Search Unity

UA2008:Sir Gallant

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by hensoupstudios, Aug 15, 2008.

1. hensoupstudios

hensoupstudios

I don't know if my form got accepted at the UA 2008 contest. But here is a prototype of Sir Gallant that is not even in Pre Alpha statges yet. While it's not my first game ever.

It's a retro Castlevania clone. I did it as a select few people wanted to see something like that made. The textures, baddies, power-ups aren't done yet for the first stage of the first level. But the first level should be modeled and textures next week and a demo should be done by the end of this month. Theres a glitch with the cape dissapearing that I fixed but I have not uploaded yet. Plus a animation glitch where he looks like he's sliding.

http://www.hensoupstudios.com/Unity Player.html

I update this atleast once a week. The final game will be stand alone.

BTW everything on this game is developed by one person.

2. Charles Gill

Charles Gill

I seriously love it when his cape get's stuck in his face. Maybe he should mumble a curse or something when that happens.

And if you time it just right, he can treat his cape like a game of Jump Rope.

Nice physics and toon-style rendering, too.

Charles

3. hensoupstudios

hensoupstudios

Well the cape needs work still. But it is a cool thing to add to him. I am also trying to get some of the level design done first before I add more gamplay elements to it. The models are done with a mix of Blender 3D and Wings 3D, the textures are done with Photoshop, while the game is programed in Unity. I used two JS files based on the 2D game tutorial code and remodified and totaly revamped both of the JS code.

Thanks for the comment BTW. I'm glad my work is not in vain.