Search Unity

UCB not creating AAB output file

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by topXight, Aug 8, 2019.

1. topXight

topXight

I run UCB with Build App Bundles (.aab) flag set to yes. The build completes successfully. However no files get generated. I see only the following options:

No Download
    Push to Xiomi
    Push to Unity Distribution Portal
    View Development Android Production
    Full Log
    Delete build

How can I get the AAB file?

2. victorw

victorw

In general, when there's a successful build with no artifact generated that's actually just a sign that the some process in the build failed without using the correct error codes (cancellations due to timeouts are often the same thing except the process failed in a more stupid way).

In this case, it looks like Gradle failed to build your AAB due to "FileNotFoundException: Temp/gradleOut/build/outputs/bundle/release/gradleOut.aab does not exist". This sounds quite similar to the issue reported here - I would suggest taking a look at your gradle config file if you have one.

Upgrading Unity to a later version may also resolve these issues, 2018.3.1f1 is one of the earliest releases to support AAB and I suspect there would be several bugs that are worked out in later releases.

3. jekosto

jekosto

Are we going to have some support fot 2017.X UCB building AABs?

4. victorw

victorw

That's a question (probably a feature request, really) for the mobile team.

5. topXight

topXight

Thank you for a quick response; I am going to look into the gradle config file and also will try higher Unity version and report back here.

6. topXight

topXight

*Update**:

I tried different things but what eventually worked was upgrading my gradle file to the default (mainTemplate) provided with Unity 2018.3.1f1. The AAB file was generated and was successfully submitted to Google Play store.

victorw likes this.
  7. ertunaozderya

ertunaozderya

Hello;
    How did you updated the gradle file?
    I have the same problem, can you help me please?

8. topXight

topXight

@ertunaozderya: I noticed the mainTemplate file had changed with the Unity version so I replaced what I had (which was custom one I had created earlier) with the latest version of the templates that came w Unity and did a cloud build with it. What I might suggest is if you have custom template to save it someplace; upgrade to a stable Unity version. Make sure the template is default. from Unity. Manually add anything you have from your old custom file and retry UCB.

9. ertunaozderya

ertunaozderya

Thanks, i will try it.
    Btw can you share your mainTemplate.gradle and which unity version you are using? (sorry if i accidentally disturbing you, im new at unity)