. When I hold click to fire multiple bullets the sound cuts itself off to play again, not overlapping. Any help with these problems is appreciated :)

24. TheStone

TheStone

Thanks! BSN. you have good points!!! I will do those things, specially the one, about updating! I forgot about that one.

Sincerely,
    TheStone.

PS.
    BTW, do you know of any good book that you recommend?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  25. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

I believe that using PlayOneShot, instead of Play, will fix your sound issue. The vp_Activity thing is too intense for me to try to explain, I'm sorry. Cal or Phato777 would have to spend the week doing that I'm afraid. :) I will just say that vp_Activity extends the functionality of the event system. That script is not really dropped onto a gameobject anywhere that I have seen. I think the easiest place to get a handle on what it does is by studying, and trying to understand, all of the interactions that are taking place when one attempts to climb a climbable object. Look in vp_Climb and understand how that relates to vp_FPPlayerEventHandler, which is the clearing house for all of the vp_Activity messages that might be sent from any script. Then, trace that message flow back to vp_Activity and think about the work that it is doing in that complex climbing operation. That climbing would be in DemoScene3 or even the Earthquake part of DemoScene1 ... but I think the climbing stuff is easier to follow. In short, vp_Activity is a logic and state checking machine. Someone who knows about springs, and all of that other complex motion stuff, will have to help you with your motion problem. I never touch that stuff.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  26. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Do you mean a Unity book, or ... ? I really think that reading all kinds of forums, using Bing or Google to drill-down into your specific problem or question, is where you will find the best information. I think that Unity changes too fast for a book to not be stale pretty quickly. Also, the tutorial series that Unity has created is just excellent. Of course, one must take the time to do the exercises and be ready to re-watch the segments until it all sinks in. The desire to rush ahead, without mastering and understanding the fundamentals, leaving large holes in ones knowledge, is the root of all churn and frustration.

27. TheStone

TheStone

Thanks amigo,

I been watching the digital tutors videos, (paid subscription ) they are great, but I see your point, I been developing software for over 20 years... and you really do much learning just the language syntax.... c++, c#, etc, you need to learn, OOD,OOA, the framework classes, Threads, collections, etc, plus the framework classes for the GUI, and on and on and on...

I need to take the time, and do it right.

Thanks for all your healthy advise, and the time to answer.

I been llooking for the documentation of Unity Demos, but the only one I found was of Penelope... Bootcamp, does not have a pdf? AngryBots ? if you can give me a link for their docs, will be great!

TheStone.

28. Cube Boy

Cube Boy

Thanks, I had a suspicion that I needed to change something in the script but didn't know where or how. Now i'll sort through the Weapon Shooter script and change it.

*EDIT*
    Doesn't work. This is written under the sound section of the script:

// LORE: we must use 'Play' rather than 'PlayOneShot' for the
    // AudioSource to be regarded as 'isPlaying' which is needed
    // for 'vp_ComponentDeactivateWhenSilent'

(In between Component and Deactivate there is supposed to be a : but here it gets registered as a smilie face because D is right after it lol)

Suggestions?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  29. arcdragon1

arcdragon1

Hi.
    I'm in trouble.
    I want to separate the number of magazine (Clips) in each weapon!
    I change this following.
    AdvancedDemoPlayer->Vp_SimpleInventory Component->WeaponTypes->1Pistol->ClipType
    From "AmmoClip" to "1Pistol"
    But not working...
    Could you help me?

30. arcdragon1

arcdragon1

solution!
    vp_ammo_pickup->IventoryName-> 1Pistol

31. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

I see that. Rats! uhhhh... I really don't know. I suppose that you could override Fire and PlayFireSound and handle your own housekeeping as in vp_Component. I do not know. :-?

EDIT:
    Since PlayOneShot always returns false in isPlaying, I wonder what the odds are that your gameobject would be getting deactivated while your longer sound is playing? In a quick test, using the standard shot sounds, I am not able to cause a problem. Maybe you should test too. And, as well as I can tell, DeactivateWhenSilent is only called when you switch weapons. Can you switch weapons before your echo stops playing?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  32. MoHoe

MoHoe

Love this kit guys but I was thinking does the recoil springs only effect the visual aspect? because when I shoot rapidly I can the gun is pointing in the air but the bullets are going straight ahead.

Can you explain to me the recoil effects on the bullets?

PS you guys should charge a bit more... it seems unfair your giving so much and yet receiving so little

33. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Hello everyone.

Here's a small tribute to the creativity of the UFPS community! Thanks to everyone who provided footage. Keep showing off your progress! It's so fun to see your games take shape.

/Cal

[video=youtube_share;PeH_1MQIhHc]http://youtu.be/PeH_1MQIhHc

34. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Yeah that's the case. Recoil is purely visual and does not affect bullet trajectory by default afaik. Bullets are actually fired from the camera I believe. This should be fairly easy to change though. Since the weapon transform position and direction is known you can just fire the bullet from that instead of the camera transform. Hope this gives you ideas. Let me know if you need more pointers.

