Search Unity

Twisted/Deformed Character with Mechanim

Discussion in 'Animation' started by TD10074405, Oct 15, 2014.

1. TD10074405

TD10074405

We're using a series of animations I created using a MoCap system (Kinect) with a model our animator created. Each animation is loaded into our blend tree and its data loaded onto our player which, each animation is shown in the inspector as working fine!

Once it is loaded onto the character however we start to get weird deformities occurring i.e his arms are twisted and rotated as shown here: huh.png

Any insight into the fixing this with the Mechanim system and fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated. Our Animator has only ever worked with Maya/3DS!

2. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

Are you using the same rig to import your animation and to import your character? Are you using a humanoid or generic rig?

3. TD10074405

TD10074405

We're using a humanoid rig, it was the same rig / character which then had the animations loaded on and exported individually (The MoCap data was all together) as FBX Files then the animations configured on each of the animated models.

Anims.png
    This the way the animations look which is basically our player with an animation loaded onto it and imported

Oscar.png
    Our character looks like this

GenericRig.png
    This is what happens with a generic rig, not what we want!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  4. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

Can you send me one animation file and your character file, it seem that there is something that doesn't match, either the scale of you character is way too different or both rig doesn't match perfectly.

TD10074405 likes this.
  5. TD10074405

TD10074405

SCALE! Thank you!

I just reset the scale and the avatars, auto mapped the skeleton and its now fixed!

Mecanim-Dev likes this.