Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Twitter & Other Social Media

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by attilam, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blacklight

Blacklight

2. HarBenly

HarBenly

Nah, Twitter doesn't block or close inactive users now. Twitter users declined drastically in last 2 years, the older accounts that were closed and are open now. I recovered my wife's old 6-year account.

3. HarBenly

HarBenly

And then she decided herself, to deactivate it so she can focus on the new one.

4. jeffthoms321

jeffthoms321

5. anajames86

anajames86

Trust level 100+

HarBenly likes this.
  6. HarBenly

HarBenly

Haha, make it 1000+ lol

7. anajames86

anajames86

You are one lucky guy.

HarBenly likes this.
  8. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

I started using twitter over a month ago, and I'm really surprised at how fun the twitter gamedev/indiedev community is. Lots of developers are really active on it and are very visual with the stuff they post which is awesome!!

I tend to mostly just interact with other creators, post screenshots of things I made and usually I participate in the weekly #unitytips fun fest :)

I'm going to try to post some tips weekly, depending on how much time I have!

Feel free to follow me, would be hugely appreciated!

https://twitter.com/blacksadunity

If you'd like a sneak peek, this is the tip I posted last Tuesday :)

9. loanxinhgai

loanxinhgai

i don't use twitter but i use facebook, instagram

10. HarBenly

HarBenly

Well thank you. :)

11. HarBenly

HarBenly

12. loanxinhgai

loanxinhgai

13. Heerpit44

Heerpit44

I have an account there. I have been created this one before 2 years ago. But don't use that account much.

14. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

Twitter has some weird voodoo going on. I've seen accounts with no posts and 20k followers. There are robots that'll follow random people for you, and then unfollow them after a spell if they don't follow, but these cause Twitter to block your account for unusual behaviour. You can also buy followers, but I can't see how they can be forced to stay followers. And importantly none of the robots that follow you back actually care about what you tweet!

It's nice to keep short logs and show little bits of progress, and it's great for daily encouragement, posting up a new effect say and getting a few likes (https://twitter.com/softwaregeezers) and maybe a couple new followers. I don't know how materially effective it is for game promotion. Unless you can befriend someone with a significant following, I doubt it's something worth investing heavily in. Even accounts with thousands of followers receive a lack of interest on their YouTube links, for example. 8k followers, they tweet a new game release with reveal trailer link, and that video has only 147 views.

On the flip side, a high Twitter following adds to your Klout rating, which is something you want.

itchyOwl likes this.
  15. minta2

minta2

somehow stopped using twitter :oops:

16. Tom_Veg

Tom_Veg

17. krishlarry

krishlarry

I also have an account on Twitter as well. But don't handle my account all the time.

18. VIC20

VIC20

19. minta2

minta2

I have a feeling that i have to get back with my twitter :rolleyes:

alexanderameye likes this.
  20. powermta

powermta

Im maybe getting back to twitter too

21. Maziu

Maziu

Hi, there's mine:
    https://twitter.com/mateocosmiq

And my Instagram, If you want to see some of my daily stuff:
    https://www.instagram.com/mateocosmiq/

I'm going to start uploading art for 3d games at the Unity Store, by now I'm planing the assets that I will bring to you guys next year. Nowadays I'm working on some projects so I need to finish them first to start with this, my own project ;D.
    Dont hesitate to talk me there if you have any suggestion/advice or just to know each other stuff!

alexanderameye likes this.
  22. Rick_Swash

Rick_Swash

23. jabudcha

jabudcha

Here's my Twitter account :)

JavDev

Cheers!

24. Sun_Suite

Sun_Suite

Twitter is great for promoting your work! In my case, I focus on creating asset packs and its one of my main sources of traffic.

