Search Unity

UFP - Ultra Fast PostProcessing (URP, Default) [2022]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mr_duke, Nov 26, 2021.

1. mr_duke

mr_duke

This is a special very fast postprocessing shader. https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...-ultra-fast-postprocessing-urp-default-207343

You can download documentation pdf file here: UFR PostProcessing Documentation.pdf

AMSCR01.png

- Ultra fast Depth of Field effect. This are utra fast features for your mobile, now you can use DOF even on lowend devices. But of course there are some quality costs, but everything can always be made even better
    AMSCR07.png

- Ultra fast SSAO. Second one is ultra fast SSAO, another author's algorithm, that also has drawbacks due to ultra fast ssao uses the minimum number of samples, but anyway it should work on any devices
    AMSCR09.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  2. warpedpipe

warpedpipe

Found some issues, Unity 2019.4.33 using standard renderer

1. Adding script to main camera turns scene camera upside down
    2. Ultra Fast SSAO - the ssao effect is upside down
    3. Lut manager - thumbnails in the Lut manager are upside down
    4. Ultra Fast DOF - screen turns pink
    5. Fog Height - Upside down
    6. Ultra Outline Stroke - Upside down, particles flickering

3. mr_duke

mr_duke

Thank @warpedpipe for get in touch. Work is still under way.
    That's pretty cool you described in considerable detail. It will help to make changes in the next soon update!

warpedpipe likes this.
  4. warpedpipe

warpedpipe

This asset has a lot of potential!

5. CastryGames

CastryGames

Assets\Plugins\Ultra Fast PostProcessing\Runtime\URP RENDER\FastPostProcessingRenderFeature.cs(305,30): error CS0115: 'PrettyFastPostProcessing_URP_Pass.OnCameraSetup(CommandBuffer, ref RenderingData)': no suitable method found to override
    help me i used unity 2019.4 and urp

6. mr_duke

mr_duke

New update should be awaliable tomorrow. A lot of fixes and impovments

• I added some new efffectss:
    Untitled-2.png

• fixed Unity 2019 Support
    • fixed Default Render (inverse uv, missing materials and command buffers)
    • fixed memory leaking
    • fixed material reload on asset import, change, undo
    • fixed URP issues with render to MainTexture
    LUTs: added manual gradient feature
    Dithering: added 4 dithering options for colors
    Pixelization: added some test pixelization options
    Glow: improved shader, fixed blending
    DOF: fixed all issues
    Sharpness: fixed order issues
    Outline: fixed order issues
    Fog: fixed displaying, added option to use fog before posterization
    SSAO: fixed all issues

Presets Window:
    • fixed render images,
    • fixed folders,
    • fixed menu items,
    • improved behaviour,
    • fixed lut applymethod

---

In the next release I will add more profiles and examples
    I will improve gradients
    And I will improve presets for gradients and etc
    also, I will contnue to track issues. If you will try to use this asset write me what do you think, becaues it is very important for me, I see a lot of people interested in this asset, but I don't know are you happy with the result. Maybe some of the effects do not look what you expected. I realy want you to like this asset. Thanks for your support.

In the future there will be an improvement in the interface with the ability to change the order of effects and a wider selection of effects

--

I also wanted to note that if you have interest: realistic and pretty nice and fast water for low end devices= will be published soon. It will also be for URP and Default, I just need to find out how to use renderwithshader with URP

---

Fixed. Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  7. Clow_Lead

Clow_Lead

upload_2022-1-18_21-31-36.png
    [Screenshot from Unity 2020.3.25f1]

I Can't build project with this asset.
    It seems work in editor, but it eat all of memory in start to build a scene.
    I tested multiple version of unity at URP and builtin pipeline in two computer, but I can't build.
    I tried build with only UFP import, but failed too. (I tried Standalone and android platform)
    I only success to build the way is exclude the fast postprocessing script from the camera.
    of cource it dosen't work post processing.

am I missing something?

8. mr_duke

mr_duke

Thank you for buying the asset!
    I will fix it today or tomorrow, also I plan to add some effects, and will try to improve the build for mobile platforms to reach the reasonably optimized result, if you do not want to use the asset you you can request a refund, if you have something to add, feel free to write.

I also plan to add some new example scenes, and create pre-prepared profiles.

9. mr_duke

mr_duke

I submitted an 1.1.1 update today, it should be awaliable tomorrow
    • fixed build errors
    • fixed integration and asset disabling errors
    • fixed some minor bugs in the code
    • added support for 2022
    • fixed open gl and direct x compatibility
    • fixed bugs with variable precision for low end platforms
    I run asset on The Samsung J1 (2016) ($75) 1.3 GHz ARM with 1 GB of RAM
    I enabled LUTs, Gradient, Posterization Dithering, Glow, DOF, SSAO
    It was working pretty good on 20-25 FPS using this model, but this phone has only 480x800 resolution, and full hd would be more expensive for computations, plus the effects that I used for this use very non-standard drawing algorithms

--

And I wanted to add, I also plan the dropping price for a while, because now assets have some bugs, and has no reviews, and I hope dropping will help to promote it, and if you have bougth this asset for the full price, you may contact me, and I will give you vouchers, if you really want it, I can give a couple of vouchers for this asset, or any other of your choice.

