Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Two Factor Authentication locked me out of my account !!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Aladine, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Aladine

Aladine

Hey,

I was setting up my Unity Connect website yesterday and the Two Factor Authentication popped up asking me to secure my account even more, i was like "why not?", i entered my phone number and received an sms with a code, 2 actually, no idea why, but it was from 2 number: +4475090333278 and +4475090053555.

Today i got an email notification reminding me to review an asset that i bought 4 days ago on the assetStore, and again i was like "why not? its a great asset let's give it 5 stars", i went to login, and unity is asking me to enter a code that it supposedly sent to my phone, well, I DIDN'T GET ANYTHING!! i pressed the "Re-send code" buttons a dozen of time now, nothing is coming, there is an option to use use "recovery code" which i don't even know what is it or how to get it.

* I don't have access to my dashboard to setup the required Analytics which i need done for work TODAY
    * I can't access collaborate to pull or push any needed change!

This broken system totally messed up my workflow and am very pissed off right now...

EDIT:
    I just got a collection of SMS all at the same time... and am almost sure its not my phone provider cause my mobile internet was running fine when i was trying to login, i just disabled the TFA for good.

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  2. Arganth

Arganth

Hmm same thing right now for me
    not getting the 2FA codes on my phone...

3. Resshin27

Resshin27

Suffering from the same issue right now

lavi_mahal likes this.
  4. lavi_mahal

lavi_mahal

Even I have the same issue, trying for 3 days but no code received. Where are unity officials??

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The SMS 2FA issue was fixed earlier today (7/31 PDT), apologies on the inconvenience.

Aladine likes this.
  6. Aladine

Aladine

Thank you but this is really the kind of issues where it should be extremely highlighted everywhere, like write in big bold red text in unity connect saying that "we are currently working on a fix, so DO NOT ACTIVATE 2FA"

I don't want to sound rude but a lot of us make their living using unity, and being locked out of the platform is the worst nightmare ever.

7. Abuthar

Abuthar

It's not fixed apparently because i just tried to login and it's asking me to verify using a code you've sent me... but i NEVER ENABLED 2 Factor Authentication. What am i supposed to do now? I have an update to push.

8. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Already made a post at another thread but looks like this one is the most up to date one, can't access my account as I never receive the code on my phone like many of you guys here.

Sent support an E-mail, they then told me to send my phone number to reset it then they disappeared and didn't get a reply. Opened another support ticket now.

9. SugoiDev

SugoiDev

I opened a ticked and confirmed some information they asked, and they got 2FA disabled for me.

One thing to notice: I initially replied via email, but it seems the replies didn't go through to zendesk. It's best to click the link in the email and reply directly from the zendesk interface.

10. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Thanks for the tip! will give it a try when they reply again. I am thinking it's the weekend now and they will probably get back to me by tomorrow I hope.

11. EbalStudios

EbalStudios

Yes!!! got a reply back from support and 2 factor authentication is removed now and I can access my account!!!
    They say the system is also working now without problems.

12. TheWarper

TheWarper

I've been locked out of my account for days now, still awaiting assistance, help!

13. mafortis

mafortis

same issue here, not receiving verify code

14. vietlab

vietlab

15. exe2be

exe2be

I can't login too (at my main account!) NO SMS!

16. unity_0D9915797B43D7AAE2D2

unity_0D9915797B43D7AAE2D2

I am getting the same problem today.

tomekkie2 likes this.
  17. tomekkie2

tomekkie2

the same.

18. exe2be

exe2be

19. GameShelter

GameShelter