Search Unity

Two Roles Game - Player & Dungeon Master

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by dupugupu, Mar 7, 2019.

1. dupugupu

dupugupu

Hello,

So i've read and played around a bit with Unity. And while it makes sense, and i know how to build a simple game, i wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction on how to build a D&D like game.

Specifically i'd like to build a view high level, 3rd person for the Dungeon Master, and a low level 3rd person for the player.

I want the game to be turn based and as the DM to be able to dynamically add assets for the players to play and interract with.

Example:

4 people enter an inn. There is a mage NPC, they interract with him and he casts a [.. DM Decides what].

Ultimatelly i want the game to have 5 players, 4 player characters and one to direct the game. So dynamically to be able to add creatures, objects, create doors, add traps, take over an NPC and play it, etc etc.

In the long run, i'd like to have more DMs to create immersion for the players.

Not sure where to start. I'm a .NET Senior developer and my intuition sais to build two different games and link them via services, but i feel that Unity might already have something available so i don't reinvent the wheel.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Dan