Search Unity

Type `System.Runtime.Serialization.IExtensibleDataObject` doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Windows' started by wokawaka, Jan 25, 2015.

1. wokawaka

wokawaka

I'm unable to deploy my unity project to my windows 8 phone, i get the error below when I try to.

I am using a WCF service that has a service context generated from the svcutil exe thats included in monodevelop.

I have included System.Security & System.ServiceModel .dll files in a /Assets/Plugins folder.
    I am building to .Net 2.0 and not subset.

Buildplatform: windows phone 8, development checkbox ticked.
    When i press the "play" button and test locally everything works.

Error:
    Error building Player: Exception: Error: type `System.Runtime.Serialization.IExtensibleDataObject` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Assembly-CSharp.dll at ProjectName.Internal.DataModel.DataCarriers.UserValidation.
    Error: type `System.Runtime.Serialization.ExtensionDataObject` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Assembly-CSharp.dll at ProjectName.Internal.DataModel.DataCarriers.UserValidation.
    Error: type `System.Runtime.Serialization.ExtensionDataObject` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Assembly-CSharp.dll at ProjectName.Internal.DataModel.DataCarriers.UserValidation.

Thanks for any help!

2. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Have you tried the same build targetting Windows 8.1? I'm wondering if a needed reference isn't getting added to the project.

3. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

4. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

You could also possibly take a copy of the interface out of the mono source and put it in your project with compiler directives to only include it for WP8 builds.