Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Tutorials for rain or other weather effects?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by deancolt45, Nov 18, 2009.

1. deancolt45

deancolt45

Hey guys, currently am working on a weather system for a game, but all my weather effects are letting it down. Is there any tutorials people are aware of related to scripting realistic looking rain etc in unity? Thanks

2. RHD

RHD

Not aware of tutorials but there is a great script for rain around somewhere, I tried it and it was excellent, and a few threads on this sort of thing with some good stuff in. Try some general searches on rain, clouds etc.

3. deancolt45

deancolt45

Cheers RHD for the reply, have already had a look through rain searches, did find a fair amount on it all, just haven't seen any scripting yet, found alot of examples though, so kind of know what I can get out of unity, just not sure how to achieve it all, will keep looking for script though! :)

4. RHD

RHD

5. deancolt45

deancolt45

Thanks for the advice, had already seen and was impressed with it, but couldn't get the package to work, kept at it though and got it in now, thanks!

6. Remedous

Remedous

Do a Raycast upward and if nothing is hit then have a gui texture flip rapidly through about 5 different frames.