Search Unity

Ubable to start Oculus XR Plugin Error

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by timrolls, Jun 2, 2020.

1. timrolls

timrolls

Testing my Rift S in Unity, and running into a litany of issues.

Most importantly is that this XR Toolkit implementation is broken on my machine: Oculus XR Plugin.png Unity Package Manager.png

I've made a new project, redownloaded the XR Plugin Management, Interaction Toolkit and Oculus Plugin. Also followed online advice that said Oculus plugin should be unchecked in project settings. That does clear the error... but also never initializes the headset.

To be clear, the Rift S is connected, and working as far as oculus apps and passthrough. I also enabled "unknown sources" which should allow Unity to interface with it.

The other problem is what seems to be an infinite loop that happens occasionally and randomly while changing settings to get this working. An XR Toolkit dialog pops up with "Rebuilding package cache", and while it may be doing something, I didn't see the progress bar move after leaving it over an hour. In this state, my project is soft locked and force quitting Unity is an option, but not really something I want to be doing at random intervals while working.

I've found 2 tutorials now that both reference this toolkit as the current process for "easily" setting up Oculus in Unity:

Am I missing something? I can't seem to find anything else that references or resolves the issues I'm having.

I'm going to test Oculus' Integration package next, but ultimately would prefer a setup that supports our Vive as well.

2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

> An XR Toolkit dialog pops up with "Rebuilding package cache"

XR Toolkit or XR Management (I believe you mean management but want to make sure)? Can you try XR Plug-in Management 3.2.11-preview.1? That should get rid of the progress dialog that hangs around for no reason.

What version of Unity?

3. timrolls

timrolls

That was on 2019.3.13.

Installed 2019.3.15 and the XR Management preview, and the error seems to be gone.I haven't encountered the Cache problem yet either.

Maybe just an incompatibility with .13?

4. Drhienz

Drhienz

Man Idk how to do this S*** :(

5. nilagard

nilagard

Don't get disgruntled! It's like alot of other things, you've either not activated and ticked the right boxes and forgotten some other thing. Happens all the time for every one of us (including myself). Ran into this problem like 2 days ago when setting up a new project. Follow guides, and most of all. PRACTICE and write down what you need for each project. Being a solo dev is a whole world of hurt and will take alot of time because the stuff you need to have a birds eye view of is IMMENSE