Search Unity

Tutorials won't run

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by arconz, Jun 4, 2019.

1. arconz

arconz

I'm new to unity and have installed hub & latest version 2019.3.0a4. It says the tutorials need to have the preferred unity editor set, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this.
    I added version 2019.1.5f1 which was the unity editor required for the first tutorial, but upon clicking Start tutorial it defaults to opening in the latest 2019.3 with a bunch of errors. ???
    How can I access the tutorials?

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Please please please, new Unity users need to stop installing Unity alpha versions. 2019.1.5 is the latest version of Unity. Unity 2019.3 won't even be stable enough for a beta for probably another couple months, and won't be bug free enough to actually ship to customers for 5+ months.

Unless you're an experienced Unity user wanting to get a preview of future features, just uninstall 2019.3.

Any version with an "a" is an alpha version. Any version with a "b" is a beta. Don't try learning on these. Don't try building a project on these. Don't install these unless you have a very specific reason for doing so.

Ryiah and Vryken like this.
  3. arconz

arconz

Thanks for your reply - it worked only after uninstalling 2019.3. It would probably be ideal if Unity didn't install the alpha by default... :/

VindictiveOne and Joe-Censored like this.