Search Unity

Tutorial - How to Implement Round-Based Spawning and Scaling Enemy Difficulty | AI Series Part 19

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by ChrisKurhan, Jun 22, 2021.

1. ChrisKurhan

ChrisKurhan

Hey all! Happy #TutorialTuesday!

This week I'm taking a look at 2 topics really important and related to one another:

Round-Based Spawning (or "Waves")
    So far in the AI series we've only had a fixed number of enemies to spawn. Once the player kills all those, that's it. In this tutorial I go into how to configure Round spawning in 2 ways:
    1. The player must clear all enemies before spawning a new round/wave
    2. The next round starts immediately after the last enemy spawns for the previous round
    Scaling Enemy Difficulty
    I'll also go into how to scale up enemies based on a custom curve for nonlinear difficulty scaling in your game. And! Because we reused the same RoundSpawner for burst spawning enemies in AI Series Part 18 last week, there's no extra work to scale up the enemies in a burst spawn area!

As always, full project code is available on GitHub!

If you're getting value from this series, please consider liking and subscribing to help these tutorials reach and add value to even more people! New tutorials every Tuesday, sometimes on other days too.