Search Unity

Ubuntu 18.04 - Hub 2 does not install

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by here_be_tim, May 22, 2019.

1. here_be_tim

here_be_tim

Hi there,
    I downloaded and installed the latest Unity for linux (2019.1.0f2). This seemed to install fine. To go any further, the software explained I needed Unity Hub. I downloaded Hub 2, however its installer does not seem to run.

Details:
    Ubuntu 18.04
    64 bit desktop
    I modified permission via "chmod u+x <file>" before trying to install.
    Tried installing on X, Wayland, and i3, none of which worked
    Tried double clicking on the appImage, right clicking and clicking run, and running from terminal, none of which worked.

Would someone mind informing me if I have been an airhead and have done something incorrectly, or I am hitting on a bug?

Cheers.

2. c0ppo

c0ppo

I've got the same issue. I reinstalled everything on my PC (POP OS), and it worked like always.
    But with ubuntu 19.04 on my thinkpad, image simply doesn't run or do anything.

here_be_tim likes this.
  3. here_be_tim

here_be_tim

Damn it. I just moved from arch back to Ubuntu, seriously considered installing pop os instead though. Can't be bothered installing pop os and then adding all my software again.

4. JJ_FX

JJ_FX

Yeah I cant get to install the hub in Ubuntu too. It just doesnt lounch. And actually you are saying that on POPOS its working? Ive just been thinking to switch to POPOS for gaming reasons, but I was afraid that Unity wont run there

5. here_be_tim

here_be_tim

Hi JJ_FX, according to c0ppo, yes, it works on his pop os distribution. Ironically, I too avoided pop os out of concern for software compatibility.

6. JJ_FX

JJ_FX

On friday I changed from Ubuntu to Pop!_OS. And everything works very well. The only problem I have is android SDK for unity. I will try to fix that. If nothing does help I will probably go back to Ubuntu

here_be_tim likes this.
  7. here_be_tim

here_be_tim

FYI, I have also just overwritten ubuntu with pop os 18.04. UnityHub works on this distribution for me as well.