Search Unity

1. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Participate with students all over the world and build projects to teach people. Join now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Two FBX files into One "Animator". Can it be done?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by GookGo, Jun 12, 2018.

1. GookGo

GookGo

I bump into a problem that I don't know how to apply two fbx files to Unity (one for the body and one for the face) since Unity only allows one "animator" in the inspector...

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 7.49.01 AM.png

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

If the meshes share the same rig simply copy the mesh from A to where the other mesh is on B as a child of the single animator on B and change any references if need be.

They should both then use the same animator.

GookGo likes this.
  3. GookGo

GookGo

Thanks for the advice! I'm using this full rigged character (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/humanoids/max-iclone-character-50693) and the real problem is that I'm a beginner of this. lol Could you teach me step by step or any link that I can learn to solve this it? :)

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

No, I'm too busy. I hope someone else can help you.

5. GookGo

GookGo

Got it! Thanks.

I tried to separate the head and body but it doesn't work either. As the last few seconds of this video, you can see the fbx.file is working properly.

6. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Look into animation layers, avatar mask and humanoid setup/import.

Also review animation training material to progress.

GookGo likes this.
  7. GookGo

GookGo

We use blendshapes from iPhoneX. When we select the rig from Generic to Humanoid, it says "no enough bones to create human avatar" so should we choose Generic or Humanoid?

8. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Generic unless the plan is to add bones to fit the humanoid rig configuration. There is a Unity blog post detailing mecanim and humanoid rig setup. I believe it is from 2014-2015.

GookGo likes this.
  9. GookGo

GookGo

Thank you so much, I will look into it! :D