Search Unity

Two scenes in the same project appears to be different

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by fengkan, Jul 4, 2020.

1. fengkan

fengkan

I have two scenes in the same project. Both scenes have one camera and one cube without any lights.

But the cube in one scene is black, as expected, while the other is white.

6.png

5.png

The settings of both cameras are the same. And since the scenes are in the same project,
    I think they should share the same default HDRP settings. So how the cube turns to be white?

Thank you, guys.

Attached Files:

• 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      9.8 KB
      Views:
  2. dgoyette

dgoyette

Well, I'd go make a 3rd scene and see if it's black or white. That might help pinpoint the difference.

I'd assume it's an issue with the two cameras having some different value. But it's also possible you baked lighting in one of these scenes once, and it's being applied? Or the two cubes have different materials on them?

One thing you can do is open both scenes at once, and have them both loaded side by side. You can then multi-select either both camera or both cubes at the same time, and see if they have any inconsistent values in the inspector. If you see a "-" for one of the values when multi-selecting objects, it means the two objects have differing values for that property.

3. fengkan

fengkan

Thank you, I tried loading the two scenes, and the cubes turned to be white.

2020-07-05 12_15_55-Window.png

The settings of the cubes and cameras are the same, also the lighting setting of the scenes. I think there must be some settings I am missing.

4. dgoyette

dgoyette

Well, if you've got scenes that contain no volumes, they should both be using identical volume profiles.

So, normally the cube in the "black" scene is black, but when you've loaded the "white" scene, the black cube is white. (Heh, this sounds pretty confusing to discuss.) That gives me the impression that something in the white scene is turning the black cube white. What if you delete the Cube or Camera from the "white" scene while you have them both loaded? Does the cube go back to being black?

If not, you could try comparing the two scene as text files. Is the "black" scene from an older version of the project that you've updated?

5. fengkan

fengkan

Thank you for the hints!

There is not any difference visible in the editor, so I compared the two scenes as text files, and they are quite different. So I ended up moving the objects in the black scene into the white one. It solved my problem this time, although I am not sure why.

6. dgoyette

dgoyette

If the project is small enough, I wouldn't mind taking a look at it, just to better my understanding. You can send me a private message with a link if you want, or you can just move on to whatever you're actually trying to do with HDRP. :)