Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

TwoBoneIKConstraint works differently for Humanoid and Generic Avatars.

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by Ratslayer, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Ratslayer

Ratslayer

I use TwoBoneIKConstraints for both of my character's legs. Here is a pose using a humanoid avatar:
    upload_2020-4-19_10-50-37.png

Here's the same pose, using avatar from the same blender file, but now I have converted it to Generic.
    upload_2020-4-19_10-51-15.png

No effector positions or rotations have been changed, yet as you can see the tripods have changed their orientations and now the legs are twisted in the wrong direction. The first pose is the desired one.
    It seems that TwoBoneIKConstraint is using some data from Humanoid Avatar to determine how to properly rotate the bones. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

2. danUnity

danUnity

3. Ratslayer

Ratslayer

Is there any way to get similar results in generic mode?

4. danUnity

danUnity

Yes, you can just change(increase in your case) the min/max of your character's avatar muscles and it should remain in the same position.

The default muscle settings are meant to be changed depending on your character's range of motion. Like if your character is fat it can't move it's arms and legs as much for example.

You need to increase your ninja's range of motion (min/max) of your ninja's legs in your case.