Search Unity

Tutorials for absolute beginners

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Thorep, May 11, 2015.

1. Thorep

Thorep

Hi! I want to learn unity and was wondering if there where a large track of tutorials that coverd everything, c# + everything.

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

3. Thorep

Thorep

Yeah i know, but i was thinking about other pages to. I have seen that Lynda had a 2d track for Unity. Any other tips? For complete beginner.

4. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

Check my signature

5. RichardKain

RichardKain

I'm actually working on a few programming beginner tutorials that my brother requested. They're going to be real beginner, "I don't know how programming even works" tutorials. My brother has gotten into a little bit of logic writing macros for MS Excel, and now he's interested in getting into a bit more full-on programming.

I'm thinking that I can guide him on the right path using some comparisons to concepts and ideas that he's already familiar with.

SubZeroGaming likes this.
  6. Thorep

Thorep

I would like something even more simpler than SubZeroGaming tutorials.

7. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Have you tried following the basics projects here on the Unity Learn site? (linked above) These are designed with people who have little or no experience in mind. If you have an are having issues, please let us know where you are getting stuck. If you have not yet had a chance to try them, give it a go and see how you get on. I'd suggest some of the basic editor lessons to get an over view of the editor, and then dive into "Roll-a-ball" and see if that helps.

8. jhocking

jhocking

9. Jnanda313

Jnanda313

10. renaissanceCoder1

renaissanceCoder1

My colleague and I have tutorials teaching C# and JavaScript (the two main languages you will script in for Unity3D). These series will teach you what you would learn in an introductory college programming course.

Click for our C# playlist.
    The primary development environment used in this playlist is Visual Studio 2013.

Click for our JavaScript playlist.
    The primary development environment used in this playlist is CodePen - but others are used.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  11. JayJennings

JayJennings

My Bouncing and Sliding course is free Unity 2D tutorial aimed at complete beginners. Starts with no coding and then slips in some simple scripting at the end to show how easy it can be.

Jay

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  12. SofDench

SofDench

Hi, would you be willing to share these?