Search Unity

tvOS joystick B button suspends app

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Fl0oW, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Fl0oW

Fl0oW

Hi,

we recently wanted to update to Unity 2019.2.12f from version 2019.2.2f, which would contain several useful bugfixes for us. However, we ran into an issue on tvOS that kept us from updating and is really frustrating to work with.

The B button of any joystick now somehow maps to the Siri Remote Menu button, and pressing it suspends the app as pressing the Menu button would. We do not support the Siri remote at all in the game, but users using the Menu button on the remote to put the app into background seemed like a logical usecase, almost like pressing the home button on an iPhone, so we kept it enabled for that reason.

Now, I am aware of things like tvOS.Remote.allowExitToHome, which at least makes the B button not exit the app anymore, but in turn the Siri remote will also not work as expected for the user.

So I guess my question is: Is this intended behaviour? Is this a bug and will be fixed (I hope so)? When can we expect this to be fixed? Or am I missing any obvious workarounds that would lead to the expected behaviour (B Button not suspending the app, Menu button on siri remote suspending it), which used to work fine in 2019.2.2f?

Thanks a lot and have a great day everyone!