Search Unity

Two accounts on same computer. One Personal (free) license, other account Pro license. What do?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Jamez0r, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Jamez0r

Jamez0r

Hey guys, this is my situation - I have been using the Personal (free) license to work on my own project with my own Unity ID/email account.

I just got hired for contract work. I created a separate Unity ID/email account for this. They gave me a Pro license so I can work on their project. I entered the license into Unity Hub, and I can open their project and everything is fine on that side.

The issue is that now when I open my own personal project, it is using unity Pro. Even when I log into my personal Unity ID/email account in Unity Hub and then open my project.

I've googled trying to figure out what to do and can't find any info. The project I work on with my Personal (free) license uses Collab and no one else on that team has Unity Pro, so I NEED to keep that project working with Personal. What do I do?

Thanks for any help!

2. Jamez0r

Jamez0r

3. muttsang

muttsang

Hey did you get any update on this? I'm also having the same issue :)

4. waller_g

waller_g

It looks like I am going to run into this at some point as well. Does anyone have an answer to this?

5. muttsang

muttsang

I think i've found a way to juggle licenses in a single computer. It's a bit of a "donkey work" but it works.
    I just simply return the pro license and activate the personal license when I'm working on my personal project.
    And when I have to use my computer for work, I just activate the pro license. We just have to make sure the same pro license is not being used on more than two computers. Seen from here.
    Cecilie's comment from this page also says there's no limit on "how many times you return and then activate a license".

Keep in mind we also have to change the accounts (logout/login).

6. Epsilon_Delta

Epsilon_Delta

bump

I would like to be able to assign licenses to different projects