Search Unity

tutorials for upgrading iOS unity 1.6/1.7 projects to 3.3?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by FitzSoft, Apr 4, 2011.

1. FitzSoft

FitzSoft

As I am unable to get any iPhone unity projects to work in unity 3.3, I was wondering if anyone has a tutorial on how to convert/update an iOS project to work in unity 3.3? I was expecting Unity to have an upgrade feature which would scan/fix superseded commands in project scripts but this seems not to be the case.

As a noob to Unity, it gets ever more confusing when things break with each new version.

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

Don't think there are any tutorials as anything that can be upgraded is automatically upgraded by Unity already, the rest has to be ported.

The scripts are likely less the problem than the whole project setup

The texture features got overhauled, the old occlusion culling is gone (you need iOS Pro to use umbra occlusion in U3 iOS), all licenses now have plugins etc etc

The part that can be automatically upgraded between major versions is upgraded actually.

And there are no breaks with new versions within the same major version, but Unity 3 is a new major version (new version of the engine) so its already nice that most of the project convert over without problem, often you have to port projects in such a case

3. FitzSoft

FitzSoft

many thanks.

4. Dreamora

Dreamora

Just in case: ensure to make a backup before you convert, in case you might want to continue on 1.7