Search Unity

UFPS : Ultimate FPS [ RELEASED ]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VisionPunk, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J-F

J-F

YES! Exactly what i needed. Now i can scrap my glitchy prototypes :D

Also some stuff i might want to note from the demo, Sometimes when i died (shot by the turret). The turret still keeps shooting for some time at the point where you died, and if the turret shoots an explosive box, the explosion form it makes the character die twice. Which results to respawning 2 times. It doesn't bother me much but just letting you know.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  2. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

Manual as PDF?
    Will there be a copy of the manual made available soon?

3. phato777

phato777

No, it just has to have a collider on it. In the manual there are instructions on how to setup an object to be climbable, this should help you out.

4. Daniel DBA

Daniel DBA

No idea. The AK47 is not part of the UFPS kit. I added it and it works great. Then I tried to add the animations in the UFPS settings and got the error. The animation is part of the fbx and plays in the "preview" view in Unity. To add the AK to the advanced player prefab, I dragged the model to the FPSCamera and then copy and pasted the 3Machinegun vp_ components to the new AK. I also attempted to add an animator and an animation object to the new AK.

Am I just missing some newbie step? When I add a model to the scene does the animation not go with it? Why is Unity calling the object "AK47 (Clone)", I named it 5AK47?

Thanks!

5. Daniel DBA

Daniel DBA

I figured this one out. Had to set the enemy to layer 27 and then add a collider for the bullets to hit on the child (the model) of the enemy. The sphere in the AI is a trigger and hence was colliding with the bullets from UFPS.

6. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Awesome update!
    All the feature I wished in one update...wow".

some notes:
    - path type "target" in "moving platform" supports only 2 waypoints: could be very usefull have the abilities to use target path system also for non linear paths.
    - "moving platform" rotation interpolation is no applied if no movement is detected. (for ex. if you want to use this system for normal doors(nort sliding ) when the only differents between waypoints is the angle. Now is doable with adding an small offset to the secon waypoint.)
    Max

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  7. J-F

J-F

Also i noticed a second bug, You can easily do this with any ladder:
    $glitch.png

You won't only fall trough the ground, But the player keeps staying on "invisible ladders" and you can go as high or low as you want.

To reproduce this, First walk up the ladder all the way, Then look down and walk forward which makes you descend the ladder, then as you hit the ground you will notice that the player goes trough the ground a little bit. After that just look up and hold S, the player will descend trough the ground.

And also, When your player goes so deep underground that it respawns due to the player's maximum range, if you stay still when you respawn, you will notice that you float in mid air. If you don't move your mouse, the player can move forwards, upwards, and backwards in mid air. Also while in this condition the player can walk trough walls and won't interact with other colliders or so on.

Plus i don't think this needs to be fixed, but worth mentioning. This one is hard to pull off and works best with very small pickable objects. But this can be done with the small explosive boxes found on the roof of the demo scene. When you jump on a small object and quickly pick it up and turn your view up at the same, Your player will fly really far up and really fast. the player reaches its maximum distance just in few seconds. This can be done when the player is in its normal state, but this can be easier to pull off if you use the slow motion and speed pickup at the same time (slomo is for making your reaction time longer and speed pickup just boosts the effect of this glitch). Im not sure if this is worth fixing because this was quite hard to reproduce, I only managed to do it twice with the player in normal state, and four times with both speed and slomo pickups.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  8. phato777

phato777

Thanks for your input.

All these issues is because essentially the collider for the climbable should be a separate GameObject from the actual mesh. This actually allows more versatility because you can put an invisible collider anywhere and be able to climb it, for instance a wall that has little protrusions acting as foot and grab handles could have an invisible collider with a vp_Climb component on it, lined up with these handles in order to allow the player to climb.

Proper setup of the climbable collider object is essential for climbing to operate properly.

9. phato777

phato777

Hi J-F,

We'll definitely look into getting these anomalies sorted out. Thanks for the heads up.

10. radiantboy

radiantboy

Got my Oculus Rift today!! Anyone tried adjusting ufps to the Rift yet? Tips appreciated :)

PS, WOW an update so soon, I only just realised, its like christmas! Thanks again VP I cant wait to try the new features out!!! As always excellent work.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  11. phato777

phato777

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to dismiss your findings. One thing that may be causing an issue is the scale of the collider object. Instead of scaling the object the collider is on, try to adjust the scale of the actual collider and see if that helps.

