Search Unity

UFPS Missing Assets

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Taichikitty, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Taichikitty

Taichikitty

UFPS Version 1.7.5 * Feb 6, 2019
    Unity 2019.3.0a7 Personal* <DX11>
    https://www.raywenderlich.com/738-introduction-to-ufps-unity-fps-tutorial, By Anthony Uccello, Feb 15, 2017 : "Adding a Shotgun"

I am trying to follow the tutorial at https://www.raywenderlich.com/738-introduction-to-ufps-unity-fps-tutorial
    I add the shotgun to the SimplePlayer Prefab under FPSCamera and play the demo project, but there is no model for the shotgun.

When I look at Rendering in the 1Pistol and click on the ( Pistol ) asset listed for "1st Person Weapon (Prefab)" I get taken to the Pistol in Assets > UFPS > Base > Content > Prefabs > Weapons. Alongside the Pistol, I see Mace, Machinegun, MechCockpit, Revolver, and 2 folders MuzzleFlashes and ShellCasings. Except for the folders, they all have picture icons, which I believe indicates that they have a mesh. There is no Shotgun there.

When I look at the Rendering in the 2Shotgun and click on the ( SPAS-12 ) asset listed for "1st Person Weapon (Prefab)" I get taken to the SPAS-12 in Assets > Prefabs. None of the items in this section, 2Shotgun, 3Sniper, m24, and SPAS-12, have a mesh or icon render of the weapon, just the default blue cube. No change in behavior if I swap in the 2Shotgun prefab for the SPAS-12. When I change the prefab to Assets > UFPS > Base > Content > Prefabs > Weapons HD > Shotgun01, I get a nice side view of shotgun held by 2 arms, but during play whenever I put in a rotation my change gets reverted back to the original value of "0".

Should I be doing something differently to follow the Ray Wenderlich tutorial? If the assets are missing from the version of UFPS distributed on the Unity Asset Store, is there somewhere else for people to download those assets? Is there a good beginner's tutorial for UFPS for which the assets and content are in place?

Thank you for any assistance.

2. Taichikitty

Taichikitty

I figured out that the rotation needs to be through the Vp_FP Weapon script in the Rotation Springs. I am working with the Assets > UFPS > Base > Content > Prefabs > Weapons > Machinegun model. In that folder are also Mace, MechCockpit, Pistol, and Revolver models.