Search Unity

Type iOSStoreBindings exists in both UnityEngine.Purchasing.Apple and UnityEngine.Purchasing.AppleSt

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by tencnivel, Jun 29, 2021.

1. tencnivel

tencnivel

With Unity 2020.3.11f1 I get this error after switching plaftorm (from iOS to Android or from Android to iOS) and trying to update my addressables:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.purchasing@3.1.0\Runtime\Stores\BaseStore\NativeStoreProvider.cs(94,28): error CS0433: The type 'iOSStoreBindings' exists in both 'UnityEngine.Purchasing.Apple, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'UnityEngine.Purchasing.AppleStub, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Deleting the folder 'Library\PackageCache\com.unity.purchasing@3.1.0' doesn't solve the problem, I have to close the editor, delete everything in the 'Library' folder and reopen the editor which will reintialize repopulate the Library folder, which takes a very long time.

There was this same error reported here:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/two...unity-iap-cause-an-error-in-ios-mode.1100614/

I am ok with a workaround if it is less painful than recreating the Library folder but a permanent fix would be better.
    Note, I never has the problem under Unity 2019.4.8f1 but I am not sure that it started right after upgrading to Unity 2020.3.11f1

Nobi-Knobi likes this.
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, it's a known issue we are working on. Next release should be available in a couple of weeks.

nicholasr likes this.
  3. tencnivel

tencnivel

thanks!
    Do you know if it will be a LTS release ?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Not the Unity Editor, but Unity IAP. LTS only applies to the editor.

tencnivel likes this.
  5. nicholasr

nicholasr

@tencnivel thank you for the report. A related issue has been fixed in the Scriptable Build Pipeline (find via “Unity Registry” in Packman) package, version 1.19.0. The current version is 1.19.1.

Fixed a case where previous build results could influence a new build incorrectly by including the wrong dlls. (http://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.scriptablebuildpipeline@1.19/changelog/CHANGELOG.html)​

In my testing, upgrading to this package has resolved the issue that is reported here.

image (89).png

tonybf, marcianosd and JeffDUnity3D like this.
  6. alexds9

alexds9

@nicholasr Do you mean that Unity IAP 3.2.3 package is now requires Scriptable Build Pipeline 1.19.1 package to be installed and configured to solve double definitions in Unity IAP?
    I don't understand the relation between the two packages, and how it all supposed to work with building AAB with Google Play plugin.

7. alexds9

alexds9

Apparently Scriptable Build Pipeline package was installed in my project after all, although package manager wasn't showing it, after upgrade to 1.19.1, errors have disappeared in my case, and seems that everything is working fine now.

JeffDUnity3D likes this.