12. jrkienle

jrkienle

Hey visionpunk, I have ran into a little problem. I created a projectile (non-hitscan) based weapon script but whenever you fire, it seems to damage (and occasionally collide with) you when you shoot. Here's my script:
    Code (csharp):
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. using System.Collections;
    6. public class Projectile : MonoBehaviour {
    9.     public Transform projectile;
    10.     public float force = 2000;
    11.     public float damage = 10;
    13.     // Update is called once per frame
    14.     void Start () {
    15.         rigidbody.AddForce(transform.forward * force);
    16.     }
    19.     void OnCollisionEnter(Collision collision)
    20.     {
    21.         collision.collider.SendMessageUpwards("Damage", damage, SendMessageOptions.DontRequireReceiver);
    22.     }
    23. }
    Any way to fix this?

13. WillOfTom

WillOfTom

You can put projectiles in a different layer and in the project's physic's settings, set it to ignore collisions between LocalPlayer and your projectile layer. If you do want projectiles to collide with the player, just not instantly, you can set a timer when the projectile spawns, set your Physics.IgnoreCollisions between the projectile's and the player's colliders and then re-enable them after the timer runs out. Make sure to check vp_Layer so you know which layer the player's set to.

The problem is that the projectile's spawning right on your camera so it's instantly colliding with the player. You could also set the projectile to spawn just in front of the player, outside it's collider.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  14. carl010010

carl010010

VisionPunk I have a question, where is the scene with the top-notch latter system, the container demolition and randomly spawning, and the scriptable triggers and switches? I would really like to be able to study and new features in action. Also thank you for your hard work on this wonderful asset.

15. superme2012

superme2012

16. superme2012

superme2012

it could be the projectile instance created within the player’s collider? Would be the first thing I would check.

If so activate the collider in flight. If not then it is possible the colliders are touching but it can’t be seen.

There has to be a connection in order for this to fire "void OnCollisionEnter(Collision collision)"

I am guessing the "collision.collider.SendMessageUpwards" is to be sent to the player?

17. J-F

J-F

Could add that spehere trigger around your AI character to the ignore raycast layer, I think that would fix the floating bulletholes. At least it worked for me but that was around version 1.3.

18. J-F

J-F

I have a problem with the interaction scripts. I removed my old interaction system and started updating, however i don't know how a script of mine can receive a message from the interaction script. Which function it uses?

19. Gaviathan2

Gaviathan2

Sorry if this has been answered but I don't know how to search an individual thread and with 95 pages it would take forever to search manually.

When a box explodes the camera shake gets stuck in an infinite shaking loop,how can I stop that from happening?

20. radiantboy

radiantboy

Having some major issues upgrading!! Spent hours, any one know the simplest route to upgrade???
    when I compile im getting:

UltimateFPS\Scripts\Core\Editor\vp_ComponentPersister.cs(9,9): Error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'vp_Component' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) (CS0246) (Assembly-CSharp-Editor)

UltimateFPS\Scripts\Core\Editor\vp_EventDumpWindow.cs(9,9): Error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'vp_EventHandler' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) (CS0246) (Assembly-CSharp-Editor)

Etc etc, any tips?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  21. radiantboy

radiantboy

OK I finally got it to work, major problem I think is that I do not see the "update" button the docs refer to, I guess it will be all handled nicely if I did. Now I have got the ability to pick things up etc so its working, but I cannot get footstep sounds or doors to work, usually I like to simply make a prefab from the stuf fin the demo scene and add that to my scene which usually works but not in this case.. is there anything special you need to do to turn on footsteps or get the buttons that open doors to work, I can hear the sound when I select it but it does nothing, I moved the way points over etc!

Great update, the new stuff is very cool, love the ladders and the picking up and throwing stuff!

22. TheRealFuzz

TheRealFuzz

I love the latest update! One thing though, with the latest update it has made the pistol stop working! If I try to reload the pistol, it does the animation and loads no ammo.

Any plans to support the Xbox 360 controller?

23. Andy2222

Andy2222

Hi,

i was wondering what method u suggest to have something like a project persistent class/object to handle scene/level and Load/save functionality? In some examples i noticed some "gamemanager" named object, attached to the camera. I would like to have a object that exists on a project scope to store and handle scene independent/persistent jobs/settings.

24. theSoenke

theSoenke

When will the multiplayer addon published? And will it support photon?

25. cyzada

cyzada

Firstly, thank you for the excellent resource VisionPunk. I'm looking for a little insight on toggling crouch and ADS activity/states. My attempts so far have failed(still not clear on manipulating activities), I'd really like a working example if possible(preferably an external script changing states), or a firm shove in the right direction.

