Search Unity

UFPS : Ultimate FPS [ RELEASED ]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VisionPunk, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uni7y

uni7y

is there any news on mobile version? That would be so great!!

2. Ahdireyo

Ahdireyo

Bug where if you have an object and within that object is the vp_climb script your player can keep going down as if your still on the object your using. For instance- your box that contains the vp_climb script is about 5ft tall, your player can climb down past that 5ft even though you ended the object at 5ft. So it continues to climb past that. Not climbing up, which is good. But just pointing this out, if you could fix this... This scenario would be on edges of buildings

3. SuperPunk

SuperPunk

Confirmed, the player seems to remain climbing downwards even tho the ladder and the collider end. This is not a bug, just extra functionality needed, think broken ladders.

O yeah, SuperPunk is in the house ;)

4. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Yay, meet SuperPunk, our new forum support guy =)

5. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Yes, I can say development on the mobile version is going really well and is in a very progressed state. Hopefully I'll be able to share more info soon.

6. uni7y

uni7y

that is great news! and BTW I agree with "makeshiftwings" you guys should increase the price :)

7. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Audio Listener controls volume. Here is a link to a slider control, from the Unity manual, that you could adapt for a gui volume control. http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/GUI.HorizontalSlider.html Remember that max volume is 1 and mute is zero.

8. yung

yung

Do anyone have any idea how I could control the speed of transition from standing to crouch and vice versa? I managed to make a snappier camera crouch
    transition by increasing the Spring stiffness and spring damping, but there is still that one second ish delay before I could press crouch and the camera will react and crouch again.

Another thing is if it's possible to add recoil to the camera everytime the gun is shot. Basically each time the player fires a bullet, I would like to displace the camera a little bit , but if he continuously fire, the effect is stronger.

Appreciate any tips or help on this. Cheers!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  9. XilenceX

XilenceX

I am currently in the process of porting my game over from UDK to Unity. The UFPS plugin looks like it might speed up the process quite a bit. However I am not sure if it is a good match for what I am trying to achieve. Here is a video of an early version in UDK which shows the gameplay I am going for.

So clearly it is quite different from the modern weapon shooter this seems to be primarily aimed at. In my game the player only has his wand as a "weapon", but instead he has many particle effect based spells to choose from. Which would also require animatons that look like spell casting rather than gun shooting. So before I buy I'd like to know is there a quick way of doing this with this plugin?

10. Benji-John93

Benji-John93

Can anyone help me? im trying to adjust the weapon for when i aim(zoom) i wanna move the weapon so the iron sights line up with the crosshair..?

11. Ahdireyo

Ahdireyo

for the vp_climb, how would I go about making the player stop when it go onto an object with vp_climb on it. For instance- the player runs and jumps onto an edge of a wall, before climbing over, which would look like the player is holding on the edge if you have first person hands on the edge. And you cant move down, but move left and right. How would be able to do that- stop while holding on the edge, and only move left and right... Is this possible to add in the next update, as an option?

12. SuperPunk

SuperPunk

For the crouch, check out “ Crouch.MinDuration ” under the vp_FPPlayerEventHandler.

For the kick back and depending on the kind of functionality you’re looking for, you could use “ForceImpact” or create a custom camera force under vp_FPCamera, you can see some of the already created camera forces “OnMessage_GroundStomp”, “OnMessage_BombShake”.

ForceImpact will move the player and a camera force will only move the camera, however I believe a camera force resets to the original position. For more details on the events system check out http://tinyurl.com/qdhpjeu

Simple force impact script attached, this script setup can also be used for the “camera force”.

View attachment $JumpPad.cs

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  13. J-F

J-F

Unfortunately they don't. I've tried tweaking the audio source but it just aint working.

EDIT:
    nvm got it working.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  14. superme2012

superme2012

A.I Day 3

[video=youtube_share;jhECe_-e2bw]http://youtu.be/jhECe_-e2bw

Next is sound work!

15. cl-apps

cl-apps

Really looking forward to some mobile iOS support. Playing around with this is really fun and some cool games can be made! just need some iOS support out of the box and this would be complete.

16. Benji-John93

Benji-John93

Hey im having trouble when trying to change a weapons state, im trying to change the zoom state but when i try and replace the original(drag and drop onto) i get this:

Error: The file 'WeaponPistolZoom' does not contain a preset of type 'vp_FPSWeapon'.

