Search Unity

Udemy course idea, will it sell?

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by PapitoMyKing, Jul 4, 2017.

?

Would you take a course like this?

Poll closed Jul 11, 2017.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I don't know

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. No

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. PapitoMyKing

PapitoMyKing

Hey guys,

I'm thinking in making an udemy course about game projects managemet, planning, marketing, etc., the bussines sides of things, there is nothing like it right now. But, do you think it would sell? Is it interesting for you for example?

Thanks!

2. pk_Holzbaum

pk_Holzbaum

Who knows? There is definitely a market for game development related videos. And as far as I know there aren't too many that go into the business part of game development.
    There are two condition that apply to every tutorial.

1. Knowledge: You have to know what you're talking about. Maybe even back this up with some of your history / achievements so that people can see that you're not just all talk.
    2. Tutoring Skills: Having knowledge about the matter is not enough. More important is how you convey this knowledge. That's a whole skill in itself.

If you fulfill both condition you can probably earn some money (heck, I would probably be interested too if the quality is high enough). I don't really know how much money the tutors get and the average view count on udemy. I hope that you already aquired these essential informations.

theANMATOR2b and Socrates like this.
  3. kanjiman

kanjiman

It is a great idea for a course I think. But your presentation skills need to be top notch, and you need credibility or a track record of success in this field. I have followed some video courses and the presenters were very talented teachers with well-planned courses. I actually envied their talents.

4. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Test out the market with a couple of free lessons on YouTube. If its successful, do a full course. Otherwise walk away.

theANMATOR2b and Ryiah like this.
  5. PapitoMyKing

PapitoMyKing

Thanks for your feedback guys!

6. Fr33zerPop

Fr33zerPop

I'd love it, but agreeing with the others, there's a lot of opinion out there, so I'd be most interested in a "Here's what I did, here's how I did it, and here's how much money I made." Also a "Here's what I'm going to do differently next time" would be a valued section!

I don't think you'd get much traction with just providing all the "options". While knowing some choices, I think people like me are looking for some solid case studies and your top 2 picks of everything, not information overload that sends us into analysis paralysis! :)