26. supericon

supericon

Has anyone added driving and/or a proper flight mode to UFPS?

I'd like to be able to walk up to an object such as a car and switch to a driving mode.

Any pointers on the best way to do this?

27. nosyrbllewe

nosyrbllewe

I can't seem to figure out how to get the footstep manager to work with shaders. Currently, I am using a voxel engine and a shader to allow multiple materials on the mesh. Do you have any advice on how to get this to work? Thanks.

28. supericon

supericon

Anyone else experiencing clip reloading no longer working with the latest update?

Basically I just drag the Advanced Player prefab into a scene - it works fine EXCEPT for reloading, which doesn't work at all.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  29. phato777

phato777

Here is a simple crouch toggle that should work fine by replacing the InputCrouch method in vp_FPInput

Code (csharp):
    2. protected override void InputCrouch()
    3. {
    5.     if (Input.GetButtonDown("Crouch")  !Player.Crouch.Active)
    6.          Player.Crouch.TryStart();
    7.     else if(Input.GetButtonDown("Crouch")  Player.Crouch.Active)
    8.          Player.Crouch.TryStop();
    10. }

30. Master_Chief

Master_Chief

Hello everyone, im trying to add the weapon sway/delay effect from this project into my current one, does anyone know how i would go about doing this? (The effect when looking left or right and having your gun delay before following)

31. mariobyb

mariobyb

Hi

Im new to the Ultimate FPS system.
    I would like to have a script attached to an object that adds upward force to the character controller upon collision.
    Could somebody please show an example how this is done in script?

Thanks in advance for help.

32. mudibushnaq

mudibushnaq

hello i bought the 1.4 version ,, how i can decrease the weapon movment or the effect that happens when you fall from a high place it pulls the weapon up

33. MehmetOguzDerin

MehmetOguzDerin

How can i make SimpleFPS Controller always run? Like W+SHIFT?

34. phato777

phato777

In vp_FPInput you could override the InputMove method like this

Code (csharp):
    2. protected virtual void InputMove()
    3. {
    5.     if(Input.GetAxisRaw("Vertical") != 0 || Input.GetAxisRaw("Horizontal") != 0)
    6.         Player.Run.TryStart();
    7.     else
    8.         Player.Run.TryStop();
    10.     Player.InputMoveVector.Set(new Vector2(Input.GetAxisRaw("Horizontal"),
    11.                                         Input.GetAxisRaw("Vertical")));
    13. }

35. superme2012

superme2012

AI Day 2

[video=youtube_share;WIv58a4dBuo]http://youtu.be/WIv58a4dBuo

This is the second day of the A.I code development ;)

So far, chase, attack, run away, and run if attacked at distance.

I have been using true bones mocap animation, its ok but still need to match the speed with correct animation. Its tricky.

36. superme2012

superme2012

I actually have a need for this also, so I will work on it today. "mariobyb" I guess what your after is a kind of jump pad? Like a classic Quake 3 type Jump Pad?

37. radiantboy

radiantboy

Got almost everything from the update working but still 2 issues

- when I go to interact with things I dont see the little hand icon, it wont change on my own scene, why would that be?
    - still cant hear footsteps

Must say I love this update, I have now got some very cool electric doors :-D

38. superme2012

superme2012

Ok here is the script to provide a method of force to the player.

This script is set up to work as a jump pad, it is applied to the object that will trigger the jump. When the player moves into the trigger, it will be pushed up into the air but retaining control.

Code (csharp):
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. using System.Collections;
    6. public class JumpPad : MonoBehaviour {
    8.     /*
    9.      * Vars, notice public and private, public can be set in the editor
    10.      * private are for this script only.
    11.     */
    13.     public GameObject UFPSC_Player;
    14.     private vp_FPPlayerEventHandler m_PlayerHandler;
    16.     void Awake(){
    18.         //This needs to be set in order to access the "PlayerEventHandler"
    19.         m_PlayerHandler = UFPSC_Player.GetComponent<vp_FPPlayerEventHandler>();
    21.     }
    23.     // Use this for initialization, not used
    24.     void Start () {}
    26.     // Update is called once per frame, not used
    27.     void Update () {}
    29.     void OnTriggerEnter(Collider OtherCollider) {
    31.         Debug.Log ("Collision Do Player Jump!!");
    33.         if(OtherCollider == UFPSC_Player.collider){
    35.             //This is the vector you want to push the player on, Y in this case is UP
    36.             Vector3 JumpForce = new Vector3(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f);
    38.             //This is how to send the vector data to the UFPSC
    39.             m_PlayerHandler.ForceImpact.Send(JumpForce);
    40.         }
    42.     }
    44. }
    The collider of the Jump Pad needs to be set to “Is Trigger” and it should be moved slightly above the Jump Pad Game Object.