Please help guys! :/

And cl-apps, I cant wait either! its gonna be an amazing feature to have, this kit really is destroying the others on the asset store and its less then half the price!

17. Benji-John93

Benji-John93

** Also if anyone can help me with removing the cross hair when aiming? its very painful

18. mfcw

mfcw

I've encountered this problem. A workaround is to delete the state then create it again - doing this should let you drag your modified zoom file onto the zoom state.

19. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Do you mean that you want the crosshair just some of the time? If you don't want a crosshair at all, but you do still want the interact images, you could just make a tiny little tga with zero visible layers and zero opacity. Easier than writing any code, but that's just me :rolleyes:

20. Benji-John93

Benji-John93

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  21. Benji-John93

Benji-John93

Thanks, worked a charm! :)

Uh i wanna keep the cross hairs there at all times expect for when i "zoom" with weapons i want it to disapear when zooming and re-appear when i stop zooming, anyway i can do this?

22. phato777

phato777

You can try this. Basically gets a reference to the crosshair script and disables it when zoom starts and enables it again when zoom stops. Just replace the Awake method in vp_FPInput with the following.

Code (csharp):
    2. protected vp_SimpleCrosshair m_Crosshair = null;
    3. protected virtual void Awake()
    4. {
    6.     Player = (vp_FPPlayerEventHandler)transform.root.GetComponentInChildren(typeof(vp_FPPlayerEventHandler));
    8.     m_FPCamera = GetComponentInChildren<vp_FPCamera>();
    10.     m_Crosshair = GetComponent<vp_SimpleCrosshair>();
    12. }
    15. protected virtual void OnStart_Zoom()
    16. {
    18.     m_Crosshair.enabled = false;
    20. }
    23. protected virtual void OnStop_Zoom()
    24. {
    26.     m_Crosshair.enabled = true;
    28. }

23. J-F

J-F

I used public virtual void to recive the message. It worked but i can't find a way to toggle it as there is no "else" that can be connected to the script.

24. Benji-John93

Benji-John93

Thank you so much, worked exactly how i wanted to! perfect! :D

25. yung

yung

Thanks! I've managed to find the min crouch duration and tweak it.

I've had a feeling that would be the way. I am trying my best not to tweak the original scripts as I am afraid it would clash with future updates for UFPS.
    I will try the mentioned CameraForce.

Cheers!

26. EliteMossy

EliteMossy

You simply derive from the original classes, i have done it to all classes i have modified in UFPS.

27. yung

yung

EliteMossy: I don't quite understand, does that mean for example the vp_FPController, I create a new script that inherits it and add on top of that? How would that affect the editor?

28. phato777

phato777

Unfortunately Unity doesn't let you use an editor class for 2 classes (which in most cases would be silly) so you have to duplicate the editor class and make it specific for the new class that inherits from the original.

29. yung

yung

Hmm that makes sense, I will try out that method, thanks for the advice, phato!

30. AIM

AIM

I have problem of presets animation(Weapon) on iOS Devices. It isn't play any animations(reload, zoom, run and crouch). What can i do anything to solve this problem about presets animation?

***sorry for my bad English XD

31. Andy2222

Andy2222

Can someone explain this code "magic" and the concept behind it?

I just came across this in the turretAi example:

Code (csharp):
    2. void Update()
    3.     {
    4. ...
    6. vp_Timer.In(WakeInterval, delegate()
    7.             {
    8.                 if (m_Target == null)
    9.                     m_Target = ScanForLocalPlayer();
    10.                 else
    11.                     m_Target = null;
    12.             }, m_Timer);
    14. ....
    15. }
    17. Transform ScanForLocalPlayer()
    18.     {
    19. }
    I understand the basic logic behind the timer, but handing over "Lines of code" to a timer function/delegate to execute looks like magic to me as c++ programmer? I assume thats the advantage of c#.

This is used quite often and i see the advantage if u don't want to create a XYTimer function, but in most cases there is a Timer related function setup anyway, so only a simple if/else case is often used as argument. So whats the concept/idea behind setting "m_Target" in the timer directly, instead of inside ScanForLocalPlayer()?

