Search Unity

UCB is awesome

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by StarManta, Aug 27, 2014.

1. StarManta

StarManta

Amidst all the tech support questions and such, I just felt like one thing needed to be said about this service. It is awesome. Between this and the 4.6 UI features this is one of the most fun and productive weeks I've had using Unity in a while. It was pretty painless to set up and having an Android build just suddenly start being distributed is awesome.

Thanks for this.

Wisteso, toddh and hypeNate like this.
  2. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

@StarManta - :-D

That makes us really happy, thanks for this note. Please continue to communicate with us (either here in the forums, or in the support area) regarding your experiences with UCB - it will help us understand what is working well, what is missing, and how the service could be even better!

3. Voronoi

Voronoi

Agreed! I really like the detailed notes on errors contained in the emails. We've cleaned up our project a lot, and it's really nice to have it built for multiple devices at the same time. I normally don't check the Android build very often (on a Mac), this makes it quite convenient to share with a team. It is saving a ton of 'busy work' for our team, and letting us focus on the game itself. Nice!

toddh and hypeNate like this.
  4. StarManta

StarManta

I love that if my artist commits a change from home at 9PM, he doesn't need to wait for me - an hour later there's a new build on his phone for him to see how it looks. (On his Android, no less - which I hadn't yet gotten around to compiling to manually)

Wisteso, toddh and hypeNate like this.
  5. toddh

toddh

Thanks for the great feedback!