--

So I would like to know your opinion, just every thing takes time, and I want to know what is the better to do first :

There are three things that I can done in the nearer future
    • Improve performance (I used highp for whole shader to reach maximum quiality on mobiles, so I can inspect it and optimize to reach about +10%-25% of performance, also I can inspect effects, I can add some baked operations, and I can combine effects for using same data to reduce the amount of computation)
    • Improve existing effects
    • Add new effects variants with higher quality but lower performance
    Also I plan to add some good example scenes, and add 20-30 pre-prepeared Profiles, for different situations and scenes

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    Clow_Lead and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  10. Clow_Lead

Clow_Lead

I think it's a difficult problem.
    I tested the latest version and this asset works reasonably well on a mobile screen (samsung galaxy S20 in my case). But it's too rough on a PC screen. This could be due to a display ppi issue.
    I want to use this asset in a mobile environment, so in my case I want to 'Improve performance'.

JesOb and mr_duke like this.
  11. mr_duke

mr_duke

@Clow_Lead Thank you for your feedback, it will be easier for me to understand in which parts of asset I have to improve, I have already prepared a little materials and optimization tricks, also I plan to include additional blur passes for dithering.

Also I prepeared vr ar support code and some integration improvement. In general, as I understood, that I should concentrate on optimization. I also plan to add separated profiles for each effect, for example you will have two root profiles that use same dof mini profile. What about PC, I also plan to extend effects listl and add default variant for glow and dof, and of course I plan to complete grading section, It is verty impoortant task for me.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  12. iceb_

iceb_

@mr_duke Just purchased this but seem to be getting an error:

Assets\Plugins\Ultra Fast PostProcessing\Scripts\Runtime\URP RENDER\FastPostProcessingRenderFeature.cs(130,30): error CS0115: 'FastPostProcessingRenderFeature.SetupRenderPasses(ScriptableRenderer, in RenderingData)': no suitable method found to override

Currently on urp 2021.2.14, and the scripting define symbol has been added already: FAST_POSTPROCESSING_URP_USED

13. evnsch

evnsch

14. Lorrak

Lorrak

using urp 12.1.6 unity 2021.3.3f
    nothing is working.. dont even know what to ask

Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'Hidden/Fast PostProcessing Shader Source': cannot implicitly convert from 'const half3' to 'float4' at line 2123 (on d3d11)
    3. Compiling Subshader: 0, Pass: <Unnamed Pass 0>, Vertex program with APPLY_DITHER_TO_STROKE APPLY_SSAO_AFTER_EFFECTS GRADIENT_COLOR_ADD USE_DOF_BLUR_SAMPLES_SIZE_ON_Z_BLUR_DEPEND_ON_Z USE_FINAL_GRADIENT_DITHER_MATH USE_GLOW_MOD USE_HDR_COLORS USE_LUT2 USE_OUTLINE_STROKES USE_POSTERIZE_IMPROVED USE_SHADER_DISTANCE_FOG_WITH_TEX USE_SIMPLE_SSAO_4_DISTANCE_CORRECTION USE_ULTRA_FAST_SHARPEN
    4. Platform defines: SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2
    5. Disabled keywords: APPLY_CUSTOM_GRADIENT_FOR_LUT0 APPLY_DEPTH_CORRECTION_TO_STROKE APPLY_STROKES_AFTER_FOG BLUR_SAMPLES_16 BLUR_SAMPLES_4 BLUR_SAMPLES_8 FOG_BEFORE_LUT F_MOTION_BLUR_FAST F_MOTION_BLUR_TEMPERARY GLOW_DIRECTION_BI GLOW_DIRECTION_X GLOW_DIRECTION_Y GLOW_SAMPLES_16 GLOW_SAMPLES_4 GLOW_SAMPLES_8 GLOW_SAMPLES_SIZE_ON_Z GRADIENT_COLOR_MULTY GRADIENT_RAMP LUTS_AMONT_MORE_THAN_1 SHADER_API_GLES30 SKIP_LUTS_FOR_BRIGHT_AREAS UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING USE_ALPHA_OUTPUT USE_BRIGHTNESS_FUNCTIONS USE_DOF_USE_GLOW_SAMPLES_BLUR_BORDERS_OFF_Z USE_DOF_USE_GLOW_SAMPLES_BLUR_DEPEND_ON_Z USE_FINAL_GRADIENT_DITHER_MATH_AND_TEX USE_FINAL_GRADIENT_DITHER_ONE_BIT USE_FINAL_GRADIENT_DITHER_TEX USE_FOG_ADDITIVE_BLENDING USE_GLOBAL_HEIGHT_FOG USE_GLOBAL_HEIGHT_FOG_WITH_TEX USE_GLOBAL_HEIGHT_FOG_WITH_TEX_N_ANIMATION USE_GLOW_BLEACH_STYLE USE_IMPROVED_SHARPEN USE_LUT0 USE_LUT1 USE_OUTLINE_COLORED_STROKES_ADD USE_OUTLINE_COLORED_STROKES_NORMAL USE_OUTLINE_STROKES_INVERTED USE_POSTERIZE_DITHER USE_POSTERIZE_LUTS USE_POSTERIZE_SIMPLE USE_SHADER_DISTANCE_FOG USE_SHADER_DISTANCE_FOG_WITH_TEX_N_ANIMATION USE_SIMPLE_SSAO_3 USE_SIMPLE_SSAO_3_DISTANCE_CORRECTION USE_SIMPLE_SSAO_4 USE_WRAPS

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022