Plz enlighten me!

bye Andy

32. zachl99

zachl99

hi

I have recently downloaded this asset and i have tried to add a health bar to my game using a GUI texture but it doesnt seem to appear on screen in the game but when i use a regular first person controller it does...
    any help would be great

thanks,
    Zach

33. superme2012

superme2012

I had the very same problem first time I got to the GUI layer. If you are using the advanced player, check out the vp_SimpleHud.cs, its attached to the "AdvancedPlayer" in the Hierarchy.

34. zachl99

zachl99

thanks for the help :grin:

35. fastbomb

fastbomb

Hey guys! First of all, I absolutely love this template! Congrats and many thanks to VisionPunk for creating this collection of wonderful assets.

I may get shunned for this but has anyone had recent success converting the new build into a mobile friendly application? I have tried using a number of the examples from bubbalovesponge and radiantboy found in the faq without any real success.

All the best and thanks in advance for any additional information someone may have. I am really new to Unity 3D and will keep working at it on my own.

36. WillOfTom

WillOfTom

Hey everyone, thought I'd post a bit of progress on my roguelike FPS.

Here's a new video:

I've now got a procedural weapon and projectile generator working which easily integrates with UFPS. I only had to add a single, short function a single class to get it working with my system. It supports picking up and throwing weapons, which is good, since there's probably millions of different weapons the generator can produce.

You can also play a build here.

37. J-F

J-F

So is there another way to receive a message than public virtual void? Because it can't toggle booleans with it, and my work depends on it.

38. superme2012

superme2012

Not tried this yet, can you post some code? I will then take a look at it for you ;)

39. J-F

J-F

Okay, i'll PM it to you so that i won't break any rules.

40. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Hair pulling ..

I have a situation where my enemies are falling through the terrain after killing the player. I have the min and max respawn delay set to the "standard" 3 seconds. Occasionally this gives the enemy time to walk around on my corpse, while continuing to fire. That is a desired effect. These boys are hostile after all. The problem is that unless I set the min and max delays to near zero, ruining the effect of course, the enemy falls through the terrain at the exact moment that the player respawns. It is as though the player is making a hole in the ground! :D Any clues, suggestions, hard slaps, etc., would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  41. superme2012

superme2012

Sounds like something to do with colliders or rigidbody’s. The AI enemies may be within the players collider and when he re-spawns making them glitch.

42. superme2012

superme2012

Did some more work on the A.I, I added in some basic sounds to.

Now I watch the vid, its not that bad ;)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  43. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

That could be. I should then be able to position 2 cubes, with the damage handling script on one of them, so that they are "within" each other's colliders and then destroy the scripted cube and watch the other fall through the floor. I shall try. The camera moves 1 meter forward of the player while player.dead.active, so the AI is really stomping on the camera, not my player per say, but I see what you mean and I will check. Thank you. What I have done, for the moment, is check that player.dead.active activity and stop my AI from moving farther toward the player ... they still shoot, but it is not nearly as satisfying as being stomped. :)

44. radiantboy

radiantboy

Very cool! genuinely scary, and awesome AI..

45. Daniel DBA

Daniel DBA

I love this! Looks addicting.

46. Daniel DBA

Daniel DBA

Sorry for the low quality video... This game is in alpha. My next steps are to add a menu system and figure out touch controls. Then I need to get crackin on map making.

Zombie horde rushing in:

snag the AI by shooting in the foot... can only kill with a bullet to the head:

@Visionpunk: Thank you for the awesomeness that is UFPS!!!

47. superme2012

superme2012

It’s slowly getting there, if I add good model, better animation and sound then it’s convincing. It is surprisingly competitive, I made it to keep the player moving and it’s working well so far.

48. yung

yung

Probably a noob question but could someone give me some advice on how extending those scripts work?

Right now I am merely adding and changing stuffs directly in vp_FPController and I would like to transfer that to a new vp_FPControllerEX or something.
    I tried doing a simple empty script and replaced that in the demo player, and now the camera doesn't work. I am assuming if I extend and replace the vp_FPController, I would have to do it for all ?

Daniel DBA, that looks pretty awesome! It looks right now the game could really use a melee button, to at least push zombies back. Nice work!

Thanks for the advice

49. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

It does look like fun! I think you might need a bigger gun in that neighborhood! :p
    So, it looks like your enemies are able to stomp all over you after you are down and you have not noticed any of them falling through the floor, right? I must be cursed...

50. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

A simple place to start, if I am understanding what you are asking, would be to look carefully at the way each of the "pickup" scripts extends the original vp_Pickup script. That should give you the start that you need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.