REF ID: 11516

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  39. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

The new update is awesome. I can't believe you're still selling this for only $15. This has been one of the most useful assets I've ever purchased, and my game isn't really even an FPS. You should seriously raise the price; I think you're selling yourself short!

40. superme2012

superme2012

I have also been thinking about this lately for a space exploration game idea.

I’m not sure the UFPS would be an ideal solution for something like car or flight psychics, but it would work very well as an inside or cockpit camera as it has epic mouse smooth features.

The best solution in my opinion would be to actually place the player object within the vehicle and disable the movement functionality. And also restrict camera rotation to 180 degrees over the full 360.

For getting in and out of the vehicle, one would need to simply reposition the paler object using a relative transform. In other words, get the position and rotation from the vehicle seat.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  41. J-F

J-F

I need help seriously with the interaction system. My old one worked by identifying the player in a variable gameobject's zone, and i have no idea how messaging works.

42. radiantboy

radiantboy

Any had it so even if you turn off impact damage you still get hurt by running into a wall? I have all thresholds set to zero.. and unticked the tick boxes..

On a side note, Anyone here hang out in IRC, would be good to chill with ufps users, im in freenode #ufps right now :) and of course #unity3d

43. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Here's a small teaser of one of the things that are brewing at VisionPunk HQ. I can tell you firing the machinegun from your hip and having wooden boxes explode in slomo truly makes you feel like Rambo in a Matrix movie ... :D

$UFPS_Oculus.jpg

44. VisionPunk

VisionPunk

Hey J-F, read this manual section before delving into messaging. It can seriosly reduce confusion:
    http://bit.ly/11PrFCy

And, ofcourse the interaction chapter:
    http://bit.ly/14eyBvY

What, specifically is it you want to do with interaction?

45. Benji-John93

Benji-John93

Is UFPS automatically compatible with the rift or is there some package or sdk needed to get it going? just curious on how it actually works? :)

46. BrandSpankingNew

BrandSpankingNew

I find this info on the Oculus Rift FAQ.

" What are the main steps I will need to take to integrate Oculus Rift with my game?

The two main steps for integrating the Oculus Rift are:

(1) Integrate Rift motion tracking with your character’s view camera transformation, enabling looking around the world, and

(2) Implement stereoscopic 3D rendering and optical distortion adjustment that produces the correct left/right eye image on the device.

Our SDK will assist with both of these tasks, providing accelerometer and gyro data, screen size information, as well as pre-made shaders to simplify development and abstract away hardware details."

Searching upon "Unity and Oculus Rift" leads to some fascinating results. For example, back in March Unity gave EVERY Oculus Rift developer an extended Pro License. Pretty sweet deal. We can never get those months back, but the updated SDK, along with the consumer product, perhaps, will be available soon. Sid Meier hasn't quit yet, and he would probably mention to us all that "fun" is still the most important thing.

47. Ahdireyo

Ahdireyo

Probably been asked before, sorry, but how would I make the camera be able to cling to walls. For instance If I want to make a Parkour style game. I run to a wall, look up, the camera jumps up and climbs over edge onto top of wall, or I jump to another platform and before going over, the camera clings to the platform and jumps over. Clings to top of edges of the walls etc. How would I go about doing that the ultimate fps camera?

Edit- nevermind I found a few things you already posted, about climbing stuff... anyways thanks

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  48. J-F

J-F

Whoops, sorry for that. The manual i was reading was outdated, For now i want to make my old doors work, They just need a custom script to make the animations work. Also converting my light switch system to this.

I also looked at the activity script, Still can't figure this out.

Also my old footstep system had a control for the volume, on the current one the sounds are way too loud. Is it possible to make a volume controller on csharp scripts?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  49. radiantboy

radiantboy

Holy S*** you have a rift version in the works!!! HAHAHA man you are my hero!!!!!!!!!!

Does this mean we need our games to run at 60fps, thats my main issue right now with rift support I think! I have one too btw, and im super super excited now to see you're supporting it!!!........

made my year!

PS I have the unity pro 125 days license with my rift too, how awesome is rift/unity/vp :-D Hopefully the oclussion culling with pro in combination with the profiler can help me get back to 60fps - my scene is pretty huge.

50. J-F

J-F

Also for those who don't own a oculus rift, You can view these stereo images by crossing your eyes so that both images merge together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.