Just jumping on the bandwagon at this point: https://twitter.com/sunsuitestudio

25. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

26. andbc

andbc

I'm also using twitter on a daily basis, following a lot of indie dev, tech artists and artists. Posting a lot of WIP stuffs.

https://twitter.com/moj0111

27. DidierAubin

DidierAubin

Twitter is very popular in UK & US, specially there are many celebrities use Twitter as a way to communicate with their fans. I also used it for a long time, but I did not use it recently cause I'm too busy ;)

28. GiantGrey

GiantGrey

theANMATOR2b and alexanderameye like this.
  29. kolayamit

kolayamit

30. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

My first time comment in this Twitter thread. I know it's a bit late hence I decided to take a look from the very first page until this latest page and check out all workable Twitter links and I found you all awesome developers.

@attilam @thomasvdb @gtjuggler @VoxelBoy @Razu @jashan @Mark-Ripley @Aras @Dreamora @br0kenp0ly @Joe-Robins @HiggyB @VJ_Anomolee @3djay @noctrine @Mathieu @RustyBolt @ryanzec @MikeHergaarden @technicat @MentalFish @jmunozar @IPete @dharris @AngryAnt @col000r @atholm @maxfax2009 @Thomas-Pasieka @benbritten @JustRadek @Cominu @luisanton @purplelilgirl @selzero @fremachuca @defjr @AnomalusUndrdog @CrowbarSka @Wild-Factor @SpookyCat @rocket5tim @keely @bernardfrancois @thinksquirrel_lily @Dan-Stubbs @hippocoder @maglat @design3 @mrsifuentes @liampc @JyriKilpelainen @jeffweber @Thinice @Acumen @jedy @Warewolf-Digital @Dave-Carlile @Lars-Steenhoff @RideTheT @lorenalexm @Lioncirth @soulos @ZMastah @SteveJ @meta87 @SpaceMammoth @Ullukai @DayWalker @darrenmeehan @ConfluxGames @pants1067 @Rodolfo-Rubens @Thavron @yourHost @danybittel @MooseMouse @snowconesolid @crafting-legends @ForgottenDawn @TheRaider @Ryunocore @Andrew_at_That_Wonderful_Lemon_Co @mgear @i_am_a_game @StevenMcS @GoGoGadget @samuelk @djweinbaum @MinhDao @luispedrofonseca @Micha-Stettler @Guile_R @judah4 @ThePositiveMoxie @gshape @SiegfriedCroes @rakkarage @redpanda @LaneFox @Klarax @Cogent @PixlWalkr @shanecelis @Rosie-Posie @DavidxK @JonathanBurroughs @kMak @TomasJ @ChrisSch @banreaxe @eskovas @Vandie_Studios @DrakkarDev @mikolajspy @kdavis9181 @Dinosaurs @Muhsin-Kaymak @QFSW @HakJak @MobackDigital @CDMcGwire @4s4 @mh114 @tetriser016 @Asset_Store_Deals @SecondBake @101craft @GooseNinja @TalhaDX @rrahim @Aldo-V @Wiremuch @Sanhueza @tsangwailam @LOGames @Valkrysa_Herja @SarfaraazAlladin @MERCURIUSFM @radicalEd @SunnyChow @ArcticArcade @PhilippG @N1warhead @squidbeam @ZakCollins @cichys_ @Shifty-Geezer @Tom_Veg @jabudcha @hasanbayat @andydbc @propeller @kolayamit

Hi. Nice to meet you all. I tag you here to inform that I already followed all of you guys on Twitter. You guys really have some good potential on specific field like pixel art, procedural solution, music composer, plugins creation, shaders design and so on which I didn't have. Very amazing. Keep it up on all of your great works.;)

I'm Unity games developer (Main) and Unity Asset Store publisher (Sub) at the same time. I use my Twitter account to showcase and discuss about both (Main & Sub) work in progress. I focus on mobile games development and 3D environment art pack creation for the Asset Store. Sometimes I retweet amazing and creative stuffs. Don't hesitate to add me if I missed to add you and we can discuss games together.:)

Chinese New Year is coming soon hence I'm quite busy on family stuffs so not much updates / slow updates during this month until after that. Haha.:p

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AkiraWong89

31. kristiangrundstrom

kristiangrundstrom

32. bellamor

bellamor

I do, I prefer Twitter more than Facebook.

