Search Unity

Two semantic segmentations from a single Perception Camera

Discussion in 'Unity Simulation' started by andrzej_, Nov 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrzej_

andrzej_

Is there are a way to get two separate segmentation passes from a single frame?
    Ideally I would just add a new Camera Labeler with two different label config files, but currently this throws an error.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Can you share the code that you are using that throws the error? We will look into this.

3. andrzej_

andrzej_

No code involved. When I add two different label config files to the perception cam I get this error:
    Semantic segmentation was run twice in the same frame. Multiple semantic segmentations are not currently supported.
    upload_2020-11-5_16-53-44.png

JeffDUnity3D likes this.
  4. JonHUnity

JonHUnity

Andrezej, multiple instances of semantic segmentation is high on our list, to be done in the next release. We'll update this thread when we have a PR open, if you would like to take an early look.

5. andrzej_

andrzej_

Thanks Jon,
    Do you have a timeline for this?
    Or should I try to figure out a workaround for this?
    using two perception cameras, replacing annotation files during runtime and changing the scene every other frame and a bunch of other things don't really work, so I think that would require some kind of a custom pass, similar to instance segmentation, that would work with HDRP. Not sure if there's an example implementation like that.

6. andrzej_

andrzej_

Haven't tried it yet, but I guess since the new update has instance segmentation I can use this as a workaround.

7. stevenke_unity

stevenke_unity

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.