Search Unity

UCB Team - Assembla SVN connection issues

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by unitychrism, Oct 13, 2016.

1. unitychrism

unitychrism

Note: This is a thread created to address issues related to connecting to a Subversion repository that is hosted by Assembla. Your related thread may have been locked and redirected here, in order to consolidate user feedback while we investigate and work to resolve the problem. The error received may look similar to the following:

Code (CSharp):
    1. 10042: ERROR: Failed to check out https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/XXX/trunk
    2. 10043: svn: E175002: REPORT request failed on '/svn/XXX/!svn/vcc/default'
    3. 10044: Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Operation timed out
    4. 10045:    at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
    5. 10046: Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to check out https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/XXX/trunk
    6. 10047: svn: E175002: REPORT request failed on '/svn/XXX/!svn/vcc/default'
    7. 10048: Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Operation timed out
    8. 10049:    at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
    9. 10050: postbuildstatus finished successfully.
    10. 10051: Finished: FAILURE
    This is a known issue currently specific to Assembla SVN repositories. We will post updates to this thread until the issue has been resolved.

-Unity Cloud Build Team

2. Martin_Calm

Martin_Calm

Please post news as you work on the issue. We've been experiencing this on a massive scale since mid-August.

3. unitychrism

unitychrism

Hi there, I'll be sure to update as we move forward. A potential cause has been ruled out, and we have moved to capture more information in regards to network connectivity. I am in direct contact with Assembla regarding the issue.

Regards,
    -Chris

4. unitychrism

unitychrism

As an update, I am running some test builds with Assembla SVN repositories against a potential fix for this issue. I will post back here with my findings or any further info.

5. tonemcbride

tonemcbride

Just wondering if anyone has managed to solve this yet?

We haven't been able to use Cloud Build for months since it just fails everytime - it used to work in the past so I'm not sure what's wrong. When I enter the svn credentials it seems to accept them but when I do a build we either get the 'authentication cancelled' error or the one described above:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Operation timed out
    2. 5283: at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
    3. 5284: Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to check out https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/<companyname>/<projectname>
    4. 5285: svn: E175002: REPORT request failed on '/svn/<companyname>/!svn/vcc/default'
    5. 5286: Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Operation timed out
    6. 5287: at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
    p.s. It does seem to get a number of files from svn before this happens

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  6. Drehkt2

Drehkt2

We've started experiencing the same issue as well, with the same error as tonemcbride. Is this a server-side permissions issue?

7. spothieux

spothieux

Hello,
    i have the same issue.
    I use SVN and assembla with a project of about 600Mo.

When i try a Cloud Build (begin yesterday) it always failed.
    The error happened not at exactly the same time but it's always the same.
    I have no problem with svn on other computers.

If you have a timeout error why don't you have a retry ?
    If it can get a large amount of data (almost at least 200Mo) each time i can use the cloud build.
    I understand you keep our data and made only a update after the first checkout.
    But here each time i launch a cloudbuild it start form nothing and finish with the same error :

ERROR: Failed to check out https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/<companyname>/APPLICATION_PATH/
    3378: svn: E175002: REPORT request failed on '/svn/<companyname>/!svn/vcc/default'
    3379: Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Operation timed out
    3380: at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
    3381: Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to check out https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/<companyname>/APPLICATION_PATH/
    3382: svn: E175002: REPORT request failed on '/svn/<companyname>/!svn/vcc/default'
    3383: Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Operation timed out
    3384: at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
    3385: postbuildstatus finished successfully.
    If you need to make special test or have more information you can send me an email or private message.

Thanks

8. tonemcbride

tonemcbride

@unitychrism

Just bumping this thread as there doesn't seem to have been any response from Unity on this issue. Our company hasn't been able to do cloud builds for months now because of it and it's really frustrating - we still get timeouts as I described in my post above (Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Operation timed out).

I understand this is related to Assembla but surely there must be a solution to it somewhere? It works fine for me if I get a copy of the svn repository locally.

Any help would be really appreciated, I'm more than willing to try out any debug tests for you.

9. unitychrism

unitychrism

Thanks for the bump, I understand how frustrating this issue can be. To provide an update, I have been working on a solution that looks good in terms of resolving these timeout issues for SVN users on the whole. While I can't provide an ETA at the moment, I would like to get ahead of the curve and ask that any of you that have experienced this issue please send me a direct link to your project in Cloud Build if you are interested in helping with pre-release testing.

Thanks for your patience, I'm looking forward to having this one resolved.

10. tonemcbride

tonemcbride

Thanks @unitychrism, good to know you're working on it. I'll send you a link to the project that we're testing it on and hopefully you can use that as a test case.

11. gsurla

gsurla

Is support for Assembla P4 on the Roadmap? Currently, I don't see a way to modify the "host" field during setup.

12. spothieux

spothieux

So did you find the solution ?

I have write a private message to you (@unitychrism) but you have not answer.

It's a very annoying bug so i hope you will fix it soon

Thanks

13. unitychrism

unitychrism

@spothieux apologies for missing your private message, I have activated the system for your project and am kicking off a test build now. Anyone else with Assembla SVN issues, or SVN issues in general please feel free to direct message me links to your projects in Cloud Build to opt into pre-release testing. Thanks!

14. spothieux

spothieux

@unitychrism
    Thanks for your modification.
    I have no more SVN error since.

15. tonemcbride

tonemcbride

Hi @unitychrism, it sounds like you've fixed the issue for @spothieux but it still doesn't seem to work on our project. Is there any way you could have a look at that? I've sent you a private message but I'm not sure if I've done that correctly (I sent it as a 'conversation' - is that right?)

Thanks!

16. Jodyo

Jodyo

We are experiencing this very issue as well with SVN. I've figured out if a file is over a specific size the error occurs. Same Host, same SVN repo will upload and build successfully without the large file, add the large file back in repo fails to checkout, "operation timeout" error.

It's repeatable, and I'm trying to figure out the max size right now.

17. unitychrism

unitychrism

@Jodyo, if you would like to help pre-release test our improved SVN checkout functionality, please direct message me a link to your project in Cloud Build. We are in the process of testing this new checkout method ahead of it eventually becoming the default behavior for Subversion repositories. The new behavior has some smart resume logic built in that attempts to update from the point where connection to the repository host was lost, which resolves a good deal of issues related to self-hosted SVN and the initial complaints about Assembla connectivity.

Open invitation to anyone reading this thread, please also feel free to send your project link via direct message if you'd like us to flip the switch early for you. :)

18. Jodyo

Jodyo