Search Unity

Question UDP through Unity IAP but still tells me to install UDP

Discussion in 'Unity Distribution Portal (UDP)' started by HeathC, Dec 10, 2020.

1. HeathC

HeathC

I have my game information set in my UDP settings. Game id, client id, client key, RSA Public Key, all that. Synced it with UDP console.

But, I see this in my catalog Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 7.41.46 AM.png

Of course, I'm already signed into my unity id, so I go to unity IAP and switch target to UDP thinking maybe it's that and I get this...
    Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 7.43.14 AM.png

which you can see I already have UDP in there from Unity IAP...

What do I do to make this work?

2. HeathC

HeathC

no one else has used unity IAP with UDP before?

3. do2

do2

You need to install the asset store version of UDP alongside IAP. Click on the "Go" button and it should take you to the udp asset.

FlyingSquirrels likes this.
  4. HeathC

HeathC

I will try this tomorrow when I get back to the office, thank you

5. HeathC

HeathC

so when I try to install the asset store version of UDP alongside IAP, I get this window... which I already know won't work and why I started this thread
    Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 10.08.47 AM.png

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I am seeing the same behavior with Unity 2020, it seems to work correctly with Unity 2019. The specific versions I have on my system here are 2020.1.13f1 and 2019.2.f1. On Unity 2020 it puts me into the infinite install loop as described. We are looking into this at high priority, and will keep this thread updated.

HeathC likes this.
  7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

It turns out that UPD is indeed properly installed, if you see the UDP folder and the UDP menu options. The Package Manager UI continues to show Import even after a successful install.

8. xzed90

xzed90

Any update on this? I have the same issue on Unity 2019.3.4f1

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please see my previous post. Does your install look like this after you finish the UDP import? There is no need to click Import again, that was my mistake and seemed to put me into a loop. Otherwise, please provide your steps to reproduce, starting with a new project.

Attached Files:

10. xzed90

xzed90

I had IAP already installed and working, so I wanted to use its UDP component. Clicking on the "Go" button as shown on the first post and installing the UDP asset from the Asset Store solved the issue, but it removed the UDP component from IAP. So do I need to initialize UDP IAP manually as I am now using the package?

11. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Can you elaborate "removed the UDP". Do you have the UDP folder under Assets? Do you see the UDP menu option to fill out the settings? Please share some screenshots.

12. xzed90

xzed90

I just wanted to implement UDP using only IAP package without installing UPD package. But I've realized that from IAP version 2.0.0 it doesn't contain UPD dll anymore and UDP package is required. Now I've installed it and I see UDP menu and assets correctly. Thanks for the help.

DungDajHjep and Unity-Boon like this.