Search Unity

Question U-Mars scene build fails on MACos

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by james_tompkin, Feb 17, 2022.

1. james_tompkin

james_tompkin

Hello,
    I am trying to build the Unity Mars tutorial application on MAC Big Sur. I followed all the steps on Project settings-> player -> other settings and XR Plugin-in Management. These are the installed dependencies:
    Unity 2019.4.35f1
    Mars 1.3.1
    AR Foundation 2.18
    ARKit 2.19

The erros log prints:

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mars@1.3.1/Runtime/Scripts/Simulation/SimulationEnvironmentSettings.cs(53,17): error CS0122: 'DebugUtils' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Please update your version of the 'ARKit XR Plugin' package to version 1.0.13 or greater.
    Open Windows > Package Manager and update the `ARKit XR Plugin` package to version 1.0.13 or greater

UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:197)
    Unity MARS build has Warnings.

UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:197)
    Error building Player because scripts have compile errors in the editor

Build completed with a result of 'Failed' in 2 seconds (2251 ms)

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: Error building Player because scripts have compile errors in the editor
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x002b3] in /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:194
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00080] in /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:95

Any thoughts ?
    I appreciate the help.

2. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

Looks like you may have some packages out of sync? What version of the XR Tools Utilities package do you have?

I'd also suggest updating to Mars 1.4.1

3. james_tompkin

james_tompkin

I have the following dependencies:
    - XR interaction Subsystems 1.0.1
    - XR interaction toolkit 0.10.0
    - XR legacy input helpers 2.1.8
    - XR plugin management 4.2.1
    - AR foundation 2.1.8
    - AR subsystems 2.1.19
    - ArKit Face Tracking 1.0.78
    - ArKit XR plugin 2.1.9
    - Unity Mars 1.3.1
    - Unity Mars AR foundation 1.3.1
    - Unity Mars NAV Mesh 1.3.1

I tried Mars 1.4.1 but it wasnt building apps either. I moved to Mars 1.3.1 because it works on my PC, but I need to deploy to IOS (I got an iphone).
    I've seen in the documentation multiple dependencies configurations, but most of them are kind of vague and dont point to specific dependencies. Do you know an exact combination that makes it work?

Thank you for the help.

4. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

You should see "XR Tools Utilities" v1.3.1 as a dependency on Mars. If it's any version other than 1.3.1 then I think you need to switch to 1.3.1

5. mtschoen

mtschoen

Unity Technologies

Hey there! Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Do you have the Asset Store Tools package in your project? We found that it has a type in the global namespace called `DebugUtils` which was conflicting with the one defined in `com.unity.xrtools.utils`, which is why we renamed it for 1.4.1. It's possible there may be some other package or code causing the same issue.

Could you tell us what the issue was with 1.4.1? Upgrading MARS should be the easiest way to work around this issue.

If you are able to share your project with us, please do so using the Unity bug reporter. That will be the easiest way for us to diagnose and fix this issue.

6. james_tompkin

james_tompkin

Hello,
    I updated the project to Unity Mars 1.4.1,, AR foundation to 2.1.10, ARKit 2.1.18, ARkit FaceTracking 1.0.13. These are the errors i get at the moment of build the project:

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mars-ar-foundation-providers@1.4.1/Runtime/Scripts/ARFoundationMeshProvider.cs(42,73): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ARMeshClassification' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mars-ar-foundation-providers@1.4.1/Runtime/Scripts/ARFoundationMeshProvider.cs(43,73): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ARMeshClassification' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mars-ar-foundation-providers@1.4.1/Runtime/Scripts/ARFoundationMeshProvider.cs(156,39): error CS1061: 'XRMeshSubsystem' does not contain a definition for 'SetClassificationEnabled' and no accessible extension method 'SetClassificationEnabled' accepting a first argument of type 'XRMeshSubsystem' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mars-ar-foundation-providers@1.4.1/Runtime/Scripts/ARFoundationMeshProvider.cs(220,61): error CS1061: 'XRMeshSubsystem' does not contain a definition for 'GetFaceClassifications' and no accessible extension method 'GetFaceClassifications' accepting a first argument of type 'XRMeshSubsystem' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Please update your version of the 'ARKit XR Plugin' package to version 1.0.13 or greater.
    Open Windows > Package Manager and update the `ARKit XR Plugin` package to version 1.0.13 or greater

Unity MARS build has Warnings.

Error building Player because scripts have compile errors in the editor

Build completed with a result of 'Failed' in 2 seconds (2184 ms)

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: Error building Player because scripts have compile errors in the editor
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x002b3] in /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:194
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00080] in /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:95

I appreciate the help !

7. james_tompkin

james_tompkin

Hi, any possible help here?!

Thanks

8. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

Can you try updating your AR Foundation, ARKit and ARKit Face Tracking packages to 4.1.9?

9. james_tompkin

james_tompkin

It works now after updating the mentioned packages. I also installed com.unity.xr.interaction.toolkit 2.0.0. Somehow, the iphone app was giving me a black screen, but adding xr toolkit fixed it.
    Thanks.

10. Yash_IITD

Yash_IITD

I have the following dependencies:

- XR legacy input helpers 2.1.9
    - XR plugin management 4.0.7
    - AR foundation 2.1.19
    - AR subsystems 2.1.19
    - ArKit Face Tracking 1.0.14
    - ArKit XR plugin 2.1.19
    - Unity Mars 1.4.1
    - Unity Mars AR foundation 1.4.1
    - Unity Mars NAV Mesh 1.4.1

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.mars-ar-foundation-providers@1.4.1\Runtime\Scripts\ARFoundationMeshProvider.cs(220,61): error CS1061: 'XRMeshSubsystem' does not contain a definition for 'GetFaceClassifications' and no accessible extension method 'GetFaceClassifications' accepting a first argument of type 'XRMeshSubsystem' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.mars-ar-foundation-providers@1.4.1\Runtime\Scripts\ARFoundationMeshProvider.cs(156,39): error CS1061: 'XRMeshSubsystem' does not contain a definition for 'SetClassificationEnabled' and no accessible extension method 'SetClassificationEnabled' accepting a first argument of type 'XRMeshSubsystem' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.mars-ar-foundation-providers@1.4.1\Runtime\Scripts\ARFoundationMeshProvider.cs(43,73): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ARMeshClassification' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.mars-ar-foundation-providers@1.4.1\Runtime\Scripts\ARFoundationMeshProvider.cs(42,73): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ARMeshClassification' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Please help me out of these errors.