Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

two different terrains have different grass thickness?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by zarvin, Apr 24, 2017.

1. zarvin

zarvin

im making a game rn and i have two separate terrains and i have the exact same grass texture with the same settings and everything and the texture when painted have two different thicknesses. i want the right side grass to look like the left (picture posted below). The grasses are painted also using the same exact setting besides color which i havent changed yet. please help the right side looks aids. But better yet if u know how to combine terrains into one that would be sick (kinda doubt u can). thanks

Attached Files:

• idk.JPG
      idk.JPG
      File size:
      102.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Cody-Rauh

Cody-Rauh

Are terrain maps same resolution, scale, and size?

3. LaneFox

LaneFox

Each terrain has its own settings for all of that. It doesn't render them differently just because they're on different terrain objects, it will render them differently because they have different settings.

Check the grass settings, the color, the terrain settings for grass rendering, the materials, etc..

4. zarvin

zarvin

no the one with the more sparse grass is a 2000 by 2000 and the other one is 500 by 500 is there anyway to make the grass in the 2000 by 2000 more dense i dont see anything in the settings besides detail density which is already set to max

5. Cody-Rauh

Cody-Rauh

Well if I understand correctly terrain not only has scale but resolution. Sounds like you are spreading your terrain density not just grass density thinner on the larger terrain. You would need 4x the terrain resolution if I am correct to match the 500x500 terrain.