33. Jesper-Nielsen

Jesper-Nielsen

I've never really gotten into Twitter but I've considered using it to promote my game once it starts looking good. Not quite sure how visibility works there.
    https://twitter.com/yesnessen

34. Assembler-Maze

Assembler-Maze

I've only thought at Twitter for promotion, not necessarily for personal use.

35. Eyon_game

Eyon_game

36. burntbyhellfire

burntbyhellfire

very old thread ,but i'll give my 0.02.. i do not use twitter and i probably wont in large part due to their recent activities of unevenly enforcing their own rules and getting WAY too political.. its not the open, fair, and balanced platform that it claims to be

Antypodish likes this.
  37. IvyKun

IvyKun

I have twitter and I never write, but I follow unity (for the games, tips etc), lots of developers, designers, aso agencies... it's really good for information, discover new games and mainly see what others are doing.

So if you are active and post lot's of screenshots, gifs, etc with the right hashtags, the visibility will be good.

I plan on using it to promote my new game too. Basically use twitter as your gamedev blog ;)

Ceciphar likes this.
  38. bellamor

bellamor

I prefer Twitter more than Facebook.

BrandyStarbrite likes this.
  39. dilmerval

dilmerval

I use Twitter a lot and is how I communicate to everyone in the indie industry :) I also use constantly throughout my own journey and talk abut every single thing I am doing that relates to indie game development :)

https://www.twitter.com/dilmerv

40. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello birds , because you love Twitter than please fly now! And do not get scat to Unity3D! Please fly out! Other planet has Unity3D liked world. :D

Why do you use only Twitter, Discords, Facebook? I don't understand why do you lie me because you have 2. website Discords made by Unity3D Team right. I think they hate deaf people right? I am deaf. Since Half-Life Mapping like TWHL has discords now. I leave it because you don't care for deaf people. Why do you block me. Thank you for bad caring!

I am using only Google+ enough because I am using Tablet that is why I use only Google Plus no Facebook, no Discords or no Twitter yet....

I respect right world. Facebook is sick, Twitters are birds and fly out. Discords is like world chat messenger by Unity 3D right? But I saw impress ....

41. Murgilod

Murgilod

42. Deleted User

Deleted User

wat????????????????????????????????? I don't understand please read correctly? I think you need to carry glasses? Or You have to set browser with zooming?

43. Tom_Veg

Tom_Veg

44. Deleted User

Deleted User

I used twitter once, now I am nowhere, except here and on a few (very few) web-sites. If we had a shout box here... :)

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  45. KevIU

KevIU

46. synderclinton

synderclinton

I have been using twitter since 2008 and fb since 2010

47. codevenient

codevenient

I am using Twitter since a few weeks ago: https://twitter.com/Codevenient

I will use it to promote my games and Unity Assets. And hopefully to get some news and discover other people's work.

48. zerotech15

zerotech15

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  49. StarvingIndieDeveloper

StarvingIndieDeveloper

Twitter is probably better than Facebook for spreading the word about your project, since the use of hashtags can cause your note to receive attention beyond your own followers, especially if you use a hashtag which is monitored by bots that retweet indie game-related posts. I typically get at least one to two thousand views per note, sometimes more, despite only having about 200 followers. Of course, most of the viewers will tend to be other indie devs rather than potential customers, but there are ways to reach potential customers such as by replying to threads posted by Youtubers who have Twitter accounts. Their fans may see your note.

Here's my Twitter account: https://twitter.com/StarvngIndieDev

50. Sparky999

Sparky999

I am not using twitter. Just facebook and instagram

CharmsHello likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.