Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Two easy steps which MUST be done in order to make Collaborate much better

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Artaani, May 21, 2018.

1. Artaani

Artaani

1. Add a check box "try to merge files if possible". I want to disable it! It does not works! It does not receive changes in the scene. It does not receive changes in the code. My partners need to change something in the scene \ code and commit it over and over again. Even in latest Unity version. Just add a check box!

2. Add a check box "perform checking for changes when Unity launched". I want to disable it too! If I need to commit something, I will press a button "perform checking for changes" and I will commit what I want. Why I need to wait several minutes over and over again each launch?

Just a two check boxes. How much time it will take to implement? 30 minutes probably? Can you please do it NOW?
    Two small and simple check-boxes will make all users of Collaborate is much happier.

The idea of Collaborate is really great! It is easy to use. It just not works as it should! But if you will implement these two little thing - it will be amazing!

_FLX and Romenics like this.
  2. _FLX

_FLX

A checkbox to select multiple conflicts and resolve "mine/their" for all at once.
    Each click is triggering a reloading which can be really slow.
    When there are more than 10 conflicts it's hard to manage

3. Marc-Saubion

Marc-Saubion

Also, an auto resume function. Currently, when collaborate fails during upload, it just stay there like InternetExplorer's download manager from 2000 meaning we have to hold it's hand during the whole process. This is unacceptable on a paid service.

Artaani and unity_4liJIeiOUSoWow like this.