Search Unity

tvOS IAPs Authenticate But Purchase NOT Awarded

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by zenasprime, May 16, 2020.

1. zenasprime

zenasprime

I originally posted the below on the Reboud Games forums. They make the Simple IAP System asset. I'm not sure where the error lies so I'm cross posting here as well.

https://www.rebound-games.com/forum/topic/2430/tvos-iaps-authenticate-but-purchase-not-awarded

Here's the console output from Xcode:

2. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

3. zenasprime

zenasprime

The Unity Ads scripts should be removed entirely (since Unity Ads doesn't support tvOS) but are also not a part of IAP.

Are you suggesting that there's some sort of break in the execution of one due to the other?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

No, we are suggesting that there appears to be a bug in your code. And you are free to remove ads entirely if you added it yourself. IAP and Ads are separate products. If one component causes a crash or has a missing script, the remainder of the script might not be expected to execute properly. But you would need to contact the Asset developer, we could not assist here, they may need to update their product for use with the version of Unity that you are using.

5. zenasprime

zenasprime

Well that is what I was attempting to say. These systems are unrelated. I may have missed removing the RewardAdButton script from a disabled button but it shouldn't in any way have any bearing on the issue at hand. Thanks for pointing out the error but I'm a bit confused why it's germane to the topic.

I have been talking to the Asset Developer, as is evident by the link posted above. Still, there may be some other issue that I am unaware of that is not a result of their implementation of Unity IAP.

I need to fix the issue regardless, and any light that can be shined on the problem would be greatly appreciated.

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry for the confusion, you brought up the topic when you stated "The Unity Ads scripts should be removed entirely (since Unity Ads doesn't support tvOS) but are also not a part of IAP." They are unrelated. But an exception can prevent other code from executing. You need to talk to the developer, or code Unity IAP yourself. There is a Sample IAP project here to get you started https://forum.unity.com/threads/sample-iap-project.529555/