Search Unity

Resolved Two Bone IK with target still moving

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by LibooSoft, Nov 13, 2022.

1. LibooSoft

LibooSoft

So Im trying to get two points to align with static target points to override the animations running.
    There are 2 strange things happening here. targets don't align on game "run". But if I disable then enable animations they at least almost align.

1. At "run" the target (red box) don't align with the hand bone (red cross)

2. Then I Enable/disable IK Pass on the upper body targeted animations.

3.It now aligns better, but it still moves from the character idle animation. This seams lite a pretty weird behavior. As to my understanding it should be fixed to the target.

I have seen a few videos regarding IK targeting trying to figure things out, but have not found any solution to this issue.

This is my setup so far.

-Have Animator and Rig Builder on the same character root node in the structure.
    -The Rigs are put as children to this node. They have weights set to 1.
    -And the target "RightHandController" is right now put as a child node to this TwoBoneIK Constraint. I have tried have this targeted moved elsewhere in the structure of the character root node and still have the same issue.

Any ideas what might be missing for this target to behave as a fixed point and not just as a reference where to animate the point it self?
    Because right now, that seems to whats happening here. The target only acts as a reference where to animate at, not freeze it on point as intended.

Running Unity 2021.3.12f1

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  2. LibooSoft

LibooSoft

So after a lot of pulling my hair I figured it out. Structure is SUPER important for this to work as intended.

As you can see "Character 0.2" contains the animator and rig builder. Now here comes the interesting part. If yo look in the prevouse pictire I had a folder structure for "Model/Mannequin" under this node, before reaching both the model and the bone structure. This dose not work if you want to have fully static IK points for you model.
    Because if I move true model "Ch36" and the bone structre "mixamorig1:hips" as just as children to the rigbuilder. It will work.
    So It seems you cant have any folders to categorize you character(s) to make this work properly.

As they need to be "parent -> child"
    Not "parent -> type of child -> child"

upload_2022-11-15_18-11-41.png

Not sure if this is intended or not. Hope that might help someone if you experience something like this.
    No folders... ;)