Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Two things I found right off.

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by jdscogin, Jan 10, 2018.

1. jdscogin

jdscogin

// 1. Monodevelope is missing.
    2. Importing FBX models does not import textures. Every version of unity imported the textures until 2017.2. It works fine in 2017.1.
    3. Also Fungus is broken. Has this error:
    Assets/Fungus/Thirdparty/Usfxr/Scripts/SfxrAudioPlayer.cs(55,22): error CS0143: The class `UnityEngine.AudioClip' has no constructors defined
    It is failing here:

AudioSource soundSource = gameObject.AddComponent<AudioSource>();
    soundSource.clip = new AudioClip();

gameObject.AddComponent is in Red.

Something must have changed?

Sorry, 3 things.

Also just discovered, a fbx model can not be dragged into assets. It shows a circle with a line through it. This is happened in other betas, but was fixed later. It is back again.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. elbows

elbows

The monodevelop being missing thing is quite deliberate, its mentioned in various release notes/blog posts. The've dropped it for reasons including it not supporting some of the language features Unity is now starting to support in C#.

3. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Did you read the full beta changelog properly?

Enrico-Monese likes this.
  4. jdscogin

jdscogin

OK, yeah, I see that Mono Developement is no longer supported.
    Deprecated support for MonoDevelop. VisualStudio is now the recommended and supported C# editor on both macOS and Windows.
    Although it does not say it is no longer supported. It says it is Deprecatede. VS is the recommended.
    I was able to get Mono Develope to work.
    But what about the other issues. What I really need fixed is the FBX issues. It says it has a lot of fixedsfor FBX import, but not my issue. I create models and was able to import them with textures in 2017.1, But since them, they do not have textures. This is a really big deal.

5. ScottyB

ScottyB

Point 3 is mentioned in the release notes:
    Just looks like the Fungus code needs to be updated to include an AudioClip constructor that takes parameters.

6. jdscogin

jdscogin

Thanks so much. I will forward this the the Fungus Developer.
    That's the kind of answer I was looking for.

7. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please file a bug report with a minimal reproduction case for this issue, including some of the original assets that fail to import properly? https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

As a general rule, please don't bundle up unrelated issues in a single thread. If you got X beta related issues that haven't been discussed yet, feel free to start X threads simultaneously.

Peter77 likes this.
  8. jdscogin

jdscogin

Done. Thanks!

LeonhardP likes this.
  9. jdscogin

jdscogin

From Fungus Developer:
    Looks like you can just set the audioclip to null as Usfxr generates a new one later anyway.
    soundSource.clip = null;
    I've committed this and a fix for another 2018.1 beta compile error.

GoldenEagleTech and thibaud39 like this.