Search Unity

Question Tutorials Package Open Source?

Discussion in 'In-Editor Tutorials Packages' started by CaseyHofland, Mar 20, 2023.

1. CaseyHofland

CaseyHofland

The tutorials package in its current stage is a flawed masterpiece. There are bugs, workflow could be better, but there is so much potential here!

Is there a github where I can provide PRs? There are a couple of things that bug me workflow wise I would like to improve:
    - CurrentPage is NULL bug
    - TutorialContainer and Tutorial being really weird to order
    - Multiple Tutorials in a single project
    - (far-out idea) use TMPro as the backend for page text / support some form of Markdown.
    - More control over image scaling / rethink media for pages in general.
    To name a few.

I would love to improve my own tutorial in these ways, but I can only do it through the tutorial framework. While I could write my own backend, it seems kindof backwards to just improving the real thing if I were able.

It doesn't seem like this package will receive a lot of love from Unity itself, but I'd hope to see it revitalized. It has huge potential for the future of community teaching in Unity.

2. RikuTheFuffs-U

RikuTheFuffs-U

Unity Technologies

Hi @CaseyHofland , unfortunately the IET package is currently closed-source. For reporting bugs, you should be able to open a bug report using the regular Unity bug tracker. The current maintainers of the packages will be notified.

CaseyHofland likes this.
  3. aavenel-ls

aavenel-ls

Tutorial package does not seem maintened anymore, which is really sad. It would me awesome to have this open-sourced.

4. Ali-Unity3D

Ali-Unity3D

Unity Technologies

Just chiming in to tell that the in-Editor tutorials packages have new owners/maintainers now, so there might be a change for updates in the future.

DevDunk likes this.