/C

35. MoHoe

MoHoe

thanks for the suggestion.

Just out of curiosity did you try that before? from gun?

If not then why did you choose to shoot from cam instead of gun?

36. J-F

J-F

I wasn't actually sure if slender the arrival used UFPS until that video confirmed it. I played it trough few months ago and i kept thinking why the character behaviour seems so familiar.

37. Orion_Reed

Orion_Reed

Hey, bought UFPS a while ago and absolutely love it, me and my co-workers have been integrating it into our own code and its working beautifully. but we've reached somewhat of a bottleneck, one of our features is reversible gravity, but we cant find any way of doing this, of course we can change the gravity modifier, but that seems un-smooth unless the player is moving, could you please tell me where to look if i want to flip the player upside down and switch the gravity?

Thanks, Orion.

38. adamz

adamz

Cal,

you mentioned in your FAQs that multiplayer support will be released sometime this summer. Any idea of when that might be? Also, what features will available?

The movement is procedural, correct? Would this be an easy system to use to integrate a fully modeled character and movement animations, instead of just the arms/weapons?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  39. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

I believe that the character controller needs to have Y pointing "up", the real, normal "up". Some people have solved this by going the route of using a rigidbody in some manner, and I know that this issue, and that of "walking on walls" (or something like that), has been mentioned somewhere in these pages in the past, but I can't find that discussion to point you to an answer that VP has given us in the past.... I think. duh. :(

40. superme2012

superme2012

Sorry been so silent, have the fulltime job going on and beefing up my game project. I got something really good going on with the UFPSC. Pro artist hooked up with me to create the project, so must be good ;p..

41. TheStone

TheStone

I am going again over the documentation... and I found that :
    ---------------------------
    1. Declaring an event

Open the vp_PlayerEventHandler.cs script and add a new event declaration:
    public vp_Message<string> PrintSomething;
    ---------------------------
    the "vp_PlayerEventHAndler.cs" does not exist.. did they meant "vp_EventHandler" ??? :-?

Thanks!

42. Orion_Reed

Orion_Reed

Thanks for the feedback, could you please explain the ideas behind using a rigidbody if you can?
    Much appreciated, Orion.

43. Benji-John93

Benji-John93

Hey im having trouble with reloading.. i have reload set to 2.5 seconds, no animation but i have a sound that goes for 2.5 seconds, i have adjust the reload script to hide the gun off screen, but for some reason when i reload it comes back onto the screen after about 1 second and the sound still plays and gun can not fire, how can i make the gun stay hidden for the entire 2.5 seconds? :/

Thanks in advance! love UFPS btw, purely amazing!

44. Ringpro

Ringpro

Hi. I recently bought UFPS and I think it is generally a cool product. However I do have one big issue.

Whenever I put an object as child of the player (if I want something to follow the player around) that object will look like it jitters. The same happens if I run after a moving object that has approximately the same speed as the player controller. Then that object will look like it is stuttering and not moving smoothly. This is an issue with the vp_FPCamera script. If I turn that off, the objects are looking completely smooth. More specifically it looks like it is a problem with the spring physics. How can I solve this? I should be able to run at the same speed as other objects without them stuttering like crazy.

This is not just an issue with the way I have used/setup the scripts. I have tested this in the demo scenes that comes with the package and the same issue appears. If I put a ball in the scene and run after it, the ball will look like it is jittering, unless I disable the vp_FPCamera script.

Could you please look into this issue? Thanks in advance.

- Jacob

45. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

My only experience with this is based upon a few minutes of reading some Google search results yesterday. "Unity walk on ceiling" and "Unity walk on wall" both give about the same answers. Here is a link to a rigidbody based FPSController that may be of some help. http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php/RigidbodyFPSWalker Scroll down that page for the C#.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  46. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

If it is the Pistol, you might be able to adjust the timers in vp_FPPistolReloader, or even write your own OnStart_Reload() that breaks up the actions of the Reload and Reload2 presets. As in breaking up the reload into a couple of coroutines with a single yield return new WaitForSeconds(2) or what ever delay you desire. Maybe it's not the pistol though ... shouldn't make us guess so much! ;)

47. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

I am guessing that you are really making the sphere a child of the camera, right, and not the player (not on the same level as the camera) ? Do you have any type of script on the sphere? If yes, then are you moving the sphere in Update? If yes, then try placing that stuff into FixedUpdate instead.

48. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Yes, you have a simple typing error somewhere.

49. Glazer

Glazer

^Same question.

I'm really hoping it's not the "cloud" server system or whatever. I'd like to be able to link the game to SQL save user data such as player kills/deaths, weapons players are able to earn, etc. I've seen multiplayer setup in ways it makes that impossible so that's my only concern.

50. Benji-John93

Benji-John93

Ahhh my bad BrandSpankingNew, i have a bad habit of leaving out important information sometimes :p but yeah it is the pistol, thanks for that ill try it and let you know! cheers! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
unityunity